Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

What Do Nigerians Think Of Other Nigerians Who Only Speak Or Understand English? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do Nigerians Think Of Other Nigerians Who Only Speak Or Understand English? (1018 Views)

How To Identify & Differentiate A Yoruba Name Or Persons From Other Nigerians / Yorubas eat far more Pepper than other Nigerians, Is This Actually True? / What Do Other Nigerians Think Of Bayelsans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Nigerians Think Of Other Nigerians Who Only Speak Or Understand English? by Eliza101: 9:51am On Apr 26, 2022
Guys I removed the previous content in this blog..... as if anyone cares or truly understands how I feel, btw I NEED MONEY , SOMEBODY GIVE ME MONEY, I AM BEING OPPRESSED. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Other Nigerians Who Only Speak Or Understand English? by Mariangeles(f): 10:28am On Apr 26, 2022
People who feel inferior to you will do anything ( and everything) they can to try to make you feel less, just so they can feel good about themselves.
Those people are most likely intimidated by and/or are envious of you.

Good people will be to glad to teach you the language -as long as you're willing to learn -not taunt you.

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Other Nigerians Who Only Speak Or Understand English? by Eliza101: 10:32am On Apr 26, 2022
Mariangeles:
People who feel inferior to you will do anything ( and everything) they can to make you feel less, just so they can feel good about themselves.
Those people are most likely intimidated by and/or are envious of you.

Good people will be to glad to teach you the language -as long as you're willing to learn -not taunt you.

Okay then, and thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Other Nigerians Who Only Speak Or Understand English? by meobizy(f): 1:57pm On Apr 26, 2022
I have finished eating. Now my day starts.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Other Nigerians Who Only Speak Or Understand English? by kals4luv990(m): 2:17pm On May 19, 2022
As a Nigerian you ought to know how to speak your dialect..its a taboo not to know how to speak your native dialect..the man from uk native's language is English and he knows how to speak it
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Other Nigerians Who Only Speak Or Understand English? by Mindlog: 1:47pm On May 21, 2022
kals4luv990:
As a Nigerian you ought to know how to speak your dialect..its a taboo not to know how to speak your native dialect..the man from uk native's language is English and he knows how to speak it

What is the percentage of people born and living in urban areas in Nigeria, that is away from their state of origin, communicate confidently in their native dialect?
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Other Nigerians Who Only Speak Or Understand English? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:06pm On May 21, 2022
I don't know, you may not understand Yoruba but the Nigerianness in you shines through your writing. grin I can't explain it or how or why, just a feeling. If you hadn't mentioned where you grew up, I would have thought you were any other Nigerian. So no shaking. Forget those people. You have passed the unconscious test for being a Nigerian and that's all that matter.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Other Nigerians Who Only Speak Or Understand English? by Patriotsleague: 6:25am On Jan 19, 2023
Irrelevant issue.

(1) (Reply)

How Does One Become A Chief? / Witchcraft In "white" Clothing. / She Was Punished By Her Teacher!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.