Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) (61589 Views)

A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car / My Camry 2007 Engine Does Not Run Smoothly After I Changed It / How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by miren3: 10:19am On Apr 27, 2022
Okay
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Cantonese: 10:22am On Apr 27, 2022
Sorry e hear.

Wetin you go rub am?

Abeg rub am aboniki, four times a day. After three days e must dry kpatakpata. The reason being that as an ajebutter make you learn how Vulcaniser dey manage im hand sef.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Kayberg: 10:23am On Apr 27, 2022
I never knew a man's palms can be this soft…
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by yinkeys(m): 10:24am On Apr 27, 2022
Do you drive a saloon or SUV? @dailyparrot
The latter tyres would usually harder for me.
Do you have a bad jack ?
Maybe you should have gloves in your car so that this won’t happen again. Lesson learnt.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by MrDebonair: 10:25am On Apr 27, 2022
Disgusting.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by hope4nigeria(m): 10:25am On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:
I have been driving my car since 2019 but have never changed the tyre myself. Anytime the tyre has problem, there are always owomida people to help change it for a small fee.

It happened that I was driving from oshodi to Lekki and as I was approaching third mainland Bridge, my tyre collapsed.

I parked and started learning left hand at old age. I managed to change it but my palms felt it.

The sad thing is that immediately I was about tightening the nuts firm, two touts rushed to the place and seized the tyre that I brought out, asking that I should find them money.

This touting thing is a menace in Lagos. Less than 100 meters from there, we met a dead body of an NURTW who was wearing their tithe collection uniform and a stick in his hand. If it was a car that knocked him down, I can't tell.

But I commend Lagosians for having A1 in "Minding your business 101". The way people were driving pass the dead body, you would think it's a chicken that's lying fallow there.

This is the second dead body I'm seeing on Lagos road since this year. One was a decapitated body at Carter Bridge. They just used tyre to barricade it if not, cars will mistakenly run over the body because people drive at high speed there.

When I saw what happened to my hand, I just whispered to myself "How many times will they tell you that this country is not for you". grin

Imagine if I should take cutlass or hoe to farm now ? I guess I will be admitted in the intensive care unit of the hospital.

Please, what can I rub on this thing to reduce the pain and relieve it completely.
you use hand loose the wheel Nut?

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by RapistOnBail: 10:25am On Apr 27, 2022

Soak your palm in palm oil and live overnight to detoxify.

No scratch Nyash with am. If not, na you sabi.

Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Mrkumareze(m): 10:26am On Apr 27, 2022
Your jack must be a bad one, I once had the experience with my bad jack when my car hit an open drainage..
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Sultty(m): 10:26am On Apr 27, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin see omo butty, no worry Lagos life will mend u
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Flier: 10:27am On Apr 27, 2022
Next time put your wheel spanner and climb it rather than using hand to lose it
I climb to lose and tighten it
And buy auto-jack

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by OGcartel: 10:28am On Apr 27, 2022
A full plot of land for sale at onihale area of ogun state.. with available C/O and survey plan.. please dm if interested
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by PS712: 10:29am On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:
I .
If indeed your post is true then I dare say you have no idea what average Nigerians are passing through.
Meanwhile, just maintain your neatness and in no time your palm will heal. But if you notice otherwise see your doctor.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by plataea(f): 10:29am On Apr 27, 2022
that's Lagos for you
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by uvie66: 10:29am On Apr 27, 2022
Nonso92:
Pure Ajebutter
abi dey think the same thing.... ordinary tyre you no fit change.... You go call somebody for every minor thing, you are the regular driver and one expect to know how to change engine oil, air filter, and the light bulb replacement. God help you make you no call somebody to Impregnate your wife for you.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by heffem(m): 10:29am On Apr 27, 2022
yinkeys:
Do you drive a salon or SUV?

The latter tyres would usually harder for me.
Maybe you should have gloves in your car so that this won’t happen again. Lesson learnt.
...that is a saloon car, Toyota corolla
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by deavicky(m): 10:29am On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:
I have been driving my car since 2019 but have never changed the tyre myself. Anytime the tyre has problem, there are always owomida people to help change it for a small fee.

It happened that I was driving from oshodi to Lekki and as I was approaching third mainland Bridge, my tyre collapsed.

I parked and started learning left hand at old age. I managed to change it but my palms felt it.

The sad thing is that immediately I was about tightening the nuts firm, two touts rushed to the place and seized the tyre that I brought out, asking that I should find them money.

This touting thing is a menace in Lagos. Less than 100 meters from there, we met a dead body of an NURTW who was wearing their tithe collection uniform and a stick in his hand. If it was a car that knocked him down, I can't tell.

But I commend Lagosians for having A1 in "Minding your business 101". The way people were driving pass the dead body, you would think it's a chicken that's lying fallow there.

This is the second dead body I'm seeing on Lagos road since this year. One was a decapitated body at Carter Bridge. They just used tyre to barricade it if not, cars will mistakenly run over the body because people drive at high speed there.

When I saw what happened to my hand, I just whispered to myself "How many times will they tell you that this country is not for you". grin

Imagine if I should take cutlass or hoe to farm now ? I guess I will be admitted in the intensive care unit of the hospital.

Please, what can I rub on this thing to reduce the pain and relieve it completely.
na ur hand u take carry the motto or where exactly did u sustained all those blisters from?.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Heavensent01(m): 10:29am On Apr 27, 2022
TheKrakon:
See me when my papa dey drive for him tear rubber car that year with everything on the up and up. Now this is what it has come to. I come dey go work for farm for Lagos for peanut. See my hand don cast. Today sef, I don reach there this morning for inside Ojo barracks there I no see work. I don return to my aws. Man no go kill him self. When I see I eat, if I no see na to lock up. Maybe tomorrow is pregnant.

everyone has a story my brother, I no come from rich home and I still manage to get myself a degree with cheap labour and school runs like admission and tutorial

person graduate sef no work, so I learnt how to drive, so instead of looking for temporary income, learn skills that will put you on the path of greatness

success is practical not emotional, spiritual maybe but with working smart
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by yinkeys(m): 10:30am On Apr 27, 2022
heffem:
...that is a saloon car, Toyota corolla
Lol I wasn’t patient to read or view the pictures
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by tinacrl01(m): 10:30am On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:

So what’s my business
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:31am On Apr 27, 2022
Ajebo ordinary tyre see your palm but to handle woman you fit get A1.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by obeycian(m): 10:31am On Apr 27, 2022
2saviourfriday9:
The vehicle is toyota corrola
use fuel and soap it will clear then buy rob
You are wrong, Matrix uses that that same steering as well.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by uvie66: 10:31am On Apr 27, 2022
Flier:
Next time put your wheel spanner and climb it rather than using hand to lose it
I climb to lose and tighten it
And buy auto-jack
this is suppose to be common sense.... one is applying pressure to the spanner with the whole weight of the body.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Nigerialabalaba: 10:31am On Apr 27, 2022
flejnr2:
Omo na tire you change or na farm you go?
na farm abeg grin grin

Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by dohalimegovo: 10:32am On Apr 27, 2022
shocked
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Olayetan(m): 10:33am On Apr 27, 2022
Lolz

Are you ajebutter?

Just common changing of tyre. Nah hin ur hand peel like this, very funny.

Sorry sir.

But your jack must be very bad, you need to change it if it's hard to wind.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Icent99(m): 10:37am On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:

Abeg how many tires you change. Some weeks ago i swapped the four tires on my car. I have a front wheel drive car nd i observed the front tires were almost wearing out but the rear ones were still sharp. I had to jack each tires transferring the rear ones to the front nd the front ones back. Na just my waist suffer am,nothing happened to my palms. But these blemishes my brother. Please take care
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by Devilagentcap: 10:38am On Apr 27, 2022
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Something wet i dey do with one hand, this agric man do him hands peel finish. Next time call me to change it for you as your hands are balloons.

Lamba
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by salvation77177: 10:40am On Apr 27, 2022
Your palms are too soft. Next time use hand gloves prior to such operations. Sorry for what happened.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by EgunMogaji2: 10:42am On Apr 27, 2022
Dailyparrot:

I guess you can call AAA but we change our own tires too in the USA, even my wife.
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by martinmiller: 10:43am On Apr 27, 2022
This one never go farm before, and besides what are we to do with this op. Could this be news, it is not new, I change my car tire twice on Sunday if need be, forming ajebur for Nigeria will leave you a prey..

They will use and dump you, as in those guys wey de market de hustle them nobi person abi?, Nah small scratch do you for hand compared to that of farm labourers ..

Learn to complete simple task, what if you on express road and two of your tires bursted, I know you will start crying immediately lol
Re: See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) by nuland(m): 10:45am On Apr 27, 2022
This una Lagos Na wao! Changing a flat tyre you had to settle 'Owomida LTD' again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? / The Parking Lot At The American University Of Dubai! (Pictures) / Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.