Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions (27445 Views)

2023: Osinbajo, Amaechi, Ngige, Umahi, Bello Will Withdraw - Reno Omokri / Sowore: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Obi’s 2023 Ambitions Dead On Arrival / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Parachoko: 9:46am On Apr 27, 2022
yetunsbay:
give us original news
Asking people to resign before they can buy the form is not backed by any law. So it is fake news.

1 Like

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Cajal(m): 9:47am On Apr 27, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Point of correction, I am not Igbo but I love the igbos

I am Yoruba
I am Ibile
Omo oodua ni mi tokan tokan
Fake Yoruba
Why can't you sell Ndigbo candidate rather than ranting on BAT
OMOLUABI KO KI N SE BAHH

1 Like

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by kennygreen(m): 9:47am On Apr 27, 2022
After or before?
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by fredoooooo: 9:48am On Apr 27, 2022
Thieves buy one get one free , dem no wan lose
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by ityP(m): 9:48am On Apr 27, 2022
Gozac:

My thought as well, even the superior constitution stipulates that they resign a month before the election, while the ambiguous electoral act says they must resign before primaries . There is no time frame for resignation mentioned in the electoral act

Don't mind the mumu that wrote that article in The Guardian grin
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by muykem: 9:51am On Apr 27, 2022
But this law is wicked. Resign a year before expiration of their tenure.
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by eldoradoxx: 9:54am On Apr 27, 2022
ityP:

Which part of the Electoral Act says they should resign 30 days before primary elections? I'm waiting for an answer. The person that wrote all that nonsense no get common sense grin
APC was smart in the new guideline for the primary election. While it refused to make reference to the controversial provisions of the Electoral Act which mandates persons seeking elective offices to resign 30 days prior to the primaries, APC has smartly made that as part of their own guidelines. Political party guidelines and constitution are strictly binding.

1 Like

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by waledeji(m): 9:55am On Apr 27, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
[code]
You had to modify my post so you will tag the mods to ban me?

I must have been giving you sleepless nights with the truth , wow grin
Nobody modified your post, that's what you posted you this coward

2 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by muykem: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2022
Amechi should scan his resignation letter to SGF since he's on the campaign movement. Buhari should allow me to manage the ministry of transportation for the remaining one year.
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by pharmagba: 9:57am On Apr 27, 2022
AbijaJ:

Seems Malami has shot himself in the foot now. He had a good chance of winning the governorship, all he had to do was resign his position as attorney general and focus on the election. But greed no allow am.

Not only greed
For Malami he knows all the rot in the judicial system and he keep thinking of using the failed system to miggle his way through.

He may has met his Waterloo but let's wait and see

1 Like

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by 9gerian: 9:57am On Apr 27, 2022
You mean some aspirants will not be able to use government resources to facilitate their political ambitions?

That is good news for the Nigerian state.
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by ityP(m): 9:58am On Apr 27, 2022
eldoradoxx:

APC was smart in the new guideline for the primary election. While it refused to make reference to the controversial provisions of the Electoral Act which mandates persons seeking elective offices to resign 30 days prior to the primaries, APC has smartly made that as part of their own guidelines. Political party guidelines and constitution are strictly binding.

Show me the guidelines abeg. Few days to primary elections, and they bring out guidelines? Lmao. Things are not done like that abeg grin
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by duduade: 10:00am On Apr 27, 2022
muykem:
But this law is wicked. Resign a year before expiration of their tenure.

Exactly what I wanted to point out

They will never want to miss out on the outrageous salaries and allowances and benefits
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by jaxxy(m): 10:00am On Apr 27, 2022
Apc can't dictate to the constitution of Nigeria
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Jostoman: 10:01am On Apr 27, 2022
EjaikreTheViper:
We 30k amala and ewedu stipend collectors stand solidly behind our druggie baba. We cannot afford to lose the peanuts he throws at us once in a while

Signed,
HellAnus
Iragbiji ward 1,
Osun State.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by omoadeleye(m): 10:02am On Apr 27, 2022
juman:
They should not leave their positions o.
That's my opinion.

Uhm, are you being ignorant or what?
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by jaxxy(m): 10:02am On Apr 27, 2022
Rilwayne001:
They’ll still not resign. Especially Amaechi.

Let’s watch as event unfold.

Apc wants to twist the Nigerian constitution. Nobody will resign.
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by AbijaJ: 10:07am On Apr 27, 2022
MadamExcellency:
Why hasn't Tinubu resigned from his de facto office as APC Chieftain?

Na Tinubu be your own headache in life, even though the matter no concern am, you still had to involve him in it just to have something to say.

3 Likes

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by muykem: 10:09am On Apr 27, 2022
alizma:
If this is true, Malami is automatically cut off the governorship race without grace of 24hours to think over the guidelines but no one sees that as injustice. But I am very sure some people with 3days grace will still come here to tell how their brothers were steamed out of the race through "unjust" party guidelines
That's not injustice, this is law that everybody is aware of. Malami worked seriously to remove the section of the law instead of him to resign but failed.
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by hope4nigeria(m): 10:11am On Apr 27, 2022
ityP:

Oga, leave insults and point me to where in the Electoral Act, does it say political appointees should resign 30 days before primary elections. If you can't, Na Ogun go kill your papa grin
my sure name is OGUN! so let the old man rest, if you have common sense, you should know combining campaign and national duty is a fowl game. God bless your mama, and thunder fire you
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by elfiddy(m): 10:16am On Apr 27, 2022
What of Governors aspiring to be president.
Is it only ministers that must resign?

Islie:

• 30-day limit for resignation cancels Malami’s governorship ambition in Kebbi

https://guardian.ng/news/new-apc-guidelines-give-amaechi-ngige-72-hours-to-resign-or-forget-2023-ambition/

Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by odesus49(m): 10:19am On Apr 27, 2022
very nice to hear, i wish other political parties will adopt such too.
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by ityP(m): 10:26am On Apr 27, 2022
hope4nigeria:
my sure name is OGUN! so let the old man rest, if you have common sense, you should know combining campaign and national duty is a fowl game. God bless your mama, and thunder fire you

But presidents and vice presidents can combine campaign and national duty, e be like you no get common sense grin. I'm not even talking from a side of morality. I just asked you to show me where in the Electoral Act does it say they should resign 30 days before primaries. Simple question, but you're masturbating on my reply.
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Nkpitime(m): 10:35am On Apr 27, 2022
Islie:

A new guideline released by the leadership of All Progressives Congress (APC) yesterday has stipulated that all political appointees who aspire to participate in its primary elections at all levels must resign at least 30 days after the conduct of the primaries.

The new guideline automatically leaves some of President Muhammadu Buhari’s appointees like Transportation Minister, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi and his Labour counterpart, Chris Ngige, who are gunning for the 2023 presidency, with just three days to resign or forget their ambitions.[b][/b]

your post is misleading read the first two paragraphs again
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Ultimas: 10:42am On Apr 27, 2022
Our politicians always show self-centredness. They want to eat their cake and have it.
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Allisgud: 10:43am On Apr 27, 2022
Only if they can enforce this laws make we know noise making greedy and selfish politicians
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by haffaze777(m): 10:44am On Apr 27, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Omo Igbo, face ur Daddy Atiku let Yoruba people face Tinubu.
Omo Igbo, mon key e o grin

He's fatherless
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by lagosrd: 10:51am On Apr 27, 2022
Inec will not use APC guideline
Re: New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions by Yankee101: 10:52am On Apr 27, 2022
Malami targeted successfully

Imagine saying he'll give each citizen 1m if he is elected. APC lies are supersonic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto / Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos / Arrest: Rochas Okorocha College Students Protest Across Nigeria (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.