Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade (13049 Views)

Successful Edo Primary: APC Presents Model For Voting During Pandemic - Vanguard / S/East APC Presents Member Elect Of Accord Party To Oshiomhole As Speaker / APC Presents Adekunle Akinlade As Consensus Governorship Candidate To Amosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by DONSMITH123(m): 5:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
GOVERNOR Benedict Ayade of Cross River State has pledged to support former President Goodluck Jonathan if the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, presents him as the party’s flagbearer for the 2023 election.

Governor Ayade stated this while briefing State House correspondents after he met behind closed doors with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He announced that he had secured the President’s nod to hold consultations over his own presidential ambition.

Fielding questions on whether he would contest the APC presidential primaries against Dr. Jonathan decides to run for presiden, Ayade said he has respect for the former president, adding that if it is the decision of the APC to field the former President, he would support him.

The governor explained that he was at the Presidential Villa to seek direction from Buhari on how to align in the run up to the 2023 poll, noting that he would do whatever the President directs.

He pointed out that he did not tell President Buhari that he wanted to join the presidential race as he observed that it was not decent telling an office holder that one was interested in taking over his office.

He, however, said, the President expressed delight that he did not speak of his desire to succeed him in office but gave him the go ahead to hold consultations on the matter while he (Buhari) watches him.

Ayade went on to spell out his programme of action for the country if he becomes the president next year, stressing that his administration would concentrate on three key areas, security, employment, and economy.

Asked about his chances against Jonathan should the former President join the race, Ayade stated: “I have great respect for President Jonathan. So, I have no challenges whatsoever.

“I believe that the party leadership will decide the appropriate candidate that will take our party to victory and so if you heard me well, I am just part of the family, absolutely loyal to the President, seeking to run for president and I’m running.

“At any point in time the political leadership of my party, the APC, feels that President Jonathan is the appropriate candidate that will take us to victory, I will turn my support for him.

“I am never ever going to fight the establishment, the institution, the aristocracy, the spiritual vortex of which God has placed a leader on the country. I will never question the powers of the leader of the country.

“I have never played the politics of antagonism or fights. If you know how I became governor, I became governor by offering to support whoever the governor wants. By a stroke of luck, I became the candidate. The same token… I’m only here to support the President’s candidate and by a stroke of luck he said you to go there and join the race.”

The governor reiterated his position that the next governor of Cross River State will come from the Southern Senatorial District.

He said he would not play God by anointing his successor, declaring that whoever will emerge would come through the democratic process.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/2023-ill-support-jonathan-if-apc-presents-him-as-flagbearer-ayade/

1 Like

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by tutudesz: 5:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
Anybody that believe Jonathan will contest presidential election under APC is very funny grin cheesy wink
Jonathan is not interested undecided

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by PrinceOfLagos: 5:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jonathan is far far better than Tinubu anyday anytime

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by cktheluckyman: 5:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
grin Some people have started aligning

7 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by RuddyFusion(m): 5:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
Joanna don't listen to them
Respect yourself
Clear road for Peter Obi

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by PrinceOfLagos: 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2022
RuddyFusion:
Respect yourself
Clear road for PO
See this Tinubu supporter, the mention of jonathan makes them shiver

Only Tinubu supporters don't want Jonathan because they are scared that the coming back of Jonathan will be brutal against Tinubu

Jonathan will surely revisit Tinubu corruption case and send him to jail

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by DONSMITH123(m): 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
RuddyFusion:
Respect yourself
Clear road for PO

Which of the PO?

I will support Jonathan over any of these candidates.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by DONSMITH123(m): 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

100%

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by alsudan: 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
Buhari is already getting the endorsements needed to make Jonathan the Kwansensus Candidate.

Thiefnibu and Urchins, where art thou?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by buckeyemedia: 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Osinbajo is the chosen one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by Yooruba1914: 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jonathan is the reason we have the disaster called buhari in the first place

9 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by DONSMITH123(m): 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
buckeyemedia:

Chosen by?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by PrinceOfLagos: 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
buckeyemedia:
I will vote Jonathan over Tinubu and his former boy Osibanjo

19 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by OsusuMustFlow(f): 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
hmm. Let the game begin
Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by PrinceOfLagos: 5:51pm On Apr 26, 2022
OsusuMustFlow:
hmm. Let the game begin
The game that has started long time ego

3 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by bigdammyj: 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2022
Noted.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by mrvitalis(m): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2022
tutudesz:
Anybody that believe Jonathan will contest presidential election under APC is very funny grin cheesy wink
This is from ayade ooh tinubu boy
grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by Born2Breed(f): 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by helinues: 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
If is actually a conditional statement

1 Like

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by tutudesz: 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2022
mrvitalis:

This is from ayade ooh tinubu boy
grin grin grin
Tinubu boy Guy Jonathan will never contest under APC

4 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by mrvitalis(m): 6:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
tutudesz:

Tinubu boy Guy Jonathan will never contest under APC
Who was tinubu candidate in the chairmanship election ?

1 Like

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by Plaassdafa: 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ok

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by sognoyolmu: 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
Oga
Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by Jamiubond009(m): 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
cheesy
Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by Morenikeji090(m): 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
Not that he is not Interested he won't win...
tutudesz:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by BeardGangJnr1(m): 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
Does that mean Jonathan can't make decisions for himself??
Why's Everyone telling him what to do and what not to do

3 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by NotBeenPaid: 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2022

The most useless Governor in the history of Nigeria. I was really disappointed and ashamed the last time I traveled down to Calabar from Abuja in 2019. Cross River State is the dirtiest and underdeveloped State in Nigeria today. Two professors ruling the state with nothing positive to show for.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Support Jonathan If APC Presents Him As Flagbearer — Ayade by Emilokoiyawon: 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
grin Jonathan the god of simps who could not even control his illiterate wife? grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Not Desperate To Be President – Tolu Bankole / NNPC Begins Rehabilitation Of Port Harcourt Refinery / Sanwo-olu Meets Security Chiefs, Promises To Revamp State Security Architecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.