Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid (26232 Views)

Abiodun Declares A State Of Emergency On The Lagos-Sango Ota-Abeokuta Road / Osinbajo’s Presidential Declaration Video Sets New Nigerian Internet Records / 2023: Osinbajo’s Presidential Posters Flood Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by Forzs: 5:05am On Apr 27, 2022
The Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, on Tuesday, said the state would support Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s presidential ambition to enable him to continue with some of the laudable projects of the regime of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

Abiodun disclosed this when he and other members of the State Executive Council accompanied Osinbajo to the palaces of some prominent traditional rulers in the state in continuation of the Vice President’s campaign ahead of the presidential primary of the All Progressives Congress.

Abiodun said Osinbajo, in the last seven years, had contributed to the many successes recorded by the Federal Government, noting that “he is eminently qualified to lead the country.”

He said, “The Vice President’s presence here is homecoming. We are pleased with his decision to run for the office of the President. He is competent and committed to lead the country in a higher capacity.

“Your steadfastness, integrity and character are all well known. You are serving this country and the President meritoriously for the last seven years as the vice president. We have no doubt that you will do well as the President and we will support you.”

Speaking on the ambition of the Vice President, the Alake and Paramount Ruler of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, attested to the competence of Osinbajo, saying, “the vice president has paid his dues and is eminently qualified to succeed as President.

“I want to pray that you will come back to this Palace as a President and Nigeria will gain tremendously under your watch.”

Osinbajo, on his part, expressed optimism that he would emerge victorious.

The Vice President boasted of winning the election when he paid a visit to the palace of Oba Gbadebo.

This is just as he said his administration would bring peace, unity and development to the country.

He had earlier visited the Akarigbo and paramount ruler of Remoland, Oba Adewale Ajayi, in his palace in Sagamu.

He sought the support and blessings of the traditional rulers, promising that he would serve with humility when elected President.

Read Also
2023 presidency: Special prayer to hold for Tinubu in Mecca
2023: I'm out to fight four 'demons' crippling Nigeria, says Ohuabunwa
Why plot to remove me as Senate President failed - Saraki
Osibanjo said he was not in the state to campaign, but to inform his people of his intention to run.

He said he had consulted widely, including with Buhari, before he joined the race.

He said “I want to say that Kabiyesi is a good man of fortune. Every time I have visited Kabiyesi, after it, I always become victorious. That is to say that it is a good one.

“Every time that I have visited him, at least in this political journey, it has always become victorious.

“I am always happy when I am coming to see Kabiyesi because I know that the outcome will be victory.”

Osinbajo said he had served the country with loyalty.

He added, “The Vice President’s position is an opportunity to serve and I have served with utmost loyalty. I put everything into my work. I am a candidate who will hit the ground running when I am elected.

“I have the requisite knowledge to do the job and building on what others have put in place. My Presidency will bring peace, unity and development to the country.”
2023-ogun-gov-declares-support-for-osinbajos-presidential-bid/?amp

188 Likes 24 Shares

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by MikoB: 5:06am On Apr 27, 2022
Hmm, this is the way to go Abiodun, one of the decided governors for Osinbajo, more to come stay tuned! I promised you guys before now, that there will be many more surprises and jokers.

253 Likes 33 Shares

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by Smithkafors(m): 5:08am On Apr 27, 2022
Nice one, but it is the turn of SE come 2023.... Not those supporting someone who couldn't effect any change in a state where he is defacto Gov for several years.

19 Likes

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by Mooh247: 5:08am On Apr 27, 2022
cool

The delegates of Amosun in Ogun PDP would most likely follow Amosun or Buhari's directives as regards vote ... Dapo Abiodun doesn't have grassroot core followers, he is just like Osinbajo

Two paperweight politicians endorsing each other

248 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by Aufbauh(m): 5:10am On Apr 27, 2022
Prof Osinbajo is the most qualified candidate among the rest. Being a celebral active VP over the last 7yrs he's better prepared and equipped to solve the Nigeria lingering challenges.

It's only a dunce that will understudy someone for 8yrs on a project that won't identifies the project Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and threats.
Forget all those who has being out of touch with the workings of Govt for at least 4yrs ago or has being touted for performing well as a state governor. Nigeria challenges are peculiar & are beyond such experiences.

BRF & Amaechi who were the best Governor of their time even struggled in their first ministerial term to deliver. This should tell us that governing Nigeria is beyond governing Lagos or Rivers state.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by bigdammyj: 5:39am On Apr 27, 2022
Noted

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by Nobody: 5:39am On Apr 27, 2022
After winning the primaries

Osibanjo will go to Tinubu's face and shout "who dey breeeeeeeettt "

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by Danielle09: 5:40am On Apr 27, 2022
Failure supporting Failure, as a vice president he couldn't do anything to prevent the daily killings and hardship on citizens, president my foot.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by Moferere: 5:40am On Apr 27, 2022
Smithkafors:
Nice one, but it is the turn of SE come 2023.... Not those supporting someone who couldn't effect any change in a state where he is defacto Gov for several years.

We will give you the key to Aso rock

246 Likes

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by naheem8307(m): 5:40am On Apr 27, 2022
PYO our mandate, more to come Insha Allah.

160 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by Atom007(m): 5:42am On Apr 27, 2022
Nice moves. Likes for Osibanjo, share for Tinubu

134 Likes 32 Shares

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by Finnese001: 5:42am On Apr 27, 2022
Sad waste grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by newdawnlive: 5:42am On Apr 27, 2022
Smithkafors:
lol don't work seat down there they claim right they will just install someone from SE to be president mumu people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by opera1(m): 5:42am On Apr 27, 2022
He had no choice than to support him fully.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by Zeinymira(f): 5:42am On Apr 27, 2022
We knew he would support him

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by muhyeenisce(m): 5:42am On Apr 27, 2022
Smithkafors:
presidency is not ozo title or igwe title that is been rotated, fight and strive for it… nobody will give you on a platter of gold… NO IGBO PRESIDENT

12 Likes

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:42am On Apr 27, 2022
Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by tutudesz: 5:43am On Apr 27, 2022
undecided
Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by tawababiola: 5:43am On Apr 27, 2022
Same noni. No one can make Nigeria great. No this get peace
Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by adioolayi(m): 5:43am On Apr 27, 2022
Omo e ni ko ni se idi bebere, Ka fi ileke s'idi Omo e lo mi

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by TheRareGem1(f): 5:45am On Apr 27, 2022
This is no brainer

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by Dreamhighnow(m): 5:46am On Apr 27, 2022
Good
Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by Ceenachi: 5:46am On Apr 27, 2022
Alagabangebe Dapo
It is better you let the world knows where you belong too grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by Majikman(m): 5:46am On Apr 27, 2022
This one should work on his States road first before he opens his mouth to give nonsense support.

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by 4dchairman(m): 5:49am On Apr 27, 2022
Never ever in your lifetime trust a politician. No truth in them.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by AntiChristian: 5:51am On Apr 27, 2022
Even if the whole Ogun state supports PYO, BAT will still have majority in primaries!

It's still BAT vs AT come 2023.

We are still looking for something to destabilize the equilibrium.

I don't want any RCCGFICATION in Nigeria.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by mamaafrik(m): 5:52am On Apr 27, 2022
It's wel, this one that adaripon supo has joined the race.
That guy na just waste of ogun indigenes vote.

Buy your mifi with LAN port,with 2400mah battery � that last 12hours at 21k(last price) around lagos at import cost.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by wasuka14(m): 5:53am On Apr 27, 2022
Everyday i see PYO as a blatant betrayal. He can't become Nigeria President bet me. He was pushed to declared, and sabotage the rescue effort to save Nigeria. Clearly, those who think he can be manipulated are seriously behind him to divid Asiwaju vote in the south west and cause division. It's only the right thinking we understand what's going on. Osinbajo is a cabal wide cards. The more you look the less you see.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by seandurse(m): 5:54am On Apr 27, 2022
You hardly see home fan supporting away team except he's on bet

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid by aremuforlife(m): 5:56am On Apr 27, 2022
What do you expect the state governor of the vp to say?
Do you think dayo will pick Osinbajo over Tinubu? that is a big lie .
Just watch out as everything's unravel.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senator Danjuma Goje Declares Support For President Muhamad Buhari 2nd Term Bid / Lepers To President Buhari: You Abandoned Us After Helping You Win Elections / Adamu Garba: APC Wants To Impose Consensus Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.