Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Scam Alert - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scam Alert (762 Views)

Scam Alert! Adam Tijani With The Phone Number, 07011435598, Is A Notorious Thief / Scam Alert!!! Warning Against Doing Business With Jocarol Nig Ltd. / SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert by SoNature(m): 4:42am On Apr 26, 2022
Good morning, Nairalanders.

I hope you all slept well.

This is a warning to all who may want to transact with a Nairaland moniker, Dukeboss, with email account name Duke Charles. His email address is niceoga@yahoo.com.

On 14th April, I transferred PayPal $200 to him, hoping that he was going to pay me in naira. Ever since, he has gone incommunicado. I wanted to ignore this, but I couldn't get myself to do that because anyone could be his next victim. Please be warned.

Please avoid the guy because he's a scammer.

He has several WhatsApp numbers. The one I transacted with was +234 904 479 3997. The number is not reachable now.

Funnily enough, after scamming me, he sent a stupid screenshot as proof of payment. Don't say you weren't warned. The annoying thing is that this guy used about 7 days to convince me to trust him. In the end, he still scammed me. Nigerians are really mean people.

I know he probably has several monikers on Nairaland, I call on Seun, Lala and Mynd44 to get rid of that moniker because he's out to wreck people's life.

Please beware so you don't lose your hard-earned money to some idiot.

PayPal proof of transfer is still on my inbox.

Thank you for reading.

1 Share

Re: Scam Alert by pillager: 4:56am On Apr 26, 2022
sad
Re: Scam Alert by Double0h7(f): 5:01am On Apr 26, 2022
You people just want to lose your money... how could you send a total stranger $200 and think that you would see your money again

Even PayPal warned you that the account isn't verified but you went ahead anyway. Stop being so easy to scam.
Re: Scam Alert by SoNature(m): 5:03am On Apr 26, 2022
Double0h7:
You people just want to lose your money... how could you send a total stranger $200 and think that you would see your money again

Even PayPal warned you that the account isn't verified but you went ahead anyway. Stop being so easy to scam.

I am a freelancer. I don't use PayPal; I use Payoneer. I had to get someone to quickly create that PayPal account because a new client insisted on paying through PayPal.
I have learned the hard way though. cry
Re: Scam Alert by Double0h7(f): 5:08am On Apr 26, 2022
SoNature:

I am a freelancer. I don't use PayPal; I use Payoneer. I had to get someone to quickly create that PayPal account because a new client insisted on paying through PayPal.

People get scammed when they try to do things that can't be done. If you can't create and use PayPal then you should have walked away from the job but greed kicked in and it's through greed that scammers thrive. I'm really sorry for your predicament and I'm not trying to make you feel bad but I'm vex for you grin
Re: Scam Alert by SoNature(m): 5:17am On Apr 26, 2022
Double0h7:

People get scammed when they try to do things that can't be done. If you can't create and use PayPal then you should have walked away from the job but greed kicked in and it's through greed that scammers thrive. I'm really sorry for your predicament and I'm not trying to make you feel bad but I'm vex for you grin

You call legitimately working for a client who insisted on paying through PayPal greed? Okay, I think you have made your point. Thank you.
Re: Scam Alert by HopeNeverDies: 5:19am On Apr 26, 2022
Damnnnnn!!!!! That dude is a bastard.
U sef fck up! 200dolls reach atleast 70k mehn
Re: Scam Alert by dominique(f): 6:21am On Apr 26, 2022
If the PayPal funds is GNS and it's not up to 14 days, you can open a dispute form on the transaction. Hopefully, PayPal will reverse the funds back to you.

All the days he was using to convince you to send the money should have been used to do your own investigations on. The Nairaland search engine has been extremely useful in preventing scams. Run a search on the username dukeboss and see what it will bring out. He has started removing his phone numbers from his posts meaning he's done with this account and has started using new accounts.

There are a lot of legit exchangers on the currency exchange thread. What you should have done is to take your time, go through their posts and interactions on the forum, run searches on their usernames and phone numbers and most importantly, make enquiries on the thread. If your mind says don't transact with this person then DON'T!
Re: Scam Alert by dominique(f): 6:24am On Apr 26, 2022
His other numbers, more to come

Re: Scam Alert by SoNature(m): 10:57am On Apr 26, 2022
dominique:
If the PayPal funds is GNS and it's not up to 14 days, you can open a dispute form on the transaction. Hopefully, PayPal will reverse the funds back to you.

All the days he was using to convince you to send the money should have been used to do your own investigations on. The Nairaland search engine has been extremely useful in preventing scams. Run a search on the username dukeboss and see what it will bring out. He has started removing his phone numbers from his posts meaning he's done with this account and has started using new accounts.

There are a lot of legit exchangers on the currency exchange thread. What you should have done is to take your time, go through their posts and interactions on the forum, run searches on their usernames and phone numbers and most importantly, make enquiries on the thread. If your mind says don't transact with this person then DON'T!

Thank you for this information.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Sure, it was a GNS account and the guy even taught me how to generate a dispute and still resolve it the same day. This way, I cannot ask PayPal to return my funds.

I trusted him so easily thinking he was sincere because he persuaded me for days.

When you see him trying to say good things to convince me, you would think that a sincere person was talking, not knowing he's another scammer. These guys just make dealing with Nigerians so difficult.

Once again, thanks for the information.

I have learnt the hard way. cry
Re: Scam Alert by dominique(f): 12:01pm On Apr 26, 2022
SoNature:

Thank you for this information.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Sure, it was a GNS account and the guy even taught me how to generate a dispute and still resolve it the same day. This way, I cannot ask PayPal to return my funds.

I trusted him so easily thinking he was sincere because he persuaded me for days.

When you see him trying to say good things to convince me, you would think that a sincere person was talking, not knowing he's another scammer. These guys just make dealing with Nigerians so difficult.

Once again, thanks for the information.

I have learnt the hard way. cry

Don't give up yet, you can still report the transaction to paypal and have your funds returned to you. Scammers have been known to have sugar coated tongues (or fingers in this case), don't ever let them get to you. I would have suggested escrow but I learnt scammers are using that avenue to scam unsuspecting victims. Right now, your best option is to take your time and go through the currency exchange thread and seek out reputable traders that have had history of successful trades. Please don't ever give up on your money till you've reported to PayPal.
Re: Scam Alert by SaintUlot: 4:32pm On Apr 26, 2022
Double0h7:

No be today people dey transact online, the guy was just unlucky to transact with a scammer.
Re: Scam Alert by SaintUlot: 4:33pm On Apr 26, 2022
Double0h7:

Look @ how you are reasoning
Re: Scam Alert by Catalyst4real: 4:57pm On Apr 26, 2022
Sorry about your loss.
But despite all the paypal to naira adverts I do give on my thread daily, you went to trade with someone of questionable disposition. He must have used crazy high rate to lure you.
Someone called that same guy out last month. you didn't do your homework sir.

Please when in doubt, always use escrow
Re: Scam Alert by Mamayam: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2022
SoNature:

How far. Sorry about this.
Did paypal allow you to receive 200$ on new account without identity verification?
Please which country paypal is this?
Re: Scam Alert by Mamayam: 7:03am On Dec 23, 2022
Mamayam:

How far. Sorry about this.
Did paypal allow you to receive 200$ on new account without identity verification?
Please which country paypal is this?
Cc sonature1
Re: Scam Alert by SoNature(m): 5:33am On Apr 22, 2023
JordanBarnes:
Unfortunately, this fraud scheme is quite common. You need to be as attentive and careful as possible. And do not pay unclear bills. I'm grateful to Assistance-Refund, which helped me get my money back from the scammers.

How does the fund recovery process work?
Re: Scam Alert by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:51am On Apr 22, 2023
SoNature:

How does the fund recovery process work?
Have you heard about recovery scammers? They claim to help you but, will start requesting for fees or money to buy tools, some go as far as giving suspicious links.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Take Your Offline Business To The Internet For Maximum Profit / Business Challenges / Access Bank Offer Extended By 2 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.