Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination (701 Views)

How I Secured My Corn Farm From Helinues & Co (graphic Pics) / How Do I Get Rid Of Caterpillars Feeding Off My Corn? / I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Darfemi(m): 7:46am On Mar 24, 2023
Please I need idea or suggestions on how to prevent rodent, animals from eating up my corn before and early germination.
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by incandescentena: 7:51am On Mar 24, 2023
Treatment first.

I think You should have started them in much smaller containers and, within about 2 weeks of germination, transplant them to the ground outdoors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Wodu89: 7:53am On Mar 24, 2023
Darfemi:
Please I need idea or suggestions on how to prevent rodent, animals from eating up my corn before and early germination.

Why are you planting seeds without treating it ?
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Oyetboy(m): 9:12am On Mar 24, 2023
Think you should contact miponthegreathunter on ig...he knows how to really capture them grin

1 Like

Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Waffarianman(m): 11:38am On Mar 24, 2023
Mix DD power and sharpshooter with water and spray the farm and thank later
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Aquadude16: 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2023
Waffarianman:
What proportion sir
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Waffarianman(m): 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2023
Aquadude16:

What proportion sir

Use 1 and half cap cover each.
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Hatesin: 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2023
Waffarianman:

My own problem is baboons. Is there anything that can keep them away from maize farms?
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Waffarianman(m): 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2023
Hatesin:

My own problem is baboons. Is there anything that can keep them away from maize farms?

You mean baboons monkey apes.
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Waffarianman(m): 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2023
Hatesin:

DD power can still do the magic for you but it will kill them because that DD power is too toxic... Mix and spray also
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Hatesin: 4:22pm On Mar 24, 2023
Waffarianman:

DD power can still do the magic for you but it will kill them because that DD power is too toxic... Mix and spray also

But you know in the case of baboons, they only start eating the maize few weeks before they are due for harvest.
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Waffarianman(m): 4:28pm On Mar 24, 2023
Hatesin:

But you know in the case of baboons, they only start eating the maize few weeks before they are due for harvest.

I thought you just planted newly
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Waffarianman(m): 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2023
Hatesin:

That means you need to set some trap
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Musty112: 5:55pm On Mar 24, 2023
Darfemi:

Find empty bottles of these soft drinks as many as u need, cut the bottom and place it above the plant. Press it a bit to make it firm. Remove after it germinates. This works everytime
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Darfemi(m): 6:53am On Mar 25, 2023
Oyetboy:
Think you should contact miponthegreathunter on ig...he knows how to really capture them grin

Where is the contact please.
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Darfemi(m): 6:59am On Mar 25, 2023
Waffarianman:

Or is it advisable to mix it with the corn before planting it?
I have tried to mix rat poison before planting and even spread some rat poisoned corn in the farm, they ate and nothing happened to them.
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Waffarianman(m): 7:10am On Mar 25, 2023
Darfemi:

Or is it advisable to mix it with the corn before planting it?
I have tried to mix rat poison before planting and even spread some rat poisoned corn in the farm, they ate and nothing happened to them.

After planting the corn 🌽 you can mix and spray the farm except you want to mix with other corns and drop in farm
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Darfemi(m): 8:25am On Mar 25, 2023
Waffarianman:

After planting the corn 🌽 you can mix and spray the farm except you want to mix with other corns and drop in farm

I have just goggled the English name for the animal.
It is called Ikun in Yoruba and the English name is land squirrel.

Thanks
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Oyetboy(m): 8:58am On Mar 25, 2023
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Waffarianman(m): 12:10pm On Mar 25, 2023
Darfemi:

I have just goggled the English name for the animal.
It is called Ikun in Yoruba and the English name is land squirrel.

Thanks

Ooh you mean ground squirrel 🐿️. The one that's dugs hole beneath the ground
Re: Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination by Darfemi(m): 5:26pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yes, you got it.
They are very stubborn. I'm yet to get the type of poison to get rid of them.

(1) (Reply)

Agriculture Land / Conversation Rate / N500,000 Or N1million :how Much Interest: If You Are Not Farming :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.