Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? (980 Views)

"If We Start Suspension For Anti-party, We Will Suspend Many People - Damagum / Adamu Garba 'Helped' Elon Musk To Acquire Twitter / Daniel Amokachi Converts His G-Wagon Into A Campaign Vehicle For APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by seunmsg(m): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nairaland is the biggest online forum in Africa. It’s one of the best product to have come out of Nigeria. However, I think it’s time for the forum to move to the next level to make it a global brand that can compete with other forums like Reddit and Quora.

Seun and his team have done a great job no doubt but to achieve a global status, there is a need for new ideas, fresh financial injection and new management.

Who else can bring all the above other than Elon Musk? If the owners of Twitter can sell it at the right price, I see no reason why seun should not sell.

So, fellow Nairalanders, should we start a campaign for Elon Musk to buy Nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by seunmsg(m): 9:10pm On Apr 25, 2022
No insult or tribal takes, pleas. Let’s keep the comments clean and healthy.
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by goatandyam: 9:12pm On Apr 25, 2022
U be mumu

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by Kyase(m): 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
seunmsg:
Nairaland is the biggest online forum in Africa. It’s one of the best product to have come out of Nigeria. However, I think it’s time for the forum to move to the next level to make it a global brand that can compete with other forums like Reddit and Quora.

Seun and his team have done a great job no doubt but to achieve a global status, there is a need for new ideas, fresh financial injection and new management.

Who else can bring all the above other than Elon Musk? If the owners of Twitter can sell it at the right price, I see no reason why seun should not sell.

So, fellow Nairalanders, should we start a campaign for Elon Musk to buy Nairaland?

Musk should rather buy Manchester United from those greedy glaziers
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by obiekunie01: 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
He should first help us buy Aso Rock first before we talk of Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by seunmsg(m): 9:17pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kyase:

Musk should rather buy Manchester United from those greedy glaziers

Let’s get serious here; Nigeria stand to benefit nothing from Manchester United other. If we get Elon Musk to buy Nairaland, millions of dollars will be invested and so many Nigerians will benefit.

1 Like

Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by Kyase(m): 9:24pm On Apr 25, 2022
seunmsg:

Let’s get serious here; Nigeria stand to benefit nothing from Manchester United other. If we get Elon Musk to buy Nairaland, millions of dollars will be invested and so many Nigerians will benefit.

What's the benefits of nairaland to me as it stands now....
I benefit alot from Manchester United, I'm yet to benefit a single thing from this forum....
So I don't see how Musk buying nairaland will benefit me.....
PS: What doesn't benefit me, I don't rate it.

So no tell me say e benefit you or any other person
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by silverlinen(m): 9:26pm On Apr 25, 2022
Damn... let's start it up ASAP
As far as we go dey influence for the forum.
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by Rilwayne001: 9:27pm On Apr 25, 2022
seunmsg:

Investors appraises investments before they invest their money in it. I’m sure Elon Musk didn’t buy Twitter for fun. He must have analyzed his ROI before buying it. The question then is, if he’s to buy Nairaland, what and how do you think he’d realized his return on investment?

1 Like

Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by Ttalk: 9:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kyase:

What's the benefits of nairaland to me as it stands now....
I benefit alot from Manchester United, I'm yet to benefit a single thing from this forum....
So I don't see how Musk buying nairaland will benefit me.....
PS: What doesn't benefit me, I don't rate it.

So no tell me say e benefit you or any other person

You are not benefitting from it yet you are always here. It's not every benefits that should be valued in monetary form

2 Likes

Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by Kyase(m): 9:51pm On Apr 25, 2022
Ttalk:

You are not benefitting from it yet you are always here. It's not every benefits that should be valued in monetary form

Who's talking about money here?
Name one benefit of nairaland that you can't get it elsewhere
I dey wait
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by VoteTinubu2023: 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2022
I think that is unnecessary. Nairaland has consistently remained the go-to website/forum of most Nigerians for daily updates on national news. It has also maintained its objective as a social forum for bringing strangers together to become friends. I have personally lost count on numbers of married couples who met here.

I think people who think Nairaland has underperformed are uninformed. If there can be a head count on the demographic composition of the readers/users of this website, majority of the users will be in their late 20's and 30's. These are people who joined the site as a teenager when internet usage was not as widespread as it is now.

Nairaland been a text-only forum will gradually decline irrespective of the administrative changes that happen. This is because majority of teenagers and young adults now have a short attention span and will rather look at pictures or watch videos to get whatever they need. There is nothing Seun can do really unless he totally changes the objective and trajectory of the forum which will of course likely backfire.

Finally, been a Nigerian owned forum, Nairaland can't really compete globally because of the country's economic and political status. The first 10 most visited websites/app are US owned apart from Tiktok (which is owned by a Chinese).

By the way : Remember to Vote Tinubu 2023.

God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by seunmsg(m): 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2022
Rilwayne001:

Investors appraises investments before they invest their money in it. I’m sure Elon Musk didn’t buy Twitter for fun. He must have analyzed his ROI before buying it. The question then is, if he’s to buy Nairaland, what and how do you think he’d realized his return on investment?

Nairaland has a huge potential that is untapped. The forum is currently Nigeriacentric and this can be changed to the entire Africa continent. Sections can even be created for each African country.

With Elon Musk coming on board, the publicity will be huge. Nairaland will become the go to site for any western company that needs information about Africa or want to market their products to the continent. It can also be a springboard for African companies to tap into new markets across the continent. The potential is huge the kind of money, ideas and publicity that an Elon Musk can bring on board.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by LegendHero(m): 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2022
seunmsg:

Nairaland has a huge potential that is untapped. The forum is currently Nigeriacentric and this can be changed to the entire Africa continent. Sections can even be created for each African country.

With Elon Musk coming on board, the publicity will be huge. Nairaland will become the go to site for any western company that needs information about Africa or want to market their products to the continent. It can also be a springboard for African companies to tap into new markets across the continent. The potential is huge the kind of money, ideas and publicity that an Elon Musk can bring on board.

I think I kinda agreed with you.

Nairaland got lot of potential if they are serious on expansion. Seun himself can leverage on Nairaland current status to push it to other African countries but I think they are not ambitious enough.

However, I don’t think Elon musk will be interested in Nairaland. It doesn’t serve his purpose so to him it will be a bad investment except maybe he’s trying to do that for other motives.
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by Beremx(f): 10:25pm On Apr 25, 2022
Elon Musk has nothing to benefit from buying nairaland. Why not advocate for Nigerian billionaires to buy the forum?
Twitter is in the stock market while Nairaland isn’t.
Seun isn’t ready to sell NL

1 Like

Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by seunmsg(m): 10:39pm On Apr 25, 2022
LegendHero:

Nairaland got lot of potential if they are serious on expansion. Seun himself can leverage on Nairaland current status to push it to other African countries but I think they are not ambitious enough.

However, I don’t think Elon musk will be interested in Nairaland. It doesn’t serve his purpose so to him it will be a bad investment except maybe he’s trying to do that for other motives.

When it comes to expansion, Seun is extremely unambitious. He’s only interested in collecting 30k for advert and spending the money quietly somewhere in Sango Otta grin

3 Likes

Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by LegendHero(m): 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
seunmsg:

When it comes to expansion, Seun is extremely unambitious. He’s only interested in collecting 30k for advert and spending the money quietly somewhere in Sango Otta grin

Lol.

Baba no like wahala. He just want to live his life jejely.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by Aufbauh(m): 10:47pm On Apr 25, 2022
So if we start the campaign and Elon Musk finally buy it. What's going to be our share?

As for me I'm enjoying the Nairaland local or indigenous content.
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by slivertongue: 12:08am On Apr 26, 2022
Kyase:

Who's talking about money here?
Name one benefit of nairaland that you can't get it elsewhere
I dey wait

Well for me it's my time &data. We member keep this forum without the members it's neat dead
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by slivertongue: 12:13am On Apr 26, 2022
NL it's up to the founder but NL ain't in the class of Twitter. I don't see the benefits of NL to Mr musk even in Naija Twitter is more preferred
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by Kyase(m): 12:18am On Apr 26, 2022
slivertongue:

Well for me it's my time &data. We member keep this forum without the members it's neat dead

It's the members that making nairaland interested, not the other way round
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 26, 2022
seunmsg:

Sounds like you're jealous of Seun. His forum and his decision how it is run. If Seun is happy with Nairaland as it then I think others , who insist on being unhappy on his behalf, should set up rival blogs and implement the changes they claim Seun is ignoring.
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 26, 2022
LegendHero:

Lol.

Baba no like wahala. He just want to live his life jejely.

Seun is smarter than people give him credit for. America automatically bestows popular culture on the world without trying.

That ability will always make twitter, Facebook etal instant successes.

Don't be surprised Seun has done feasibility studies to realize that patronage may be low if he tries to pitch his Nairaland blog beyond Nigeria.

The name Nairaland evokes Naija swag. I think Seun likes that and, frankly, some of us do too.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by LegendHero(m): 12:34am On Apr 26, 2022
candidtalk:

Seun is smarter than people give him credit for. America automatically bestows popular culture on the world without trying.

That ability will always make twitter, Facebook etal instant successes.

Don't be surprised Seun has done feasibility studies to realize that patronage may be low if he tries to pitch his Nairaland blog beyond Nigeria.

The name Nairaland evokes Naija swag. I think Seun likes that and, frankly, some of us do too.

I agree with you on the possibility that he could have done feasibility on it to decide a no-go decision.

However, I still think there could be more he could have done to advance Nairaland beyond this present level to the next one. Only he understood why he did not.

There is actually one advantage of Nairaland that no other site I know have, and that is the simplicity of this website. It holds so much information yet it is so simple, load fast, and easy to navigate. That in itself is a very big advantage which is why I am not a fan of those saying he should change the interface completely.

1 Like

Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by laiperi: 12:56am On Apr 26, 2022
This reminds me of Schwab, a financial company that was doing so well moneybags finally bought it.

Charles Schwab not only lost his company, he lost ownership and power to direct a successful company he founded

When he could not stand the loss any longer, he bought his company back but at a much higher price, of course.

When the Japanese bought Empire State Building for prestige, they sold it back at a loss.

The point here is, money is a big deal to a novice that has never seen value before. Many Nigerians want to buy Nairaland with awoof money from oil, drugs, rituals, 419 etc.

What is Seun going to do with the money better than what he has now?
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:16am On Apr 26, 2022
If he buys Nairaland, BMC îmbeciles and Tinubu urchins will be the first people he'll kick out so they won't further destroy the integrity of his new site the way they have destroyed it presently cool
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by 1871on: 4:23am On Apr 26, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

[/s]
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by Ofodirinwa: 4:25am On Apr 26, 2022
This tsetse fly brain that sits in the Nigeria skull
Everything thats trending on social media the next thing you'll see is one kin madu asking for it to happen in Nigeria. Good or bad it doesn't matter. This is a mental illness.
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by Ofodirinwa: 4:26am On Apr 26, 2022
seunmsg:

How will they benefit?
Re: Should We Start A Campaign For Elon Musk To Buy Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 26, 2022
LegendHero:

I agree with you on the possibility that he could have done feasibility on it to decide a no-go decision.

However, I still think there could be more he could have done to advance Nairaland beyond this present level to the next one. Only he understood why he did not.

There is actually one advantage of Nairaland that no other site I know have, and that is the simplicity of this website. It holds so much information yet it is so simple, load fast, and easy to navigate. That in itself is a very big advantage which is why I am not a fan of those saying he should change the interface completely.

You're spot on here. The fast loading interface is one of Nairaland's appeal. Many useful sections too. Strong database of contribution that has actually made Nairaland somewhat a Nigerian Google.

I have googled specific info about Nigeria, Lagos, Ogun and SW State etal to then be referred to NL where I invariably always get the answer I want.

Seun has created something great no doubt. By the way, seems you have a stalker/admirer or hater. Lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

370 Statutory Delegates Must Sign Your Forms, APC Tells Osinbajo, Amaechi, Othe / Abaribe Decamps From PDP, Peter Obi Decamps From PDP / Tinubu Old Age Plus Sickness And Other Matters Arising.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.