Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Funny Beliefs We Used To Have - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Funny Beliefs We Used To Have (1430 Views)

Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. / Funny Beliefs We Used To Have (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Beliefs We Used To Have by GDex1(m): 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2011
I could remember life as a kid. There were certain funny beliefs we used to have, things like:
*when you sneeze, it is someone somewhere calling your name
*when u hit your leg on a stone, it means you are gonna have problem where you are going.
Please share yours and tell us how true / false they are.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Used To Have by sweeti14(f): 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2011
There was this one people used to say in my primary school then. They said when rain falls and the sun is shining at the same time a lion is giving birth somewhere  grin grin. . . . there was also this one of if you eat mango and drink garri after you will die lol grin
Re: Funny Beliefs We Used To Have by Ferya(f): 6:11pm On Jul 10, 2011
When your eyelash shakes they will tell you, you will see an important person.
When you spit in the toilet you will have throat pain.
They are all superstitious nonsense but works the moment you believe.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Used To Have by timbros(m): 10:36am On Jul 12, 2011
While licking orange, if u mistakenly swallow the seed, u will have an orange tree germinate on ur head, lol
Re: Funny Beliefs We Used To Have by dohyn(m): 2:35pm On Jul 12, 2011
Also,if u r a boy nd u get beaten wit a broom,ur p***s will be small,
Re: Funny Beliefs We Used To Have by sweeti14(f): 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2011
dohyn:

Also,if u r a boy nd u get beaten wit a broom,your p***s will be small,
lmao i remember this one. . . . all i had to do to get guyz to do something was to threaten them with a broomstick grin grin
Re: Funny Beliefs We Used To Have by DBestDoc(f): 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2011
There's this one that if u wear your clothes wrongly,u'll have goodluck.lol grin grin
Re: Funny Beliefs We Used To Have by MeGaStReEt: 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2011
sweeti14:

There was this one people used to say in my primary school then. They said when rain falls and the sun is shining at the same time a lion is giving birth somewhere  grin grin. . . . there was also this one of if you eat mango and drink garri after you will die lol grin

lol. i remember this.

I still believe it though
Re: Funny Beliefs We Used To Have by clemcykul(f): 9:46am On Jul 14, 2011
when ur teacher flogs u, rub beans on the area, the teachers hands will swell beyond recognition ehhehe

when u want someone to forget something, pull ur eyelash and place it on ur head, . this works for me all the time, till date i do it wink

when you eat with ur left hand, no one will marry u lol , mom tells me this grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny Beliefs We Used To Have by Omolola1(f): 10:40am On Jul 14, 2011
sittin beside a boy or even talking to him wud get u pregnant
Re: Funny Beliefs We Used To Have by MeGaStReEt: 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2011
Omolola1:

sittin beside a boy or even talking to him wud get u pregnant

LWTMB
Re: Funny Beliefs We Used To Have by GDex1(m): 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
clemcykul:
when ur teacher flogs u, rub beans on the area, the teachers hands will swell beyond recognition ehhehe
when u want someone to forget something, pull ur eyelash and place it on ur head, . this works for me all the time, till date i do it wink
when you eat with ur left hand, no one will marry u lol , mom tells me this grin grin grin grin
quite funny grin

(1) (Reply)

Family Friendly Contemporary Nigerian Music ? / 7 Tips For Reviving Your Sex Life After Having A Baby / I Have Just Lost My Job - What Can I Do Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.