Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,022 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order (13636 Views)

Ministerial Resignation Order: Buhari Has Power To Remove Ministers- Lai (Video) / APC 3-man Congress Committee Escaped Being Lynched By Angry Aspirants In Asaba / You Can’t Compare APC 3 Years With Pdp’s 16 Years – VP Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by powerfulguy: 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2022
—Says Section 84 (12) of Electoral Act has been struck down by court
—Adds: My supporters‘re raising N50m to support him for presidential form

The Minister of Labour and Employment and one of the leading presidential aspirants seeking to be the All Progressives Congress, APC, candidate in the 2023 presidential election, Senator Chris Ngige has denied knowledge of any order emanating from the ruling party ordering political appointees interested in contesting elections next year to resign their appointments.

Senator Ngige also said that even if there is any order to that effect, it has not been conveyed to him and that there is a subsisting judgment from competent court of jurisdiction striking down the judgment.

Speaking to Vanguard in Abuja on Wednesday, Ngige, who was a former governor of Anambra State said that since section 84 (12) has been challenged in court and judgment entered into, the judgment should be obeyed until it is vacated by the court.

Asked his position on the APC leadership order that political office holders interested in contesting elections in 2023 should resign within 72 hours, Ngige said, “I don’t know about that I’m hearing for the first time from you.

“But like I always say, I’ll be guided by the letters and spirit of the constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria. You are pushing me into something that is not necessary to discuss, because that aspect of the law enacted by the National Assembly, via the Electoral Act, that section 84:12 has been struck down by a court of law and the case is on appeal.

“And for now, no matter how bad the judgment is, that’s the maximum jurisprudence no matter how bad a judgment of court is, it should be obeyed, until upturned or stayed. But there is no stay, that particular pronouncement has not been upturned, and the party is on appeal.

“So the judgment is still subsisting, that aspect of the law was injurious to some persons and should not have been there. I also know that the Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria in certain sections, section 107, 137 and 88, prescribe disqualification clauses for people who are going for election and that prescription is supreme, because it’s in the constitution and the constitution is the grand norm of all laws.”

But reminded that there is from his party, the APC for those occupying political positions and interested in the forthcoming elections to resign, he said, “No, it’s not there. It is not in the works at all. But I will make for a consultation with a party, I find out.”

Asked why the APC went ahead to tell political office holders of the party to throw in the towel if they are contesting elections when there is a subsisting court judgment that has not been vacated, he said, “I have not seen that pronouncement from the party. I have not seen any release from the party. It has not been conveyed to me or to anybody. I’m an aspirant, I’m a presidential aspirant. So I’ll find out and if it is true, I would then know what to do.”

Asked his comment on the condemnations that have trailed the fixing of the APC’s presidential form for N100 million, which has been said to be outrageous by some Nigerians, he said people were free to express their views.

Senator Ngige said that he had earlier budgeted N50 million for the party’s presidential form, but has to contact his supporters to help him raise the N100 million needed.

He said, “Well, that is the people’s views. I had said earlier that I made a budget for N50 million, and is now N100 million. So I have discussed with my supporters, and they are raising the money to augment whatever is before now. So when they finish augmentation, I believe that we’ll get up to N100 million so that we can purchase our form.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/im-not-aware-of-apcs-3-days-resignation-order-ngige/

1 Like

Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by Nigerialabalaba: 5:08pm On Apr 27, 2022
unruly low budget apc presidential aspirant. shiorr.

All of dem wey be say na Jagaban raise dia hands up wey con dey form macho man.
Jagaban go beat dem all las las.

Awon odale gbogbo led by odale ore Yemi Osinbajo-Odale

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by limeta(f): 5:09pm On Apr 27, 2022
You not aware of any thing
Not even the world is not flat.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by cktheluckyman: 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2022
grin grin grin Tinubu and his people will soon die of highpertension grin grin

I beleive Buhari has a game plan with this plethora of presidential aspirants in APC.Even those that cant win councillor seat are spending N100M to pick nomination form.

Something is definitely cooking

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by cktheluckyman: 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2022
But he is actualy right.The judgement of the FHC Umuahia is yet to be upturned and I dont see Injustice tank the hatchet man kicking against it

7 Likes

Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by Dollarremix(m): 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2022
Nigerians don suffer from all this shinanigans politicians hands.

3 Likes

Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by WiszyFraud: 7:07pm On Apr 27, 2022
Did you know??

Just 2½ hours a day for 6 months:

• 30 minutes at the gym
• 1 hour reading a good book
• 1 hour learning a skill in high demand

Do these & watch your life level up.

✌️

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by igorr(m): 7:07pm On Apr 27, 2022
That is what osibanjo and ngige are doing also. It's not a crime in politics.

1 Like

Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2022
So Ngige don't even know about the electoral law and one Oworonsoki political analyst over here has take it upon himself to enlighten the masses while one of our political appointee feign ignorance.

Nigeria is beautiful

1 Like

Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by kayuseful: 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2022
Pele o
Dey there dey claim ignorance

When you know you're not serious about any presidential ambition, twists like this don't matter to you. After all you know you can't
even come 3rd

1 Like

Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by kingemaker(m): 7:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
Huh?

Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by Klington: 7:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
cool
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by ATEAMS: 7:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
E b things
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by Digixtreme: 7:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
Shior
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by McOluOmo: 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2022
My friend, take a bow and stop wasting the time....

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by Adroxtt6: 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2022
I'm hosting a Free Whatsap group class in regards to Domain flipping..

Let me teach you How to make sustainable cash income for yourself easily by reselling expired domain name's online including the tools to get you started too..

If you're interested, send a text via whatsaaap to the number in my signature, personal text or Profile...

It is Free!
See you at the Top.
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by tonysunkan: 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2022
You better go and find out. Ignorance is no excuse.
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by Bosenan: 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2022
These people think we are fools with all these "my supporters donate, comtributed, bought form" for me rhetorics, bubu talk pass that one for hin time.

Meanwhile, mods modify the topic on the front page
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by Ezedon(m): 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2022
You are not informed too??
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by BeardGangJnr1(m): 7:13pm On Apr 27, 2022
Is apc aware of anything
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by VillagePipu: 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2022
Nigga doesn't want to resign. He knows he isn't going anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by tojahh(m): 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2022
Nhihe?
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2022
Ok. Fingers crossed.
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by freesoul12: 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2022
Adroxtt6:
I'm hosting a Free Whatsap group class in regards to Domain flipping..

Let me teach you How to make sustainable cash income for yourself easily by reselling expired domain name's online including the tools to get you started too..

If you're interested, send a text via whatsaaap to the number in my signature, personal text or Profile...

It is Free!
See you at the Top.

Baba wan scam u. Becareful guys.
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by derecho(m): 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2022
Why are you crying more than the bereaved? Even Tinubu don deny say hin no call Osinbajo Odale. O si n gege sehin...you better double up, the Odale kite no dey fly again... Na Tawar abi tawaf /religion dem wan use now...no allow Molue leave you o
Nigerialabalaba:
unruly low budget apc presidential aspirant. shiorr.

All of dem wey be say na Jagaban raise dia hands up wey con dey form macho man.
Jagaban go beat dem all las las.

Awon odale gbogbo led by odale ore Yemi Osinbajo-Odale
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by HitRun(m): 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2022
You can't eat your cake and have it! Resign if you are serious! grin grin
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by osazsky(m): 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2022
U are not awear that ssanu and assu are on strike
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by Tareq1105: 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2022
limeta:
You not aware of any thing
Not even the world is not flat.

He's not contesting. Na Ibo man with Ibo sense.

All this declaration of intention to run na lie. Na camouflage. He's aware there's nothing for him. Have you heard or watch him consulting and meeting delegates in any state?

Na Ibo sense. He's waiting for those who're raising the remaining #50m. Ibo man and fish brain.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by Allisgud: 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2022
U don hear am now,ur 3 days don start greedy fool,u want to eat ur cake and still have it on the plate
Re: Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order by BJanta: 7:19pm On Apr 27, 2022
powerfulguy:
—Says Section 84 (12) of Electoral Act has been struck down by court
—Adds: My supporters‘re raising N50m to support him for presidential form

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/im-not-aware-of-apcs-3-days-resignation-order-ngige/

Lazy fellow. All these petty presidential aspirants think that they are applying to attend a tea party. Indolent laggards.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yobe Students’ Killers Will Go To Hell - GEJ / EFCC Insists On Power To Intervene In Innoson, Gtbank Dispute / Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.