Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

How Do I Get Rid Of Caterpillars Feeding Off My Corn? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Do I Get Rid Of Caterpillars Feeding Off My Corn? (1360 Views)

How I Secured My Corn Farm From Helinues & Co (graphic Pics) / Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination / I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Rid Of Caterpillars Feeding Off My Corn? by Moneyboyz: 9:18am On Apr 26, 2022
I have a small farm at the back of my house but it's infested by caterpillars, I'm not a farmer so I have no experience on how to fight these pests.

Please I need suggestions on what to do.
I've been picking them off manually but it's a lot of work, the most annoying thing is that in just 2 days you find another one or more caterpillars on same plant you picked days ago.

I need a total remedy before these things finish my plants.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Caterpillars Feeding Off My Corn? by Jonnic1(m): 11:59am On Apr 26, 2022
use Caterpillar force to get rid of them. You can get it from any agric chemical shop around you. Alternatively you can try Ariel detergent with baking soda. Add water and spray inside the maize plant.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Caterpillars Feeding Off My Corn? by shariff84: 7:54pm On Apr 26, 2022
Buy caterpillar powder,dillute it with water and spray the maize with it either early morning or in the evening time.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Caterpillars Feeding Off My Corn? by Moneyboyz: 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2022
shariff84:
Buy caterpillar powder,dillute it with water and spray the maize with it either early morning or in the evening time.

Thank you, will find it tomorrow.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Caterpillars Feeding Off My Corn? by dragon2(m): 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
Any pesticide with emamectin benzoate e.g caterpillar force. If you have a bit more cash alternate it with ampligo every 2weeks until eradicated. Spray early morning/ evening when they are active.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Caterpillars Feeding Off My Corn? by Moneyboyz: 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2022
dragon2:
Any pesticide with emamectin benzoate e.g caterpillar force. If you have a bit more cash alternate it with ampligo every 2weeks until eradicated. Spray early morning/ evening when they are active.

Will take note of that, hopefully I find it around here tomorrow.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Caterpillars Feeding Off My Corn? by splashbaby(m): 8:14am On May 02, 2022
Moneyboyz:
I have a small farm at the back of my house but it's infested by caterpillars, I'm not a farmer so I have no experience on how to fight these pests.

Please I need suggestions on what to do.
I've been picking them off manually but it's a lot of work, the most annoying thing is that in just 2 days you find another one or more caterpillars on same plant you picked days ago.

I need a total remedy before these things finish my plants.
Check out the YouTube channel below, it will be of help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK6IFS57AyA
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Caterpillars Feeding Off My Corn? by Moneyboyz: 8:50am On May 02, 2022
splashbaby:
Check out the YouTube channel below, it will be of help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK6IFS57AyA

I bought one from a store and it killed all my corn, so sad right now, had to replant.

Will put this method into use when next it happens.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Caterpillars Feeding Off My Corn? by Seun(m): 5:57am On Aug 21, 2022
Moneyboyz:

I bought one from a store and it killed all my corn, so sad right now, had to replant.

Will put this method into use when next it happens.
Thank you
You may not have diluted the caterpillar force in the right ratio. You may have applied too much.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Caterpillars Feeding Off My Corn? by KingOfTheDamned: 7:56pm On Aug 21, 2022
Seun:
You may not have diluted the caterpillar force in the right ratio. You may have applied too much.

quote author=Moh247 post=115923719]

Projecting negative energy again....

Lagos has been Center of Yoruba excellence since the Portuguese came long before British

We have maintained lagos perfectly fine even when southeast is a shiit hole

.[/quote].
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Caterpillars Feeding Off My Corn? by Moh247: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

quote author=Moh247 post=115923719]

Projecting negative energy again....

Lagos has been Center of Yoruba excellence since the Portuguese came long before British

We have maintained lagos perfectly fine even when southeast is a shiit hole

Seun's parents succeeded as pharmacist and still got a school that wins maths champ back to back

Seun himself went ahead to create one of the most visited website in Africa

Then look at you... Take a good look at yourself soul deep... Are you on the right path, are you channelling your energy rightly
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Caterpillars Feeding Off My Corn? by KingOfTheDamned: 8:26pm On Aug 21, 2022
Moh247:

Seun's parents succeeded as pharmacist and still got a school that wins maths champ back to back

Seun himself went ahead to create one of the most visited website in Africa

Then look at you... Take a good look at yourself soul deep... Are you on the right path, are you channelling your energy rightly
Are you done? Fear makes one try to patronise so I understand grin

(1) (Reply)

Chickpeas Needed / Pkn And Pks Is Available / What Is The Price Of A Carton Of Glyspring Herbicide In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.