Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private (32886 Views)

No More 'Twitter For Iphone' & 'Twitter For Android' / Elon Musk Offers To Buy Twitter For $43 Bn / Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by fergie001: 7:55pm On Apr 25, 2022
It's official: Elon Musk is buying Twitter for $54.20 per share and taking it private

SOURCE

Twitter, Inc (NYSE TWTRI today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by an entity wholly owned by Elon Musk, for $5420 per share in cash in a transaction valued at approximately $44 billion Upon completion of the transaction, Twitter will become a privately held company
Under the terms of the agreement, Twitter stockholders will receive $5420 in cash for each share of Twitter common stock that they own upon dosing of the proposed transaction.

The purchase price represents a 38% premium to Twitter's closing stock price on April 1, 2022, which was the last trading day before Mr Musk disclosed his approximately 9% stake in Twitter
Bret Taylor, Twitters Independent Board Chair, said 'The Twitter Board conducted a thoughtful and comprehensive process to assess Elon's proposal with a deliberate focus on value, certainty, and financing.

The proposed transaction will deliver a substantial cash premium, and we believe it is the best path forward for Twitter's stockholders
Parag Agrawal, Twitters CEO, said, 'Twitter has a purpose and relevance that impacts the entire world Deeply proud of our teams and inspired by the work that has never been more important.'

"Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated," said Mr Musk "I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase MIA defeating the spam bots, and authenticatIng all humans Twitter has tremendous potential - I look forward to working wIth the .mpany and the community of users to unlock it'

13 Likes

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by fergie001: 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by an entity wholly owned by Elon Musk, for $54.20 per share in cash in a transaction valued at approximately $44 billion. Upon completion of the transaction, Twitter will become a privately held company.

Under the terms of the agreement, Twitter stockholders will receive $54.20 in cash for each share of Twitter common stock that they own upon closing of the proposed transaction. The purchase price represents a 38% premium to Twitter's closing stock price on April 1, 2022, which was the last trading day before Mr. Musk disclosed his approximately 9% stake in Twitter.

Bret Taylor, Twitter's Independent Board Chair, said, "The Twitter Board conducted a thoughtful and comprehensive process to assess Elon's proposal with a deliberate focus on value, certainty, and financing. The proposed transaction will deliver a substantial cash premium, and we believe it is the best path forward for Twitter's stockholders."

Parag Agrawal, Twitter's CEO, said, "Twitter has a purpose and relevance that impacts the entire world. Deeply proud of our teams and inspired by the work that has never been more important."

"Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated," said Mr. Musk. "I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans. Twitter has tremendous potential - I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it."

ELON MUSK BUYS TWITTER
- Twitter's board approves deal
- $54.20 per share, $44B total
- Will become private company
- Musk: 'Free speech is bedrock of democracy'
- Musk: Adding new features, open source algorithm
- Musk vows to defeat spam bots, 'authenticate all humans'

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by VoteTinubu2023: 8:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
Democrats don enter am. grin

What I will like to see is how Elon will handle Twitter. Being an outspoken advocate for free Speech, I will like to see the policy that will shape the administration of Twitter.

I believe Trump's Twitter account restoration will be first on his list.

By the way,

Remember to Vote Tinubu 2023.

God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by FactBoyz: 8:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
Great News! All these shadow banning by Twitter employees favouring Democrats and Liberal Lunatics is about to stop.

Since, Twitter banned the Babylon Bee, Elon took this personal.

Trump should be reinstated too.
Free Speech in our times is much needed.

Libs are having a meltdown grin grin grin

God bless Elon Musk, the first African American to own a major Social Media Company.

God bless Donald J Trump

God Bless Peter Obi.

Factboyz

163 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by surrogatesng: 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2022

1 Like

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by DJGiore: 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
money man, jack will just flow another unique social media.....download this fuji mix in naija dj mix.com

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Lexusgs430: 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
Time to cash out........ grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by slawormiir: 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Damnnn...Damnnn......damnnnnn niggarrrrrrrrrrrrrr

44 billion dolls
Damnnnn....wwhhaatt ddaa ffuucckk!

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by sogodihno: 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
Baba olowo. grin grin

Rituals can not give you this kind of money.

Say no to Rituals

Seun, I wan buy Nairaland, I am offering #20M, email me let's seal the deal.

239 Likes 12 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Burgerlomo: 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
It's a done deal

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
It's a win-win for me and my nigga.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Agwotulumbe(f): 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
kai
this people just dey quote money like say money no be anything and like say money na just figures.

God I just need 0.01% of this money cry

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Laggafin: 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
E don be.. money too sweet.. I must get ds muney

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Prettylima(f): 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
Elon Musk is a smart business man
Click like if you believe cheesy

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by BizBayo: 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
Doings #Respect

9 Likes

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Ayilara1(m): 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
E

3 Likes

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by espn(m): 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
Genius...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Burgerlomo: 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
Twitter accepted our 44 billion dollar offer grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by saintjimos(m): 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Cash out for shareholders

5 Likes

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by adeola1097: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Smart man. no matter how evil money is, don’t think being broke is holy. Just have money and lots of it.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by NowisGod109(f): 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
I see everybody is commentless lol

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Manny21: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Just imagine, one share for 30k. God punish poverty

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by lailo: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Another ponzi scheme undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by obicoolnino: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
W

1 Like

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Spactacle(m): 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
I wish he's buying Nigeria instead cry cry cry

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by NwaNimo1(m): 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Innoson maybe next on his shopping list.....

[img]https:///media/4-02-2022/D89bFd.gif[/img]

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Money is talking

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by THURAFTERNOON: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Doge as method of payment = pump

6 Likes

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Sad day!
This guy would definitely put the edit button on tweets and that would make twitter lose its authenticity!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by oluwaseyi0: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
too much money

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by treatise: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
fergie001:

SOURCE

Twitter, Inc (NYSE TWTRI today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by an entity wholly owned by Elon Musk, for $5420 per share in cash in a transaction valued at approximately $44 billion Upon completion of the transaction, Twitter will become a privately held company
Under the terms of the agreement, Twitter stockholders will receive $5420 in cash for each share of Twitter common stock that they own upon dosing of the proposed transaction.

The purchase price represents a 38% premium to Twitter's closing stock price on April 1, 2022, which was the last trading day before Mr Musk disclosed his approximately 9% stake in Twitter
Bret Taylor, Twitters Independent Board Chair, said 'The Twitter Board conducted a thoughtful and comprehensive process to assess Elon's proposal with a deliberate focus on value, certainty, and financing.

The proposed transaction will deliver a substantial cash premium, and we believe it is the best path forward for Twitter's stockholders
Parag Agrawal, Twitters CEO, said, 'Twitter has a purpose and relevance that impacts the entire world Deeply proud of our teams and inspired by the work that has never been more important.'

"Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated," said Mr Musk "I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase MIA defeating the spam bots, and authenticatIng all humans Twitter has tremendous potential - I look forward to working wIth the .mpany and the community of users to unlock it'

Benin musician say MONEY say if him nor dey make man nor talk otherwise yawa go dey

1 Like

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Inspirer1: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Keep on moving on,,,, continuous quest for success

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of A Lady Posing With Caskets / Common Languages Before Answering Calls / Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.