Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions (27419 Views)

2023: Osinbajo, Amaechi, Ngige, Umahi, Bello Will Withdraw - Reno Omokri / Sowore: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Obi’s 2023 Ambitions Dead On Arrival / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Islie: 8:50am On Apr 27, 2022
• 30-day limit for resignation cancels Malami’s governorship ambition in Kebbi

A new guideline released by the leadership of All Progressives Congress (APC) yesterday has stipulated that all political appointees who aspire to participate in its primary elections at all levels must resign at least 30 days after the conduct of the primaries.

The new guideline automatically leaves some of President Muhammadu Buhari’s appointees like Transportation Minister, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi and his Labour counterpart, Chris Ngige, who are gunning for the 2023 presidency, with just three days to resign or forget their ambitions.

This is in consideration of the fact that the APC primary election for the presidency, according to the ruling party’s timetable has been scheduled to hold between May 30 and June 1.

By implication, the new guidelines have also put paid to the ambitions of other aspirants for different elective positions who have not resigned from their appointments as of yesterday (April 25).

Governorship, Senate, federal and state Assembly primary elections to select APC candidates for the general elections, according to the party’s timetable, will hold between May 18 and 23, meaning that appointees for such positions who are yet to resign by today would have lost whatever was left of their chances to contest in the primaries.

An official of the party who asked not to be named, last night, confirmed the development. He said presidential aspirants still occupying various appointive positions have up till the 30th of this month to resign their positions.

The official further explained that governorship aspirants occupying appointive positions who have not resigned before the 18th of this month are ineligible to vie for the governorship of their respective states.

“For those aspiring for presidential primaries, they have just four days from today (Tuesday) to step down because the Electoral Act stipulates that they must do so 30 days to the presidential primary on May 30.

“Those angling for the governorship who have not done so are out of it because the governorship primaries are scheduled to hold on the 18th of next month. This is in line with laid down rules and regulations,” he stated.

WITH this new guideline and stipulated time frame for resignation, the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, who is reported to be interested in the governorship position of his home state of Kebbi, no longer has a chance, as the new guideline has effectively cancelled his ambition.

Section 3(i) of the APC final guidelines for the conduct of primaries, states: “No political appointee at any level shall be a voting delegate or be voted for the purpose of the nomination of candidates. Any political office holder interested in contesting for an elective office shall leave office 30 days prior to the date of election or party primary for the office sought.”

https://guardian.ng/news/new-apc-guidelines-give-amaechi-ngige-72-hours-to-resign-or-forget-2023-ambition/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 27, 2022
here we go!! lets see if they will comply.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Parachoko: 8:51am On Apr 27, 2022
Fake news

This rule is not back by any law, the ministers still have time. They still have more than 30 days to decide.

9 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Rilwayne001: 8:52am On Apr 27, 2022
They’ll still not resign. Especially Amaechi.

Let’s watch as event unfold.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by ityP(m): 8:54am On Apr 27, 2022
Islie:

• 30-day limit for resignation cancels Malami’s governorship ambition in Kebbi

https://guardian.ng/news/new-apc-guidelines-give-amaechi-ngige-72-hours-to-resign-or-forget-2023-ambition/

Lalasticlala

Which part of the Electoral Act says they should resign 30 days before primary elections? I'm waiting for an answer. The person that wrote all that nonsense no get common sense grin

22 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Pauladex(m): 8:54am On Apr 27, 2022
Malami won't like this.

256 Likes 24 Shares

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by slinkky(m): 8:55am On Apr 27, 2022
It is now time to know those who are serious and noise makers

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Nigerialabalaba: 8:56am On Apr 27, 2022
Yeye indisciplined people. Malami don lose .Magu go laugh am tire.

7 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Maxymilliano(m): 8:57am On Apr 27, 2022
A new guideline released by the leadership of All Progressives Congress (APC) yesterday has stipulated that all political appointees who aspire to participate in its primary elections at all levels must resign at least 30 days after the conduct of the primaries.
30 days after or before primaries

30 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by PrinceOfLagos: 8:58am On Apr 27, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Yeye indisciplined people
Ashiere Tinubu top the list

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by ityP(m): 8:59am On Apr 27, 2022
Rilwayne001:
They’ll still not resign. Especially Amaechi.

Let’s watch as event unfold.

Fake news brother

2 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Nigerialabalaba: 9:03am On Apr 27, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Omo Igbo, face ur Daddy Atiku let Yoruba people face Tinubu.
Omo Igbo, mon key e o grin

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by EjaikreTheViper(f): 9:08am On Apr 27, 2022
We 30k amala and ewedu stipend collectors stand solidly behind our druggie baba. We cannot afford to lose the peanuts he throws at us once in a while

Signed,
HellAnus
Iragbiji ward 1,
Osun State.

12 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by AbijaJ: 9:17am On Apr 27, 2022
30-day limit for resignation cancels Malami’s governorship ambition in Kebbi

Seems Malami has shot himself in the foot now. He had a good chance of winning the Kebbi governorship, all he had to do was resign his position as attorney general and focus on the election. But greed no allow am.

13 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Nigerialabalaba: 9:20am On Apr 27, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Point of correction, I am not Igbo but I love the igbos

I am Yoruba
I am Ibile
Omo oodua ni mi tokan tokan
Omo Igbo o grin grin

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by juman(m): 9:20am On Apr 27, 2022
They should not leave their positions o.
That's my opinion.

1 Like

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Stevenson20: 9:21am On Apr 27, 2022
Joke of the century. If you people can be fooled, I refuse to be fooled. The whole system is totally corrupt.
They may resign, but in reality they'll still be taking their salaries and other entitlements. Ibrahim Magu is a case study.

THIS IS NIGERIA FOR YOU

5 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by alizma: 9:22am On Apr 27, 2022
If this is true, Malami is automatically cut off the governorship race without grace of 24hours to think over the guidelines but no one sees that as injustice. But I am very sure some people with 3days grace will still come here to tell how their brothers were steamed out of the race through "unjust" party guidelines

3 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Godjone(m): 9:22am On Apr 27, 2022
grin
As if the have any hope to the presidency before. Nonsense APC with useless presidential aspirants
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Opolopoopolonio: 9:22am On Apr 27, 2022
Gbam
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Brendaniel: 9:22am On Apr 27, 2022
The woes of the greedy thieves...

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by humberjade: 9:22am On Apr 27, 2022
I am sure Ngige will never resign, Amaechi will reluctantly do so. Running for Presidency as an ordinary citizen no be beans o...his allies will soon start shifting if endorsement no come. grin

9 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:23am On Apr 27, 2022
Who understands the law shouldn't have violated it.
This is just Wow.

I'm seeing Ngige, Nwajuba forfeiting their ambition with this development cheesy

"WITH this new guideline and stipulated time frame for resignation, the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, who is reported to be interested in the governorship position of his home state of Kebbi, no longer has a chance, as the new guideline has effectively cancelled his ambition".
PrinceOfLagos:

Same Tinubu whose shoe your father can not lace?
This loudmouthed boy wouldn't let us rest with his ipobism

253 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by sirsugar(m): 9:23am On Apr 27, 2022
Bunch of greedy thief's,I can't believe amaechi fearing to resign grin werey

4 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by PapaNnamdi: 9:23am On Apr 27, 2022
Resign and loose juicy salary and allowances for 10months grin cheesy grin

Awon oloshee criminals who have turned politics to retirement package

9 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 27, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Point of correction, I am not Igbo but I love the igbos

I am Yoruba
I am Ibile
Omo oodua ni mi tokan tokan
Se Tinubu gba iyawo baba e ni

12 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Way4orward: 9:25am On Apr 27, 2022
Mr. Run

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soludo Draws Battle Line Against Criminals / Enugu APC Chiefs Fight Over Ministerial Slot / Police Arrest Cow For Murder In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.