Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May (602 Views)

Putin: Russia Will Respond if NATO Deploys Weapons In Finland And Sweden / Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership / Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May by Benny6944: 7:31am On Apr 26, 2022
Finland and Sweden are gearing up to announce at the same time in May that they want to join Nato, Finnish and Swedish tabloids have reported.

Both countries are militarily non-aligned but Russia's invasion of Ukraine has prompted increasing public support for joining the Western defensive alliance.

Finnish newspaper Iltalehti says it believes the leaders of Finland and Sweden plan to meet in the week of 16 May and then announce that they will apply to join Nato.

Finnish Foreign Minister Pekka Haavisto declined to comment. The Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet, citing unnamed sources, also said it believed the two countries would make announcements that week, at the same time as each other.

Russia has warned of a nuclear build-up in the Baltic should Finland and Sweden join Nato.

Source: https://www.bolnews.com/international/2022/04/finland-and-sweden-will-announce-nato-membership-bids-in-may/
Re: Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May by Elvictor: 7:40am On Apr 26, 2022
grin grin

Two foolish countries, them go use only water go Europe, Russia will block land corridor to Europe, them go know how far grin grin, hope US will provide land for them to go Europe, everything will be towards the sea, even their plane no go even pass through Russia, everything from there will be consider targets grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May by Elvictor: 7:41am On Apr 26, 2022
Land corridor to Asia gone, Land corridor to Europe gone, I wonder which juju US dey use on these women leading these countries grin grin

1 Like

Re: Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May by Nbotee(m): 7:53am On Apr 26, 2022
Elvictor:
Land corridor to Asia gone, Land corridor to Europe gone, I wonder which juju US dey use on these women leading these countries grin grin
Elvictor:
grin grin

Two foolish countries, them go use only water go Europe, Russia will block land corridor to Europe, them go know how far grin grin, hope US will provide land for them to go Europe, everything will be towards the sea, even their plane no go even pass through Russia, everything from there will be consider targets grin grin

How some of U seem to know better than the countries fighting for their Sovereignty and existence is both baffling and laughable. U think they have not considered all options? The invasion of Ukraine has shown how neutrality works against them. Need I remind U Germany is also led by a Woman. U statement "women leading these nations" is sexist and ignorant. U country led by a man is no better than those countries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May by godliman: 8:19am On Apr 26, 2022
Elvictor:
It is not juju it is Putin's stupidity and madness that is causing this. Putin is a bad student of history. The demon of Hiltler just entered him. He wants to start ww3 and no one is helping him achieve that. If he is afraid of NATO expansion let him court the friendship of his neighbors and not coerce them.
Re: Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May by Elvictor: 8:22am On Apr 26, 2022
Nbotee:

How some of U seem to know better than the countries fighting for their Sovereignty and existence is both baffling and laughable. U think they have not considered all options? The invasion of Ukraine has shown how neutrality works against them. Need I remind U Germany is also led by a Woman. U statement "women leading these nations" is sexist and ignorant. U country led by a man is no better than those countries.

Just the way Ukraine considered their options, and now it is economically ruined grin grin, you people are not smart, isn't about neutrality, being at peace with your neighbor and not giving him excuse to attack you, instead doing notice me.

You won't understand all these implications, no wonder Nigeria will be perpetually economically ruined, the safest and easiest transportation is by land, Sweden and Finland have automatically ruined that, Russia won't invade these two countries, rather, they will make sur it hurts them economically ask Cuba, any plane coming from Sweden and Finland, be it civilian or military will be a legitimate target, well, Finland and Sweden, will manage one port in Sweden, well, they are brothers, hope they won't kill themselves before Russia even fire one bullet.

I think these days, Europe have start having Africa kinds of leaders, that only see threat rather than pragmatic gains.
Re: Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May by Elvictor: 8:26am On Apr 26, 2022
godliman:

It is not juju it is Putin's stupidity and madness that is causing this. Putin is a bad student of history. The demon of Hiltler just entered him. He wants to start ww3 and no one is helping him achieve that. If he is afraid of NATO expansion let him court the friendship of his neighbors and not coerce them.

Court who? Someone that always come on air even before the invasion to challenge you, killing your brother, I will come to your family house, and kill your sisters and brothers, hope you will make me your good friend, rather than fight me grin grin
Re: Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May by Rastaramsey(m): 8:37am On Apr 26, 2022
Thats what's up mah niggarr....
Putin is a puppet grin grin grin grin grin

Russia can't attack everyone nah...

Niggars are doing everything to their power to spite Putin angry angry

Mother Russia will fall very soon grin

Putin dogs on nairaland will wail angry

1 Like

Re: Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May by muhammaduyusufu: 8:57am On Apr 26, 2022
Nice one.
Re: Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May by Svlla: 3:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
I've said this here several times

Finland will not join NATO
Ignore all this noise
Re: Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May by pol23: 3:28pm On Apr 26, 2022
To a very large extent none of these 2 countries will join NATO.But if they do,It will be the beginning of WW3 and we will all feel the heat.
I support Russia,But truth is US isn’t wrong either…
If you say US is foolish,Russia is equally foolish.
But the mother of stupidity is Ukraine.
When I read of Russia offenses on Ukraine,I will smile and then remember myself that those people killed are someone’s family too,Then I will remember my family member and pray quietly that war ends.
Sadly,the westerners don’t care about Ukrainian,they keep giving them arms till Ukraine go into oblivion…
The same thing the CIA is doing along black Americans,arm them so they could kill themselves …. But zelensky can’t read between the line…
Europe will suffer after this war.
Re: Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May by VictorUSA(m): 3:29pm On Apr 26, 2022
They will join NATO and nothing can putin do about that.
Re: Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May by orisa37: 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
That's better.
Re: Finland And Sweden Will Announce Nato Membership Bids In May by Akuruoulo(m): 6:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
Elvictor:
grin grin

U never finish crying for Ukraine, now u wan to cry for Sweden and Finland too.
RUSSIA in problem

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Kyiv Absurd Data On Ukraine And Russia's Millitary Loss So Far / Saudi Arabia Has Been Dumping Its US Bonds Holding / Nigerians React As China’s Former Minister Of Justice Is Sentenced To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.