Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers (3668 Views)

Car Dealers Besiege Customs Office With Vehicle Documents / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by Jackofalltrade: 9:45pm On Apr 25, 2022
As we all heard and confirmed the Nigerians land borders had been opened officially.This is a big challenge to car dealers,that already got stocked up cars in there yards.

A vehicle that used to be 1.8m in 2019 is now selling at 3m in 2022,those business mogul shipped in many cars already through the seaports despite very high USD conversion rate now FG decides to re-open border. Surely it's not a good news to them.

The most annoying part of the hike in car prices are the second hand car seller.Imagine buying a direct tokunbo car in 2019 at 1.8m and after being used for almost 4 years they will put it up for sale at 2.2m! That's unfair!

The borders re-opening posses lot of threat to their market and this is because thousands of vehicle will come into the country through idiroko and other borders. The prices of vehicle from this borders are always 20-40% cheaper than vehicles from our seaports.

Well,goodnews to buyers since the market is opened and prices will become highly competitive.

My advice:if you are about buying a car this week kindly hold on till May ending and see the drastic drop in car sales prices.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by Kingsasian(m): 9:46pm On Apr 25, 2022
Wow
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by fineboynl(m): 9:48pm On Apr 25, 2022
There are so many people who can't buy a car without custom papers. So chill.

1 Like

Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by jendoslim(m): 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2022
What an invaluable information

I am patiently waiting till May ending-early June before purchasing.

Dealers actually took undue advantage of the border closure to hype the prices of cars

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by Baawaa(m): 10:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
A vehicle that used to be 1.8m in 2019 is now selling at 3m in 2022,those business mogul shipped in many cars already through the seaports despite very high USD conversion rate now FG decides to re-open border. Surely it's not a good news to them
That is their problem

2 Likes

Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by Timagex(m): 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2022
I wonder who makes economic policies in Nigeria...
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by vivalavida(m): 10:33pm On Apr 25, 2022
Borders are not being opened for cars. It is for other goods. Only a smuggler will attempt using land borders to bring in cars into naija today.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by melviniyke2002(m): 11:26pm On Apr 25, 2022
vivalavida:
Borders are not being opened for cars. It is for other goods. Only a smuggler will attempt using land borders to bring in cars into naija today.
he is not well informed

9 Likes

Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by Jackofalltrade: 10:36am On Apr 26, 2022
vivalavida:

You are sounding as if you were not in Nigeria before 2019

2 Likes

Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by valarinz: 11:03am On Apr 26, 2022
vivalavida:

No need wasting your resources on him, let him gloat. When people can't afford a car, they blame the dealers, lol.

Just show him road to idiroko and move on, don't give free education to these ones pls

1 Like

Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by yimikaa: 11:24am On Apr 26, 2022
Jackofalltrade:

Boarders were closed for cars since 2016
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by vivalavida(m): 11:33am On Apr 26, 2022
Jackofalltrade:

You need to read up and educate yourself bro.

The times have passed you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by Highhhio(m): 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2022
There must be a change of price as a result of opening borders, from now till end of the year price of the car will drop drastically and foods especially.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by oliverjiad(m): 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2022
grin
melviniyke2002:
he is not well informed

1 Like

Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by Mimiwems2(f): 1:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
Am a dealer working under someone, my Challenge is getting buyers. Pls how can i source for serious buyers. Whenever i post cars at low price, i rease messages but serious buyers dont buy.
Am a nursing Mom try to survive. I will appreciate your suggestions and assistance.
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by Grupo(m): 6:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
jendoslim:
What an invaluable information

I am patiently waiting till May ending-early June before purchasing.

Dealers actually took undue advantage of the border closure to hype the prices of cars

Hope you know that any car that comes in through that Idiroko border will not have genuine custom papers?
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by Itsrm(m): 6:54pm On Apr 28, 2022
Mimiwems2:
Am a dealer working under someone, my Challenge is getting buyers. Pls how can i source for serious buyers. Whenever i post cars at low price, i rease messages but serious buyers dont buy.
Am a nursing Mom try to survive. I will appreciate your suggestions and assistance.

I went through your profile to get an insight. Where are you posting the cars?

I am not an expert in this but I know there's a general rule to selling almost anything, networking.

Improve your network, go to church, mingle with people and tell them what you do. Help people source for cars even if you don't have them.

All the best

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by oliverjiad(m): 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2022
Grupo:

Hope you know that any car that comes in through that Idiroko border will not have genuine custom papers?
simple
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by diportivo: 8:37pm On Apr 28, 2022
Jackofalltrade:
As we all heard and confirmed the Nigerians land borders had been opened officially.This is a big challenge to car dealers,that already got stocked up cars in there yards.

A vehicle that used to be 1.8m in 2019 is now selling at 3m in 2022,those business mogul shipped in many cars already through the seaports despite very high USD conversion rate now FG decides to re-open border. Surely it's not a good news to them.

The most annoying part of the hike in car prices are the second hand car seller.Imagine buying a direct tokunbo car in 2019 at 1.8m and after being used for almost 4 years they will put it up for sale at 2.2m! That's unfair!

The borders re-opening posses lot of threat to their market and this is because thousands of vehicle will come into the country through idiroko and other borders. The prices of vehicle from this borders are always 20-40% cheaper than vehicles from our seaports.

Well,goodnews to buyers since the market is opened and prices will become highly competitive.

My advice:if you are about buying a car this week kindly hold on till May ending and see the drastic drop in car sales prices.

you wrote all of these,only to say absolutely nothing

tragic!!

4 Likes

Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by baconline(m): 9:19pm On Apr 28, 2022
Smugglers have being bringing in cars whether border is open or closed, the border being open does not affect cars , U CANT BRING IN CARS THRU ANY LAND BORDER, so technically nothing has changed , don't fear if u are a dealer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by oliverjiad(m): 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2022
grin
baconline:
Smugglers have being bringing in cars whether border is open or closed, the border being open does not affect cars , U CANT BRING IN CARS THRU ANY LAND BORDER, so technically nothing has changed , don't fear if u are a dealer
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by valarinz: 5:52am On Apr 29, 2022
baconline:

Assuming the info was even remotely accurate, what's there to fear, what's there to feel threatened about?

Did they hold any dealer back from going to the cotonou to buy the "cheap" cars too?

Just let them console themselves up there, only thing I see here are people who can't afford the cars they dream of, and they transfer the aggression to the car sellers grin grin
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by TheOldGods: 9:19am On Apr 29, 2022
So guy, all these, should I wait before I buy my next car or I should just go ahead and buy it now. Some people are saying there is no border opening of cars etc. ?
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by Mimiwems2(f): 11:41am On Apr 29, 2022
Itsrm:

I am not an expert in this but I know there's a general rule to selling almost anything, networking.

Improve your network, go to church, mingle with people and tell them what you do. Help people source for cars even if you don't have them.

All the best
t
I post on facebook. Jiji also but i cant meet up
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by Mimiwems2(f): 11:43am On Apr 29, 2022
Itsrm:

All the best
Thanks so much. There is currently a Toyota car going for less than 8m
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by Loonyy(m): 1:26pm On Apr 29, 2022
Mimiwems2:

Thanks so much. There is currently a Toyota car going for less than 8m

I need Honda Civic 2010
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by ately1(m): 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2022
Loonyy:

I need Honda Civic 2010

Call/ WhatsApp 09039130544

All kind of cars available
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by ately1(m): 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2022
TheOldGods:
So guy, all these, should I wait before I buy my next car or I should just go ahead and buy it now. Some people are saying there is no border opening of cars etc. ?

I buy Nigeria and Cotonou cars..

Feel free. 09039130544
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by murshid09(m): 5:13pm On May 02, 2022
Mimiwems2:

Do u ve civic or city 08077329690
My whatsapp. Pls do not make too much expensive
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by Mimiwems2(f): 10:34pm On May 02, 2022
murshid09:

Do u ve civic or city 08077329690
My whatsapp. Pls do not make too much expensive
I will call during the day.
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by rexlims(m): 6:07am On May 03, 2022
Mimiwems2:
good morning. Am looking for a 2003 tokunbor sienna.
Reach me on whatsapp 07039612049
Re: Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers by Kaymax2222: 10:45am On May 08, 2022
Loonyy:

I need Honda Civic 2010
do you still need this?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja To Delta By Road - Advice Please / My New Project - Kurupe / 1996 VW Vento Or 1996 Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.