Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) (3073 Views)

POS Operator Receives Fake Bundles Of Money From A Customer / POS Operator Dies From Bullet Wounds Sustained During Robbery (Photos) / Man Uses POS To Defraud Customers N1.2b (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by Daytonbale: 8:54pm On Apr 26, 2022
Am running a POS business as side hustle here in Lagos, so yesterday one lady in her thirty came to withdraw money yesterday around 8 pm , she withdrew 6000 and I gave her she left.
So today by 6:27pm she came with one man telling me that the money I gave her yesterday was all counterfeit , she brought fake 6000 note to me.
I told her that the money I gave her was not counterfeit, they were shouting and ranting telling me to give them another Money I refuse I told them I didn't give them any fake money yesterday.

Since I start this business I have not encounter such before and no one has ever gave me counterfeit before and I know counterfeit very well,

my Neighbor gather , people gather telling them that I don't gave people fake money and I still insist that I will not gave them any money.

So elderly men and women now told me that I should see it as lost for peace to resign that I should gave them the 6000 then I transfer 6000 to them.

Please pos operator be careful this a new trend.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by SamuelLoch: 9:31pm On Apr 26, 2022
Daytonbale:
Am running a POS business as side hustle here in Lagos, so yesterday one lady in her thirty came to withdraw money yesterday around 8 pm , she withdrew 6000 and I gave her she left.
So today by 6:27pm she came with one man telling me that the money I gave her yesterday was all counterfeit , she brought fake 6000 note to me.
I told her that the money I gave her was not counterfeit, they were shouting and ranting telling me to give them another Money I refuse I told them I didn't give them any fake money yesterday.

Since I start this business I have not encounter such before and no one has ever gave me counterfeit before and I know counterfeit very well,

my Neighbor gather , people gather telling them that I don't gave people fake money and I still insist that I will not gave them any money.

So elderly men and women now told me that I should see it as lost for peace to resign that I should gave them the 6000 then I transfer 6000 to them.

Just imagine the rubbish!
Sorry about that.... 70 times 7 folds coming your way soon.

But if na me ehn, we die there o! I would drag the matter till I call those who also collected money before and after her. I go drag am reach the bank wey I withdraw the money sef.
I don't have time for rubbish, but accusing me of theft, hell no! I have the time, and I would embarrass that person!

23 Likes

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by joyandfaith: 10:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
Daytonbale:

You shouldn't have done that.

18 Likes

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by HandsomeBlack: 10:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
Hmmm...I kinda think you should have insisted on not giving them any other money. She didn't even return it the same day but the next day?
Anyway, it's an Eye-opener for others in your line of trade.

16 Likes

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by dopedan(m): 10:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
Daytonbale:

You messed up big time, they will do same to other pos n collect money too

7 Likes

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by EzegeNdiigbo: 10:53pm On Apr 26, 2022
Offline Fraud grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by TheWolfen(m): 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
You did what? You transfer money to them?
The elderly man that told you that shit is also a suspect.
Chai you disappoint me. Why would you let anyone defraud you in such a way without evidence that you actually gave out fake money? Perhaps you had gave out fake money in the past undecided

13 Likes

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by SarkinYarki: 11:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
Daytonbale:

Did they give you the fake notes ?

2 Likes

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by manchyme: 11:18pm On Apr 26, 2022
Daytonbale:

You fall my hand.
Fukk you.
Without Army you transferred 6k, so if them bring army you for do 60k.
You're a mumu man

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by optionalY09: 11:23pm On Apr 26, 2022
they are all working together

1 Like

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by Generalwoodz(m): 11:29pm On Apr 26, 2022
Y
Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by seborrhic: 11:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
They told u to pay to 'avoid trouble' and u f oolishly bought into the scheme.At the end you ended up being defrauded of 6k and indirectly admitted you gave them fake notes.
If u know the way the average Nigerian lying,criminal and devilish mind works,you would know those same people that told you to pay for peace to reign are the same ones that would go and be spreading gossip that you paid because the accusation was true and before you know it other fabrications would surface that that wasn't the first time you were issuing fake notes.

9 Likes

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by westlius(m): 11:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
dopedan:

You messed up big time, they will do same to other pos n collect money too
Tru talk even in bank hn you dont confirm your money and leave d counter.
You com come back say d moni no complete na bouncer for bank go chase u
OP. u loose guard

1 Like

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by VoteTinubu2023: 12:09am On Apr 27, 2022
You have indirectly admitted liability by crediting the money back to the fraudsters. You should have stood your ground and keep insisting on the truth.

By the way : Remember to Vote Tinubu 2023.

God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by 9182736455O1999(m): 12:13am On Apr 27, 2022
Op, permit me to call you mumu. now people will go about telling others that you give fake money to customers.
the people that told you to give them the money for peace to reign are all mad.

7 Likes

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by Westtimeline: 12:23am On Apr 27, 2022
You shouldn't have given them another 6k.

You could have told both of them to swear with their lives and their children lives before giving them.
Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by KosiGee(m): 12:58am On Apr 27, 2022
@Daytonbale, are you 100% sure that you didn’t mistakenly give the girl counterfeit money? Have you checked the remaining notes that you have?

Sorry for you loss and the sad experience…Did you collect the fakes notes that they presented? Did you get their details, ID cards, driving licences etc?
You should collect the notes and punch holes in them in the presence of everyone or split the notes. If they went back with the notes, they would attempt that again on another unsuspecting operator.

What have you done to prevent this from happening again? Maybe you need to get yourself some ultraviolet light device and use that to check the cash with your customers.

1 Like

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by phemmyfour: 6:08am On Apr 27, 2022
Daytonbale:

Always put mark on your money
Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by favour32(m): 6:29am On Apr 27, 2022
Confront or avoid but you chosed the latter.
I don't blame you.
Everyone reacts differently.
You did what is comfortable to you.

2 Likes

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by donziller(m): 7:06am On Apr 27, 2022
Senior man, u remember that I withdraw 5k, ok , na fake. So abeg transfer my money give or na die we dey ooo
Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by Restroom: 7:10am On Apr 27, 2022
You for go police.......way

Dem go run if na true say u nor give Dem fake money
Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by Neddstark: 7:14am On Apr 27, 2022
Daytonbale:

You messed up. You should not have given them the money.

1 Like

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by Desperados(m): 7:26am On Apr 27, 2022
Dis OP, u fall my hand big time
if dem try dat rubbish here, dem go chop beating join

1 Like

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by Teeq1234: 7:32am On Apr 27, 2022
Allah u for no pay them one kobo. The elderly man that said for peace to rain I no trust am also. Crime wey u no do u pay for its consequences. Taaaa let it be war oh not peace I no Dey pay a dime. Anyways it’s good u are putting out to here to serve as a lesson to others but next time no fall for that trap.

1 Like

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by Daytonbale: 8:05am On Apr 27, 2022
KosiGee:
@Daytonbale, are you 100% sure that you didn’t mistakenly give the girl counterfeit money? Have you checked the remaining notes that you have?

Sorry for you loss and the sad experience…Did you collect the fakes notes that they presented? Did you get their details, ID cards, driving licences etc?
You should collect the notes and punch holes in them in the presence of everyone or split the notes. If they went back with the notes, they would attempt that again on another unsuspecting operator.

What have you done to prevent this from happening again? Maybe you need to get yourself some ultraviolet light device and use that to check the cash with your customers.
I checked the all note there is no counterfeit there, and that the first time she came to make withdrawal. And no one has ever come to complain that the money I gave them is counterfeit.
Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by Daytonbale: 8:08am On Apr 27, 2022
Teeq1234:
Allah u for no pay them one kobo. The elderly man that said for peace to rain I no trust am also. Crime wey u no do u pay for its consequences. Taaaa let it be war oh not peace I no Dey pay a dime. Anyways it’s good u are putting out to here to serve as a lesson to others but next time no fall for that trap.
ok brother Thanks, I have learned my lesson.
Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by periphetes: 8:30am On Apr 27, 2022
Sorry for your loss.

Point of Sale business is now a very risky biz . It requires you to be highly alert always on each transaction. Most Nigerians has wrongfully now converted this venture to become a bank spot.
This will always attract criminals to your stead if you handle lump some cash .

For the fake notes scenario, next time always insist your customer count and check there money before they leave your shop .

Also have a specific book register for withdrawal in which your customers writes down there name , phone number , amount collected with a signed signature .

This will help proof your customer counted and checked the money recieved before leaving your shop .

If such scenario ever occurs again , take them all to the police station .

Be smart & keep safe.

1 Like

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by BigYash: 8:34am On Apr 27, 2022
God know say if na me,them no go see shi shi. If na police them wan call ,I dey ready.. Anyhow e wan be.. How the whole six k go be fake,even if actually say fake money dey? Its not possible.

1 Like

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by TYCO77: 8:42am On Apr 27, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Daytonbale:

Install mercury fluorescent bulb in your office and encourage your customers to confirm cash given to them with it. Failure to do this, the customer should bear the consequence.
Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 27, 2022
I'm so angry right now at your foolishness, you deserve 300 lashes of koboko on your head after shaving it clean

3 Likes

Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by NaijaCover(m): 10:01am On Apr 27, 2022
Bad News Here And There
Re: Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) by MikeMicheal(m): 10:10am On Apr 27, 2022
With all due respect, OP YOU ARE DULL.

Hope you know that by sending them another 6k, you have admitted you gave fake money.

With respect Sir, You too mumu.

Very soon rumours will start flying that you give fake cash.

Chai! I mean no disrespect Sir, but you dont have sense.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

VIDEO: Drug Lord Strips Woman N*ked For Owing Him / The World Most Wanted Man / My Friend Got Raped Last Night And The Rapist Is Still Calling Her On The Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.