Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,157 members, 7,845,814 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders (527 Views)

Ghana Bans Spending In Foreign Currencies, Makes Cedi Sole Legal Tender / Germany Considers Nationalization Of Russian Companies, Gazprom And Rosneft / Russia Says It Won't Cut Off Gas Supplies Yet In Rouble Payment Row (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by plaindealer: 5:02am On Apr 27, 2022
April 25 (Reuters)

Russia's (ROSN.MM) Rosneft failed to sell oil in a jumbo tender after demanding prepayment in roubles, five traders said on Monday, meaning the country's top oil company will need to find ways to divert more crude to buyers in Asia via private deals.

The failure of the tender highlights a growing struggle by the Kremlin oil major to sell oil due to sweeping Western sanctions on Russia for the invasion of Ukraine.

Moscow, which calls the invasion "a special operation", has publicly acknowledged it has faced some oil export problems since March due to sanctions but pledged to boost cooperation with Asia to divert some oil sales from the West.

Western sanctions on Russian oil are part of a broader effort to isolate Moscow politically and economically for the invasion that includes discussion of an EU-wide oil embargo. read more

The European Union also advised its members not to succumb to Russian President Vladimir Putin's demand to pay roubles for gas from Russian gas monopoly Gazprom

The EU is much more dependent of Russian gas than on oil and analysts and economists have said a full embargo on Russian gas would plunge the continent deep into recession.

Last week, Rosneft followed on the footsteps of Putin's orders to Gazprom and asked for 100% prepayment and conversion of the payment into roubles for purchases of its oil. read more

Rosneft tendered to sell 6.5 million tonnes of Urals, Siberian Light, Sokol and ESPO Blend oil loading from Russian ports in May-June but no bids were submitted by Monday, the five traders said.

Rosneft did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

It was extremely hard to meet the tender terms, the traders said adding the sale would have been difficult enough without the updated terms as most European majors and even trading firms are winding down purchases from Rosneft.

India's state refiners did not submit bids while volumes of Far East oil grades, Sokol and ESPO Blend, were too prompt to gather interest.

China has not publicly condemned Moscow's actions in Ukraine and India has bought more than twice as much crude from Russia since the invasion despite pressure from Washington to cut sales. read more

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/rosneft-fails-sell-oil-giant-tender-traders-say-2022-04-25/

Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by plaindealer: 5:19am On Apr 27, 2022
This is how dumb, foolish and grossly overrated POutin is.

The West is buying less of his oil and gas, but is not ready to institute a wholesale ban on Russian energy, but this foolish megalomaniac is fully banning himself and is own oil and gas with dumb demands and stupid rubble payments that the West, his own largest customers will never ever agree to, now he can not sell is worthless oil.

Oil is an international commodity with massive producers and suppliers all over the world willing and ready to fill the void.

The foolish man is doing his own banning all by himself...

What a clown... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by plaindealer: 5:24am On Apr 27, 2022
Boris Johnson don deliver strong warning to India.. grin grin

Very soon, PouTin no go sell one barrel even for one rubble.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by Elvictor: 7:01am On Apr 27, 2022
grin

I see one fake news purveyor running amok above me, Putin, the wisest and strongest man of our time, the antidote of the west.

Bulgaria have comply grin angry grin

I wan see gas wey Poland wan sell to Russia, after Russia cut off their gas supply

4 Likes

Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by rottennaija(m): 7:10am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

The West is buying less of his oil and gas, but is not ready to institute a wholesale ban on Russian energy, but this foolish megalomaniac is fully banning himself and is own oil and gas with dumb demands and stupid rubble payments that the West, his own largest customers will never ever agree to, now he can not sell is worthless oil.

Oil is an international commodity with massive producers and suppliers all over the world willing and ready to fill the void.

Don't kill yourself because of Putin ooo. Which currency is the company going to use for the tender? Dollar which the western sanction made it useless for Russian? Russia is only going to do what is in their own best interest. If Nigeria starts exporting their oils in our own local currency, you will see the value of Nigeria grow against the dollars. That's how it works.

1 Like

Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by plaindealer: 7:24am On Apr 27, 2022
rottennaija:

Don't kill yourself because of Putin ooo. Which currency is the company going to use for the tender? Dollar which the western sanction made it useless for Russian? Russia is only going to do what is in their own best interest. If Nigeria starts exporting their oils in our own local currency, you will see the value of Nigeria grow against the dollars. That's how it works.

Of what relevance is your interest when you can not sell oil to make a living or when buyers are refusing to renew oil contracts? Are you serious?

Russia is a mono-economy country like Nigeria so Nigeria and the last time I checked, oil is an international commodity with tons of suppliers all over the world so who cares about your oil and your demands?

Is the EU freezing over because they refused to pay in rubble? No, PouTIN will end up drinking his own oil
Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by Sirlancelort(m): 8:51am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

Of what relevance is your interest when you can not sell oil to make a living or when buyers are refusing to renew oil contracts? Are you serious?

Russia is a mono-economy country like Nigeria so Nigeria and the last time I checked, oil is an international commodity with tons of suppliers all over the world so who cares about your oil and your demands?

Is the EU freezing over because they refused to pay in rubble? No, PouTIN will end up drinking his own oil

And who told you they cannot sell?, Outside Europe there are other markets, even in Europe some countries are playing along, also don't forget about black market.
Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by plaindealer: 9:01am On Apr 27, 2022
Sirlancelort:

And who told you they cannot sell?, Outside Europe there are other markets, even in Europe some countries are playing along, also don't forget about black market.

You are in a thread and a topic that says Russia can not sell oil to traders and you are still asking me this question?

Some of you just like to talk just for the heck of it.
Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by rottennaija(m): 9:19am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

Just looking at the bolded and I realize trying to educate you will make me lose brain cells. Go and learn please.

5 Likes

Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by Sirlancelort(m): 9:42am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

You are in a thread and a topic that says Russia can not sell oil to traders and you are still asking me this question?

Some of you just like to talk just for the heck of it.

If you go back and read very well you will see where it says Russia would divert more oil to Asia "which apparently will still end up in EU", the topic is emphasizing on EU traders not traders.

Because you decide to pull out of a trade does not mean others won't trade.

Even EU traders go still follow back yard dey buy come media do strong men.
Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by plaindealer: 9:48am On Apr 27, 2022
rottennaija:

Just looking at the bolded and I realize trying to educate you will make me lose brain cells. Go and learn please.

https://interfax.com/newsroom/top-stories/30585/

Village illiterate feeling funky?

Your village square education failed you so you are not in any position to educate other people, maybe your fellow villagers.

Go and sit your ignorant ass somewhere abeg..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by plaindealer: 9:54am On Apr 27, 2022
Sirlancelort:

If you go back and read very well you will see where it says Russia would divert more oil to Asia "which apparently will still end up in EU", the topic is emphasizing on EU traders not traders.

Because you decide to pull out of a trade does not mean others won't trade.

Even EU traders go still follow back yard dey buy come media do strong men.

In what way did your post alter this topic and the fact that it can not sell oil?

Your own opinion per what they can do or not do is irrelevant, they can not sell oil and buyers are not renewing oil contracts, it's there in black and white so why get into an unnecessary argument?

Even Russia admitted that they are not selling enough products and they are losing billions.

It's not by force to abeg..
Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by Sirlancelort(m): 10:21am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

In what way did your post alter this topic and the fact that it can not sell oil?

Your own opinion per what they can do or not do is irrelevant, they can not sell oil and buyers are not renewing oil contracts, it's there in black and white so why get into an unnecessary argument?

Even Russia admitted that they are not selling enough products and they are losing billions.

It's not by force to abeg..

Ok sir so na your opinion they relevant?, I hear you they cannot sell oil.

Hungary and Austria already confirmed they are ready to pay in rubles many more to follow.

Peace
Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by plaindealer: 10:31am On Apr 27, 2022
Sirlancelort:

Ok sir so na your opinion they relevant?, I hear you they cannot sell oil.

Hungary and Austria already confirmed they are ready to pay in rubles many more to follow.

Peace

Until they actually did that, leave story, it won't happen.
Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by rottennaija(m): 10:53am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

https://interfax.com/newsroom/top-stories/30585/

Village illiterate feeling funky?

Your village square education failed you so you are not in any position to educate other people, maybe your fellow villagers.

Go and sit your ignorant ass somewhere abeg..

1 Like

Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by Sirlancelort(m): 11:09am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

Until they actually did that, leave story, it won't happen.

Yes, you are right action speaks louder than voice because they might end up like Poland that has been making noise up and down for eu to cut themselves off toxic Russian gas but we're still buying it, now that Russia decided to help them they are still crying that it's a direct attack on them.

Just two countries and gas price in eu jumped by over 20%.

Mean while in other news......let me stop here since you said it won't happen.
Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by olugabbie(m): 8:21pm On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

I don't know where the OP got this news from. But the fact is that Russia never demand for crude oil payment in Ruble. It is only GASSSSSSSSS. This is targeted at US & it's allies (unfriendly nations). So countries like India and China are using the opportunity to trade in their local currencies like Rupee-Rubble & Yuan-Ruble and abandon dollar.

2 Likes

Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by joyandfaith: 8:59pm On Apr 27, 2022
Elvictor:
grin

I see one fake news purveyor running amok above me, Putin, the wisest and strongest man of our time, the antidote of the west.

Bulgaria have comply grin angry grin

I wan see gas wey Poland wan sell to Russia, after Russia cut off their gas supply

Because it is not from Russian Times. India is buying oil from Russia at 40% discount. Very soon, Russia oil and gas wouid be replaced from other markets. International trade would realigned.
EU nations have learnt one thing- never rely on Russia energy supplies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by rottennaija(m): 9:06am On Apr 28, 2022
plaindealer:

Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by 989900: 9:15am On Apr 28, 2022
The world is trying to move away from oil as well as trying to move away from our inherent animalistic tendencies of violence and oppression, but this one senile old man: Putin, is still playing old school tough guy bully in the yard . . . long tables, loud mouth and all that old spiel . . .

Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by plaindealer: 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2022
rottennaija:

I'll take you abd your fake news seriously when you name the countries.

I repeat, not a single country in Europe is paying for any Russian gas in rubble.

Posting tweets by woye and other pouTin ass's sniffers on Twitter is really laughable and comedic. Find better and intelligent news sources..
Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by rottennaija(m): 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
plaindealer:

I repeat, not a single country in Europe is paying for any Russian gas in rubble.

Posting tweets by woye and other pouTin ass's sniffers on Twitter is really laughable and comedic. Find better and intelligent news sources..
Relax, I give you news ahead of main stream media. Eventually, you will see it.
Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by rottennaija(m): 12:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
plaindealer:

����� London betrayed Kyiv: During the operation in Ukraine, Britain imported Russian oil for 220 million pounds - about 1.9 million barrels:

“The British government is no stranger to hypocrisy, but to promise ‘unwavering support’ to Ukraine while simultaneously shipping almost 2 million barrels of Russian oil is utter hypocrisy even by Boris Johnson’s standards,” Independent, citing a new Greenpeace study
Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by plaindealer: 1:26pm On Apr 28, 2022
[s]
rottennaija:

����� London betrayed Kyiv: During the operation in Ukraine, Britain imported Russian oil for 220 million pounds - about 1.9 million barrels:

“The British government is no stranger to hypocrisy, but to promise ‘unwavering support’ to Ukraine while simultaneously shipping almost 2 million barrels of Russian oil is utter hypocrisy even by Boris Johnson’s standards,” Independent, citing a new Greenpeace study

rottennaija:

Relax, I give you news ahead of main stream media. Eventually, you will see it.

[/s]

I don't do fake news...
Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by rottennaija(m): 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
plaindealer:

I don't do fake news...

Keep watching
Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by rottennaija(m): 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
plaindealer:

I don't do fake news...

Re: Rosneft Huge Oil Tender Fails After It Demands Rouble Payment -traders by plaindealer: 6:02am On Apr 29, 2022
rottennaija:

I don't do fake news...

(1) (Reply)

UK Police Officers Attack Home Secretary Over Poor Pay / Aftermath Of Russian Attack On Barrack Of National Guards Of Ukraine / Ukrainian Army Sold French CAESAR Self-propelled Guns To Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.