Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

A Way To Solve Our Electricity Problem - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Way To Solve Our Electricity Problem (234 Views)

How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? / Say No To Phcn! We Can Solve Your Electricity Problem / Please What Is The Meaning Of Net Arrears In Electricity Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Way To Solve Our Electricity Problem by irohadis: 6:08pm On Apr 25, 2022
I have been working on a solution to the electricity problem since 2016. My approach started with an analysis of my energy usage while I was living in Lagos. I found that 90% or more of the electricity I was using from my generator or PHCN went to my ACs. That mean't that if I found a way to keep cool with minimal electricity, I could power the rest of my home with a couple of solar panels. This led me into inventing a solution.

That solution is the ae.Climate Earth, a climate control system that uses water and sunlight or light to produce a cooling effect. When it is cold and humid, it will warm up the room by condensing the water vapour in the air. In addition, the system improves the air quality in rooms by adsorbing CO2 and other gases that may not be good for you, and mosquitoes will not bite in a room where it is installed.

It behaves very much like a tree in terms of how the climate control effect feels.

With this technology, I am now able to power my devices and home with a solar panel. My electricity problem is gone.

I would like to open up a discussion on this invention here. We are currently able to demonstrate to interested parties who live in Imo State and Abia State.

You can read more about the solution here: https://anaeleiroh..com/2022/04/vernacular-modernity-cooling-heating.html

You can also see a BBC Click test of the technology here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grLJ2wB_LzI

1 Like

Re: A Way To Solve Our Electricity Problem by Segunaja: 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2022
Quite a handful number such clip on YouTube

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Way To Solve Our Electricity Problem by irohadis: 11:53am On Apr 26, 2022
Segunaja:
Quite a handful number such clip on YouTube

You can find the original video here: https://storyplayer.pilots.bbcconnectedstudio.co.uk/experience/click1000

You need to navigate to the segment for Innovators in Malawi. It is at the end. The youtube clip is a copy to make it easy to see.
Re: A Way To Solve Our Electricity Problem by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2022
Does it use light or not?

Do you mean it replaces an AC?

Why did you say mosquitoes won't bite, what features does it have that makes it a mosquito repellant?

What are the component features? Does one go to buy then you build or it comes "ensuite"?

How many will be needed in, say, a standard three bedroom flat?
Re: A Way To Solve Our Electricity Problem by irohadis: 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Does it use light or not?

In the current configuration offered, you need electricity to power the photonic amplifiers (lights) that increase the cooling or warming effect. It consumes a maximum of 20 watts - same as LED light bulb. What this means is that you can power two of these with one 250 watt solar panel and 100 amp battery for climate control 24/7. There will be optional split unit add-ons like the semiconductor amplifier that can consume as much as 200 watts but only need to be used if you want to feel chilly. You can add one more solar panel for this optional module. You can also place a 2 - 4kg bowl of ice over it to get a stronger chilly effect when it is very hot or humid.

Do you mean it replaces an AC?

YES

Why did you say mosquitoes won't bite, what features does it have that makes it a mosquito repellant?

Mosquitoes operate at a given temperature and humidity and are attracted to the CO2 we exhale from our body. The climate control element is an adsorbent that pulls C02 and other gases from the air continuously and dissolves the soluble ones in the water it contains - you get cleaner air. Things will grow on them if you don't keep them clean. The cooler temperature and better humidity appears to also keep mosquitoes away. In our years of testing, we have found consistently that mosquitoes don't bit in any environment with the system.

What are the component features? Does one go to buy then you build or it comes "ensuite"?

It is a full product we deliver plug and play. It is made with majority of components manufactured in Nigeria. The climate control material and embodiments are original to us and are patents we are processing.

How many will be needed in, say, a standard three bedroom flat?

Two (2) of this model will be enough to keep the entire flat comfortable. However, more is more. If you put one in every room, you will get a stronger cooling effect overall. The downside is, because it cools by radiation, the same way you can cool other rooms remotely with only two units,, when you have more, you start cooling your neighbours remotely. You can reduce the light to decrease power and therefore reach of the cooling to a smaller radius. During very hot afternoons or evenings, if the air is still, you will need a fan to move the air with this model. But it requires a slow moving fan to get the best effect. So, I use a small rechargeable desk fan for a room.

Let me know if you have other questions.

(1) (Reply)

Nnn / Have You Been Looking For Block Of Flats To Invest Affordably In Gbaga Ikorodu? / How Much Is Your House Rent? Is The Price Justified By Quality Of The Property?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.