Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. (1985 Views)

Some silly Things Some Guys Still Do Their Sisters In The Name Of "Big Bro" / Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories / Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
Oh the sweet innocence of childhood.
When we were kids i used to believe

that kids fall from the sky
Into mommy's tummy of course. smiley
You know after she and daddy held hands and prayed then they'll go to bed and the baby will fall spiritually into mommy's tummy. grin grin

that the boogey man comes if we cry at night
Our dad would threaten to call the boogey man A.K.A ojuju calabar if we cry or make noise at night. Y'all need to see how very quiet we'd become afterwards. lipsrsealed

that throwing our tooth up the roof would make it grow again
So a fallen tooth is careful tossed up the roof while we we wait for it to somehow get into our mouths and grow again
Wow. How gullible we were as kids.

Add yours. grin
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 29, 2013
that the shadow image on the moon was a man who was breaking firewood on xmas day.. grin
if want to be tall, stand on top of a chair and swallow coconut seed... grin

funny memories..
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 29, 2013
Dr. Joe:
that the shadow image on the moon was a man who was breaking firewood on xmas day.. grin
if want to be tall, stand on top of a chair and swallow coconut seed... grin

funny memories..
yes I remember that.hahaha.
The man in the moon. grin
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
I thought there was a similar thread some time ago. Anyways, here are mine
Spitting into the toilet would cause Sore throat
Swallowing of orange seeds would make them grow into a tree from within us
babies developed in the womb due to overfeeding
Combining Mango and Fanta would result in death

So many, would update if I remember more.
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
"If u eat the skin of mango, you'll die" grin
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by crackhaus: 8:56pm On Oct 29, 2013
Coconut water is only meant for adults and if children drink it, they will become dundee and not know book again... undecided
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by onila(f): 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2013
if u drink coke after eating mango, u will die
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by onila(f): 9:06pm On Oct 29, 2013
u dont look under-between yr legs when walking in the market

or else u wld be slapped by a witch
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by onila(f): 9:07pm On Oct 29, 2013
swallowing bubble-chewing gum will tangle yr intestines
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 29, 2013
onila: u dont look under-between yr legs when walking in the market

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by crackhaus: 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2013

Or see spirits walking on their head undecided
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by chineloSA(f): 9:19pm On Oct 29, 2013
Tooth ferry.

When you loose a tooth, you put it in a shoe and slide it under your bed and the tooth ferry will collect it and leave money grin grin grin grin grin

Such silly stuff. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I believed it.
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by onila(f): 9:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
crackhaus:
Or see spirits walking on their head undecided
or u will see pple in the market walking on air

trust me, till today. .i will never try it

why wld i wanna bend down to look under between legs in the market tongue undecided
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Enkaynwa(f): 9:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
If someone bite you, rub chicken feaces on it & all the person's teeth will fall off.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by onila(f): 9:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
chineloSA:
Tooth ferry.

When you loose a tooth, you put it in a shoe and slide it under your bed and the tooth ferry will collect it and leave money grin grin grin grin grin

Such silly stuff. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I believed it.

its my mum that puts the money under my pillow grin

she stopped when i was like 8
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by chineloSA(f): 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
onila: its my mum that puts the money under my pillow grin

she stopped when i was like 8

It didn't do any justice to my intelligence grin grin grin grin grin grin

No free trade at all. The ferry took my tooth and left whatever, no agreement cheesy cheesy cheesy smd
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2013
Enkaynwa: If someone bite you, rub chicken feaces on it & all the person's teeth will fall off.
LMAO!!! grin
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by crackhaus: 10:23pm On Oct 29, 2013
onila: or u will see pple in the market walking on air

why wld i wanna bend down to look under between legs in the market tongue undecided
I wonder!

Some crazy-naughty kids would try it though, just to see what happens tongue
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by laykhorn(m): 12:28am On Oct 30, 2013
onila: or u will see pple in the market walking on air

That thing was one of my strangest belief till now grin Oh! I meant back then.
Unfortunately, a friend tried it and he was shaking till someone pushed him. He was in the hospital for like a week.
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 30, 2013
laykhorn:
That thing was one of my strangest belief till now grin Oh! I meant back then.
Unfortunately, a friend tried it and he was shaking till someone pushed him. He was in the hospital for like a week.
ROTFL

That your friend get mind o. Even now I don't know if I've stopped beleiving that. grin

When we were kids they said don't look into the mirror at night.else you'd see spirits. smiley
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 30, 2013
crackhaus: Coconut water is only meant for adults and if children drink it, they will become dundee and not know book again... undecided
yes that too.
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by nbright: 8:52am On Oct 30, 2013

Tried it when I went to saturday market @ Rumuomasi in P/H.. I was slapped alright... But fortunately not by a spirit/witch..
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by nbright: 8:58am On Oct 30, 2013
lorretta u: When we were kids they said don't look into the mirror at night.else you'd see spirits. smiley
When I was a kid, I was so mischievious that many thing they asked me not to do, I do... I looked inside the mirror, drank the communion wine, ate the communion (my friends were mass servers)... I am just suprised that I am now a very quiet guy now that I am old.. God really saved me
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 30, 2013
KingMEXX: Swallowing of orange seeds would make them grow into a tree from within us
I was fond of swallowing udara(agbalumo) seed. To see if it would grow in my tummy.that's how much I loved the fruit then. grin grin
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 30, 2013
nbright: Tried it when I went to saturday market @ Rumuomasi in P/H.. I was slapped alright... But fortunately not by a spirit/witch..
I'm sure it was a lady who slapped u. She probably thought u were a perv. grin curiosity kills the cat.
nbright: When I was a kid, I was so mischievious that many thing they asked me not to do, I do... I looked inside the mirror, drank the communion wine, ate the communion (my friends were mass servers)... I am just suprised that I am now a very quiet guy now that I am old.. God really saved me
you what!
Oh no. embarassed u stole the communion wine?

You must have been very naughty n stubborn
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Swaggot00(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2013
-Magicians knew how to cut people in half when
they were in a box
-Boys are monkeys girls are princesses(reverse is the case now tho)
-You can fly if you flap your arms harder
-If you were over 20 you were old
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by crackhaus: 9:28am On Oct 30, 2013
lorretta u: I was fond of swallowing udara(agbalumo) seed. To see if it would grow in my tummy.that's how much I loved the fruit then. grin grin
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by crackhaus: 9:34am On Oct 30, 2013
Swaggot00:
-Boys are monkeys girls are princesses (reverse is the case now tho)
Please elaborate undecided
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 30, 2013
crackhaus:
Please elaborate undecided
I was about telling him same too.

Oga elaborate pls.
Tenk
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 30, 2013
crackhaus:
shocked shocked shocked shocked
oh you have no idea.the love of udara. grin
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by CircleOfWilis: 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
jst came by ur thread to tell u i am sowie!
Re: Silly Things We Used To Believe As Kids. by Nnekacherry: 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
When i was small i actually believed i will be my mum when i grow up..
Whenever i look at her pretty face and height and looked at small me, i will smile to myself,
because there is hope..
I was always asking her when i'm going to grow up.. Lol.
Now when i remember that, it makes me laugh.. How can somebody grow up to be another person.. Kids..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Signs That Your Husband Is Sleeping With Your Househelp / Life And Death Matter.pls Your Opinion Is Needed / Wife, Sister And Mother - I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.