Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,925 members, 7,863,270 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:08 PM

IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) (1441 Views)

Ikwerre People Visit Oba Of Benin, Presents Indigenous Flag / Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof / Ikwerre Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ndi igbo kwenu!, Nde ikwerre meka we!.

My people am here to clear some myths about the ikwerre's of rivers and igbo's of s.e.

1) the hate against igbo by the ikwerre is 80% solid online,. In reality such things dont exist unless we are going political.

2) Our grand parents are anti igbo's not us. Any youngster playing this game, i consider them stupid, why? Because, emaewule did not offend emeka, obiora did not insult ninikachi and chimerule did not kill obi'ajuru. So why the hate?

3)we are from bini. Well according to my dad, thats a fat lie..

4) ikwerre dont have native name? Another lie. Chukwunda,ninikanwo,nyemaechi etc our governor name for instance Ezenwo(property of a king) nyesom( who is with me) wike(child of strength).

Now To our lovely igbo brothers tell us ur mind. Be polite please, lets get to know our self better. Meka!.
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by samiabigail: 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2022
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by flejnr2(f): 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2022
Stop deceiving your selfs you guys are Igbo’s by origin and rivers by state creation
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2022
flejnr2:
Stop deceiving your selfs you guys are Igbo’s by origin and rivers by state creation

Do you know some years ago the name igbo didnt exist? The white named you guys that. Igbo is not a scientificaly/specie given name, same can be said for the hausas,yoruba etc.

The only natural fact is igbo and ikwerre are from the same origin.
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Jeon(f): 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2022
I ADVISED OTHER TRIBES ESPECIALLY OUR EDO GIRLS.... TO FLEE FROM IBO MEN... THEY ARE NO GOOD AND UNAPPRECIATIVE..

YESTERDAY AN IBO MAN WAS INSULTING HIS AFEMAI WIFE [CALL-IN HER NAM3S, PROSTITUTE, PPL DY SEE YOU BACK AND FORTH.. YEYE WOMAN ] IN PRESENCES OF 6 CHILDREN ....EVEN GAVE HER INJURIES WITH SCISSORS ON HER FACE..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by flejnr2(f): 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

Do you know some years ago the name igbo didnt exist? The white named you guys that. Igbo is not a scientificaly/specie given name, same can be said for the hausas,yoruba etc.

The only natural fact is igbo and ikwerre are from the same origin.
We are saying the same thing oga, just like the fulani’s in Kwara calming Yoruba.
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 12:28pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:
I ADVISED OTHER TRIBES ESPECIALLY OUR EDO GIRLS.... TO FLEE FROM IBO MEN... THEY ARE NO GOOD AND UNAPPRECIATIVE..

YESTERDAY AN IBO MAN WAS INSULTING HIS AFEMAI WIFE [CALL-IN HER NAM3S, PROSTITUTE, PPL DY SEE YOU BACK AND FORTH.. YEYE WOMAN ] IN PRESENCES OF 6 CHILDREN ....EVEN GAVE HER INJURIES WITH SCISSORS ON HER FACE..

Never knew you were Edo..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by flejnr2(f): 12:28pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

The wrong of one doesn’t contradict the entire tribe, I am an ibo and my brother is marrying an esan lady and it’s all peace and love in the house
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2022
flejnr2:

We are saying the same thing oga, just like the fulani’s in Kwara calming Yoruba.

Let peace lead.. Tell us more about your people and how you see us.. Truthfully.
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by duro4chang(m): 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2022
Playing victim mentality everytime
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2022
duro4chang:
Playing victim mentality everytime

Are you from the above stated?
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by sirp9898(m): 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
Op I hail you
This is the right to do every tribes should express their griviances agaist another tribe so as to settle it for peace not hate to rain among us
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
While in school back in days i had this ikwere guy as my paddy we were cool with each other shared our language angry grin his a nice guy but i joined Nairaland my hate for ikwere grow up undecided if my brother openly say his not my brother why should i still alien with him it pained me more but we move on undecided
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Jeon(f): 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
flejnr2:

The wrong of one doesn’t contradict the entire tribe, I am an ibo and my brother is marrying an esan lady and it’s all peace and love in the house

10 out of hundreds and ur bro is among the 10 ...

same experience with an esan woman with two kids ...the jobless man from IMO... he held her reta.rded[ she got many job as offer, from council, to bank to high board of education ]my man made his wife to declined all the offers. she's managing with a little job as teacher under private school, 8k per month.. and still the man is annoyed, calling her names [made a statement that he didn't gave birth to the first son ]accusing her of having an affair with random men...

he address her lik this THAT GIRL .

2 Likes

Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
sirp9898:
Op I hail you
This is the right to do every tribes should express their griviances agaist another tribe so as to settle it for peace not hate to rain among us

Thats my aim..
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by sirp9898(m): 12:43pm On Apr 26, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

Thats my aim..
Ride on
I support u
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
While in school back in days i had this ikwere guy as my paddy we were cool with each other shared our language angry grin his a nice guy but i joined Nairaland my hate for ikwere grow up undecided if my brother openly say his not my brother why should i still alien with him it pained me more but we move on undecided

An igbo will deny an ikwerre man first trust me.. No be pure igbo etc.. Look at what you guys are doing to dave umahi.
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by flejnr2(f): 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

Let peace lead.. Tell us more about your people and how you see us.. Truthfully.
For real I have never ever for once seen ikwerre people like a tribe, I always see them as my Igbo brothers
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by F4ku: 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
My observation...
From historic records, it's obvious different igbo clans traced there history from Benin..
Clans like..

Ukwuani of delta.
Onitsha of Anambra.
Ekpeye of River state..
Ikwerre of River state.. Etc..

For an obvious fact, these above clans share the same language, names, traditions, cultural attire , festivals, masquerades, market days, deities, which to a logical point of view one can deduce that the above clans came from one major source(yet unknown).

My take..
We all came from one origin but choose different routes.
Every man has the undiluted right to choose whatsoever he wishes.
If the Ikwerres or ndoki, Ekpeye wishes not to be Identified as an igbo tribe, i see no reason
why they should be compelled to expel such decision.
The igbos I know believe in self identity and as such, we should all respect each other.
But one thing I know for sure, no matter how far the eagle soars in the sky, it will always find its way home..

Ikwerre kwenu..
Ndigbo mmama nu..

1 Like

Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

An igbo will deny an ikwerre man first trust me.. No be pure igbo etc.. Look at what you guys are doing to dave umahi.
lies igbo man no fit deny ikwerre man rather ikwerre has done so many times openly and close doors, umahi is loved in igbo land all this bahalal here igbo don't joke with umahi but umahi made a mistake joining ApC which igbos hate badly undecided
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by F4ku: 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

Same way you accuse igbos, is the same way other tribes speak ill your EDO.. Stop acting as if your perfect..

There are alot of similar cases as mentioned by you between edo and other tribes, but you narrowing down and highlighting majorly on the igbo, show how tunnel minded you are..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 1:02pm On Apr 26, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
lies igbo man no fit deny ikwerre man rather ikwerre has done so many times openly and close doors, umahi is loved in igbo land all this bahalal here igbo don't joke with umahi but umahi made a mistake joining ApC which igbos hate badly undecided

The true is that their is no saints amongs us,.

But trust me when the opportunity shows up.. E no go hard una to say "nye godi ezibo nwa afo biko".
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by F4ku: 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

But trust me when the opportunity shows up.. E no go hard una to say "nye godi ezibo nwa afo biko".

1 Like

Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

dude forget oh! Nobi wike that came out publicly and said ikwerre is not igbo undecided so many of them here. Abeg
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 1:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
dude forget oh! Nobi wike that came out publicly and said ikwerre is not igbo undecided so many of them here. Abeg

Thats because igbo is a tribe and ikwerre is a tribe. Kind of a brother tribe. A tribe can not belong to another tribe na..
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Tinububalls: 1:18pm On Apr 26, 2022
From the thread, I believe the Igbos should play the role of a big bro towards the Ikwerres..
Truth be told, they do want to align with the Igbos but we too aren't helping matters.
Most of these clans don't want to be segregated and discriminated like the southeast due to the war.
But we need to give them a reason to believe in us, not just hate them outrightly.
But sometimes please don't blame us. We are like this due to the war. Once bitten, twice shy.
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Sergio103(m): 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
We are one.

identity is there but we are one.

if you want to know if we are one..... the day wike will go for campaign in Kano or Kaduna. As an average Kaduna man the PDP person that came for campaign and hear what he will say.

Same to average Osun man.

That we all are here over stretching this whole issue is because... each of us feel we are educated and must be noticed.

same cannot be said for outside world.
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2022
Tinububalls:
From the thread, I believe the Igbos should play the role of a big bro towards the Ikwerres..
Truth be told, they do want to align with the Igbos but we too aren't helping matters.
Most of these clans don't want to be segregated and discriminated like the southeast due to the war.
But we need to give them a reason to believe in us, not just hate them outrightly.
But sometimes please don't blame us. We are like this due to the war. Once bitten, twice shy.

You've spoken well.
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Emilokoiyawon: 1:41am On Apr 27, 2022
Wike or Amechi will be the first Igbo president. Mark this post for posterity.
Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 27, 2022
Ikwerre people do not like Igbos and I as an Igbo person do not like them either.

Now that I've gotten that out of my chest, I want to ask you something op. Why do your people bury their loved ones inside a house and still rent it out to unsuspecting people?

1 Like

Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by OvisFranko: 11:21pm On May 03, 2022
All these una social media wrestling.
Ikwerre men dey marry Igbo women as if tomorrow noh dey.
To me , Ikwerre na distinct ethnic tribe.( Dem get dialects..) Make someone correct me if I dey wrong.
As for my Igbo brothers, una dey discriminate Ebonyi State Igbos Wella...even for some Igbo men to marry Imo State babes , na war.
As e be like this ..make every tribe dey kain their lane like this ....we are all one Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: IGBO & IKWERRE Thread(strictly For The Above People) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 8:53am On May 04, 2022
OvisFranko:
All these una social media wrestling.
Ikwerre men dey marry Igbo women as if tomorrow noh dey.
To me , Ikwerre na distinct ethnic tribe.( Dem get dialects..) Make someone correct me if I dey wrong.
As for my Igbo brothers, una dey discriminate Ebonyi State Igbos Wella...even for some Igbo men to marry Imo State babes , na war.
As e be like this ..make every tribe dey kain their lane like this ....we are all one Nigerians.

I tell you, isiokpo for ikwerre l.g.a dey call land ele, we dey call am eli. Ikwerre get different dialects.

What l.g are you from ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

History Of Offa A Town In Kwara State) / Idoma Naming Ceremony / The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.