Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? (1214 Views)

Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm / Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa / Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by Adiob200(m): 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2022
Now that government has announced open of border, how much is price of rice and other food items in your state..hope they are coming down
Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by dominique(f): 2:14pm On Apr 27, 2022
Don't expect changes in prices until about a week at least. I doubt if the prices will come down until after the Sallah festival next week

2 Likes

Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by lazkizz(m): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2022
dominique:
Don't expect changes in prices until about a week at least. I doubt if the prices will come down until after the Sallah festival next week
Nigeria na we be our own wahala
Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by eteebanky1: 3:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
What about the ban buhari placed on food items, it is still in place

1 Like

Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by cutedharmee: 3:12pm On Apr 27, 2022
Haven't bought recently
Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by shariff84: 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2022
eteebanky1:
What about the ban buhari placed on food items, it is still in place
yes nau,rice is still contraband.

1 Like

Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by benzion72(m): 8:41pm On Apr 27, 2022
Don't expect any reasonable change in price. Bubu met Dollar at 280 it is now 580
Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by IamAsiri: 11:28pm On Apr 27, 2022
benzion72:
Don't expect any reasonable change in price. Bubu met Dollar at 280 it is now 580

Point of correction: he met dollar at less than 200 cheesy.

4 Likes

Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by Saintinoo(m): 7:44am On Apr 28, 2022
Adiob200:
Now that government has announced open of border, how much is price of rice and other food items in your state..hope they are coming down
Maybe you guys are misunderstanding this border something, Buhari government places a ban on importation of rice and other food items, it has nothing to do with opening or closing of borders.

The opening of borders us for other items not rice.

1 Like

Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by nautybride: 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2022
Don't bother about the border because our northern broiler leader isn't bothered about what is bothering the bothered.
Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by Maryam1234(f): 9:43pm On Apr 28, 2022
I think the idea behind the border reopening is to facilitate trade between Nigeria and it's neighbors vis-a-vis.As per price reduction, it's going to be a gradual rather than,an immediate process.
Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by mfm04622: 6:00am On Apr 30, 2022
shariff84:
yes nau,rice is still contraband.

Rice was never banned by Buhari! You can import all the rice you want through the land borders. importation of rice through land border is what is banned
Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by mfm04622: 6:17am On Apr 30, 2022
Saintinoo:

Maybe you guys are misunderstanding this border something, Buhari government places a ban on importation of rice and other food items, it has nothing to do with opening or closing of borders.

The opening of borders us for other items not rice.

You can always import rice through seaports. That was never banned
Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by SLOVFO(m): 8:20am On Apr 30, 2022
mfm04622:

Really! I thought rice importation was banned by this administration?
Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by mfm04622: 8:31am On Apr 30, 2022
SLOVFO:

Really! I thought rice importation was banned by this administration?

No! They only banned importation through land border

1 Like

Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by Saintinoo(m): 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2022
mfm04622:

I don't know where you are typing this from, but please kindly open. a shop of foreign rice, when custom visit you, tell them that you can import rice through seaports.

1 Like

Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by mfm04622: 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2022
Saintinoo:

I don't know where you are typing this from, but please kindly open. a shop of foreign rice, when custom visit you, tell them that you can import rice through seaports.

Bring evidence that foreign rice is banned in Nigeria. I was in the market this week and I priced rice. Both foreign and local.
Govt want rice importers to pay duty on it. If they see you bringing in rice through land border, they automatically know it is smuggled.

1 Like

Re: Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? by Acidbath: 3:05pm On May 04, 2022
angry

(1) (Reply)

I Need Somebody Conversant With The Cattle Market In Niger Republic And Sokoto / Please Does Anyone Know Where I Can Carry Out A Soil Fertility Test..??? / Broilers Chicken In Eight Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.