Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private (32926 Views)

No More 'Twitter For Iphone' & 'Twitter For Android' / Elon Musk Offers To Buy Twitter For $43 Bn / Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
Bbbw:
My only business is for him to manipulate shib inu to hit 1 usd
asinnn

1 Like

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Mumusaphire: 9:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:
Democrats don enter am. grin

What I will like to see is how Elon will handle Twitter. Being an outspoken advocate for free Speech, I will like to see the policy that will shape the administration of Twitter.

I believe Trump's Twitter account reinstatement will be first on his list.

By the way,

Remember to Vote Tinubu 2023.

God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
u talked good, come spoil am with yeye candidacy.

1 Like

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by rahat181818: 9:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by htdot: 9:16pm On Apr 25, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:

What I will like to see is how Elon will handle Twitter. Being an outspoken advocate for free Speech, I will like to see the policy that will shape the administration of Twitter.

By the way,

This your take dont make me like tinubu but the issue is that, he is a dictator . He jas been fic5ating for lagos for a while now
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by udemzeus(m): 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
I see Twitter ending up like Tumblr
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by OhafiaPrince(m): 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:

By the way,

undecided
VoteTinubu2023:

By the way,

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Bimpe29: 9:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
What a resolute goal getter!

It's instructive not to stop struggling until success is attained.

2 Likes

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Bignuell(m): 9:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
SQLmastar:
Not a wise decision to sell
I'm telling you. It was really painful jack stepped down as the CEO and also from the board. Investors and founder insight don't always align. All these board members are after their pocket, nothing more

1 Like

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by blacknoir: 9:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
sogodihno:
Baba olowo. grin grin

Rituals can not give you this kind of money.

Say no to Rituals

Seun, I wan buy Nairaland, I am offering #20M, email me let's seal the deal.

grin
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by TheOgaBoss: 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2022
DJGiore:
money man, jack will just flow another unique social media.....download this fuji mix in naija dj mix.com
no he cannot, he must have signed a non-compete.

2 Likes

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Bignuell(m): 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2022
czarr:
Mr smarts please tell me... Why do you think he purchased it? you know we learn everyday. If you can't tell me then make Ogun kill your papa
I picture elon musk as a kinda rich spoilt kid who wants to have everything. I don't see this acquisition relating to freedom. Jack plans for twitter is different from anybody that will purchase twitter now or in the future.

1 Like

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by TheOgaBoss: 9:34pm On Apr 25, 2022
Manny21:
Just imagine, one share for 30k. God punish poverty
where did you get that? 1 share is 54 dollars 20 cents
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by sonofElElyon: 9:35pm On Apr 25, 2022
fergie001:

SOURCE

Twitter, Inc (NYSE TWTRI today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by an entity wholly owned by Elon Musk, for $5420 per share in cash in a transaction valued at approximately $44 billion Upon completion of the transaction, Twitter will become a privately held company
Under the terms of the agreement, Twitter stockholders will receive $5420 in cash for each share of Twitter common stock that they own upon dosing of the proposed transaction.

The purchase price represents a 38% premium to Twitter's closing stock price on April 1, 2022, which was the last trading day before Mr Musk disclosed his approximately 9% stake in Twitter
Bret Taylor, Twitters Independent Board Chair, said 'The Twitter Board conducted a thoughtful and comprehensive process to assess Elon's proposal with a deliberate focus on value, certainty, and financing.

The proposed transaction will deliver a substantial cash premium, and we believe it is the best path forward for Twitter's stockholders
Parag Agrawal, Twitters CEO, said, 'Twitter has a purpose and relevance that impacts the entire world Deeply proud of our teams and inspired by the work that has never been more important.'

"Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated," said Mr Musk "I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase MIA defeating the spam bots, and authenticatIng all humans Twitter has tremendous potential - I look forward to working wIth the .mpany and the community of users to unlock it'

A lot of power in the hands of one man
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Bignuell(m): 9:35pm On Apr 25, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

NL is worth over $200m
Bro hold on, do you know what is $200M or na naira sign you been wan put. If for say you call $500k or $1M, i for agree
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by MotiveU(f): 9:39pm On Apr 25, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:

I believe Trump's Twitter account restoration will be first on his list.

By the way,

I reject and cancel.
Every spirit that wants to set us back using Ahmed.. Holy Ghost fire
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by kayjay69(m): 9:45pm On Apr 25, 2022
Exactly bro.

If you look at all his businesses
Tesla
Tesla Energy
Neuralink
Boring Company
Hyperloop (which isn't a company per se but an idea for now)
Space X

They all have one thing in common, they are disruptive in nature.

This Optimus robot runs on complex ML and AI algorithms that are usually very data hungry, the more the data the better the algo can train the robot. Where better to get data today than a social media company for a measly $50bn.

His Optimus robot just like his previous projects will reap billions of dollars that will make today's acquisition seem like child's play. And he alluded to this himself recently.

Ofcourse most people here cannot see beyond their noses so they think this is all about their leader Donald J Trump. Elon is not in business for guaranteeing free speech, Twitter just so happens to be a means to an end for him.
Kutunban:

Elon actually bought human data, which is the future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2022
Free speech just got owned, very soon we shall to use Twitter and face book, just as we can't download YouTube videos again.
Now how is that free?
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Fearyourcreator: 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
Bignuell:
Bro hold on, do you know what is $200M or na naira sign you been wan put. If for say you call $500k or $1M, i for agree
Check NL here it's was priced billions 2013 Then
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by EjaikreTheViper(f): 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:

By the way,

ONLY CRIMINALS AND PEOPLE OF QUESTIONABLE CHARACTER WILL VOTE FOR A THIEF LIKE Tinubu

1 Like

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Heterodox(m): 10:07pm On Apr 25, 2022
Bimpe29:
What a resolute goal getter!

It's instructive not to stop struggling until success is attained.
Motivational speaker. Struggle your own first.
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by LORDKing001: 10:09pm On Apr 25, 2022
sogodihno:
Baba olowo. grin grin

Rituals can not give you this kind of money.

Say no to Rituals

Seun, I wan buy Nairaland, I am offering #20M, email me let's seal the deal.
Clown
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by SunMusk(m): 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nae dem no sell am
Fearyourcreator:

Check NL here it's was priced billions 2013 Then
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2022
If they make twitter a paid app, I'll pay for it... I learned more on Twitter than my 4 years in The University.
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
Chairman Twitter Inc. Elon odiemegwu emeka musk grin grin shocked
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Theophinio(m): 11:14pm On Apr 25, 2022
Elon Musk again

Great Guy
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by gambojimeta: 11:22pm On Apr 25, 2022
FactBoyz:
Great News! All these shadow banning by Twitter employees favouring Democrats and Liberal Lunatics is about to stop.

Since, Twitter banned the Babylon Bee, Elon took this personal.

Trump should be reinstated too.
Free Speech in our times is much needed.

Libs are having a meltdown grin grin grin

God bless Elon Musk, the first African American to own a major Social Media Company.

God bless Donald J Trump

God Bless Peter Obi.

Factboyz

BlackLaw:
Bring Donald back.

Make free speech free again!

Coldie:
Donald trump is coming back

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by 2elliot: 11:24pm On Apr 25, 2022
PoliteActivist:

You don't know what's on Musk's mind yet. Guy could be part of a HUGE agenda
Musk is the poster child of the beast; he will signs and wonders in the sight of the beast.
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by gambojimeta: 11:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
ChristineC:
thank God this guy is an advocate of real free speech

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by Burgerlomo: 11:58pm On Apr 25, 2022
Spactacle:

He should hurry up oo..

Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by press9jatv: 12:16am On Apr 26, 2022
Twitter is important for free speech and Elon Musk’s buying it is a win for this critical right.

Most billionaires buy yachts and farmland or whatever.
@elonmusk
puts his money toward helping humanity.

And it is greatly appreciated.

Excited for the positive changes.
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by olaniyilukman(m): 12:27am On Apr 26, 2022
Omo see money, dis people should come to Nigeria and invest, we're vibrant youth in this country...
Re: It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private by moneyissweet(m): 12:32am On Apr 26, 2022
You heard what Elon musk just achieved right, Now, what do you think that old Man you are begging people to vote for will offer humanity?

I pray that your sense will return back to you before 2023.

VoteTinubu2023:

By the way,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Remove Security Plugin Completely On Android Phone / This Is Wicked! Paid For Airtime, Was Debited And Yet Never Got The Airtime. / How To Transfer Data Bundle On Mtn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.