Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? (563 Views)

Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin / Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally / 'I Don't Help Single Mothers' - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by socialmediaman: 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2022
According to Reno Omokri with specific reference to Exodus 21:10

"Polygamy is Scriptural-Exodus 21:10. It is hard for a single woman to satisfy the libido of a normal man. It is why we have a high rate of cheating in our society. Compare the rate of adultery in Europe and America, with that of Saudi Arabia and point becomes clear"

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1519362824736284673?s=20&t=3Gw3Xq8MsFFA4b5EhY0pWA

Exodus 21:10 (English Standard Version)
"If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights".

What are your thoughts?

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Malory: 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2022
Our forefathers married more than one wife and they were happy

1 Like

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Aonkuuse(m): 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
They will tell you new testament abolish it
Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by rickpat(m): 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2022
old testament...YES

New testament..NO, IT'S SEEN AS ADULTERY

3 Likes

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2022
When I say the Bible support misogyny people say I am crazy.
The Bible support polygamy but does not support polyandry?
Imagine say na woman been do wetin yul do I swear we for no hear word for social Media again but guess what everyone feel we men are Superior and that anything we do is always right and cannot be objected.
Very bad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by socialmediaman: 6:57pm On Apr 27, 2022
For the records, polygamy is illegal in many parts of world including the US, Canada, UK, Germany etc, and could be punishable by fine or imprisonment
Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Armaggedon: 6:57pm On Apr 27, 2022
Let's not narrow Yul edochie's case to polygamy.

Was it not adultery that lead to his marriage?

7 Likes

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by gaby(m): 7:00pm On Apr 27, 2022
I could care less about any of the reasons Reno alluded to up there.

The simple truth is, when you look around you and take a statistics of births per sexes, you'd find out that for every 1 male births, there'd have been at least 5-female births. This is so, because the female is life and brings life. Hence, to continue to perpetuate and keep life going, the vessels (female) of life have to outnumber the sperm banks (male).

Life wasn't designed for a one-man one woman ish...those who introduced this concept are already feeling the brunt and affects of it with their ageing and waning population.

If the birth ratio is 5 females before 1 male birth, what would happen to the remaining 4 females?

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by flyking: 7:04pm On Apr 27, 2022
Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Nezzjnr: 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2022
This Guy should know that there are some aspects of life he needs to go silent on... You don't go about contributing on different issues.

Leviticus 18:18
You shall not marry a woman in addition to her sister as a rival while she is alive, to uncover her unclothedness.

1 Corinthians 7:2
But because of immoralities, each man is to have his own wife, and each woman is to have her own husband

1 Timothy 3:2
An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

1kings 11:1-4
Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Maxymilliano(m): 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2022
I noticed all his reference were from old testament, the New testament is against it.

1 Corinthians 7:2 - Each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. Not wives, not husbands.

Therefore, two shall become one. Not three shall become one, TWO.

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by DSC7: 7:56pm On Apr 27, 2022
Confused self acclaimed pastor..

#One man one wife

1 Like

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Richy4(m): 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2022
It's not really new.. Some people tend to quote the scriptures just to achieve one selfish reasons or the other embarassed...

1 Like

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by emmanuelbrown26: 8:12pm On Apr 27, 2022
Our forefathers married more than one woman, heaven did not fall.
If a woman feels so cheated by a man in getting married to d second one, she should simply relocate to her fathers house.
Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Beremx(f): 8:52pm On Apr 27, 2022
will take Reno Omokri seriously when he marries a second wife.
Btw, I read online that the so called second wife has two grown up kids
Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2022
Malory:
Where the many wives themselves happy? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Malory: 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where the many wives themselves happy? undecided
Yes
Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2022
Malory:
Yes
Who tell you that one? The stories I have heard, from some of the wives themselves, were not so pretty. undecided

Even children born and raised in such homes have mostly stories of psychological to relay. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by JovialJune(f): 10:50pm On Apr 27, 2022
[s]
gaby:
I could care less about any of the reasons Reno alluded to up there.

The simple truth is, when you look around you and take a statistics of births per sexes, you'd find out that for every 1 male births, there'd have been at least 5-female births. This is so, because the female is life and brings life. Hence, to continue to perpetuate and keep life going, the vessels (female) of life have to outnumber the sperm banks (male).

Life wasn't designed for a one-man one woman ish...those who introduced this concept are already feeling the brunt and affects of it with their ageing and waning population.

If the birth ratio is 5 females before 1 male birth, what would happen to the remaining 4 females?

[/s]

Google should help you know that men are more than women in the world, so your nonsense analysis used as an excuse for polygamy and adultery is useless and baseless.

4 Likes

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by DonroxyII: 10:51pm On Apr 27, 2022
Malory:
Were the Women Happy
Women Suffered alot in the Olden Days

Marriage comes with alot of Sorrow for them all, the Cries and the Hues with Clashes with Mother in laws and the Entire Husband Families ... You dare not complain to your own families, It was believed that Marriage comes with Sufferness which You shall reap from your children:

No Sexual Fulfillment No Shee .....

Nonetheless, Polygamous is the answer provided Man has the mental Prowess to Manage himself talkless of Managing One Woman and Two three More

Abuse of Womanhood is Loading in 3Dimensions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by JovialJune(f): 11:00pm On Apr 27, 2022
DonroxyII:
Were the Women Happy
Women Suffered alot in the Olden Days

Marriage comes with alot of Sorrow for them all, the Cries and the Hues with Clashes with Mother in laws and the Entire Husband Families ... You dare not complain to your own families, It was believed that Marriage comes with Sufferness which You shall reap from your children:

No Sexual Fulfillment No Shee .....

Nonetheless, Polygamous is the answer provided Man has the mental Prowess to Manage himself talkless of Managing One Woman and Two three More

Abuse of Womanhood is Loading in 3Dimensions.

Leave them they should continue comparing ancestors of then to this generation, these are the same people that will create threads of diabolical fights due to properties in their polygamous family, some are still nursing generational curses passed down to them from the time of their ancestors, and they think polygamy is a good thing, fools supporting Yul will never wish same for their female siblings or daughters, polygamy doesn't even stop their diicks from wandering outside o, sad lots.

4 Likes

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by DonroxyII: 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2022
JovialJune:

Leave them they should continue comparing ancestors of then to this generation, these are the same people that will create threads of diabolical fights due to properties in their polygamous family, some are still nursing generational curses passed down to them from the time of their ancestors, and they think polygamy is a good thing, fools supporting Yul will never wish same for their female siblings or daughters, polygamy doesn't even stop their diicks from wandering outside o, sad lots.
Truth is not many Man like One woman those with just one have multiple side chicks in our contemporary societies:
Regardless of the system of government and economy, Sex is like Food in most Societies including those highly regulated.

Only a Discipline and Purposeful Man keeps to One Woman even at that Life happens :

That's why the Society is like this and there is nothing that can be done to it biologically because men with Money have serious sex easily afforadable while Men With Poverty also utilise sex as a tool to cure their Depressions also easily contactable:

Nevertheless, Baby Mama is a Bad thing ... No Woman put to Pregnancy must be made to Raise the Baby alone:
No Child should be born without his/her father in his/her Life provided such Man is Alive and Capable of being a Father!
No woman should be put to Pregnancy by any Man without the Man taking full responsibilities and performing full Husband/Father duties ...
This must be legalised invariably Legalising Polygamy

What do You think ?
Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by JovialJune(f): 11:18pm On Apr 27, 2022
DonroxyII:
Truth is not many Man like One woman those with just one have multiple side chicks :

Only a Discipline and Purposeful Man keeps to One Woman even at that Life happens :

That's why the Society is like this and there is nothing that can be done to it biologically because when with Money have serious sex and Men With Poverty also utilise sex as a tool to cure their Depressions :

Nevertheless, Baby Mama is a Bad thing ... No Child should be born without his/her father in his/her Life and No woman should be put to Pregnancy by any Man without the Man taking full responsibilities and performing full Husband duties ... This must be legalised invariably Legalising Polygamy

What do You think ?

I think that men should know themselves, know yourselves enough to know what you are capable of in the next 5,10,15,20 years cos nobody likes surprises in marriage, it is not nice to expect someone to endure bullshit because of your mistakes

So before you take a step to marry a woman and you know you are a poor man, if you know money can change you from a faithful man to a wandering diick just like Yul, tell your intended that you are polygamous in nature, don't deceive a woman into monogamy and expect everywhere to be nice and dandy when you bring another woman home, not all women stay and be nice, some will stay and deal.with you, some will even leave and still deal with you because you altered the course of their life, and besides there are more cases of terrible stories of polygamous family, in fact I've never seen or heard of a happy polygamous home, they are very rare.

3 Likes

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by DonroxyII: 11:27pm On Apr 27, 2022
JovialJune:

I think that men should know themselves, know yourselves enough to know what you are capable of in the next 5,10,15,20 years cos nobody likes surprises in marriage, it is not nice to expect someone to endure bullshit because of your mistakes

So before you take a step to marry a woman and you know you are a poor man, if you know money can change you from a faithful man to a wandering diick just like Yul, tell your intended that you are polygamous in nature, don't deceive a woman into monogamy and expect everywhere to be nice and dandy when you bring another woman home, not all women stay and be nice, some will stay and deal.with you, some will even leave and still deal with you because you altered the course of their life, and besides there are more cases of terrible stories of polygamous family, in fact I've never seen or heard of a happy polygamous home, they are very rare.
5, 10, 15, 20 years on Human Being A man that can't make himself happy can't make One woman happy talkless of 2,3 women. One woman is like managing entire Nigeria grin

I don't know what you study but Human are social animals that are not pragmatically Predictable: As you are I bet You, You can't be so sure of what you can do nor can't do tomorrow because under intense pressure everyone melts even if you are metal unless you boycott but can you see the Global Societies?

Look at the number of Baby Mamas out there and children without father figure in their Life.

Personally Speaking, IMO, IDK if you have A Margaret Thatcher as a Wife at Home but Once Her Vagina is not enough for you and ChookChook another Woman till she pops belle and born Pikin, Welcome to Polygamy and You Better Be ready to do Your Job because you gonna be Jailed.

This should eradicates numbers of urchins in the Society and Horror of Baby Mamas while raising their kids all alone:
Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by AntiMCU: 11:45pm On Apr 27, 2022
While I feel for Yul Edochie's wife, she should just take it in stride and understand that this is Briffault's law at work.

How many times have we said it on this forum to women that if you want a well to do man, be ready to share as other ladies want him too.

Your only concern should be if he'll be responsible to his family.

And before you bring up the argument of she married Yul when he was a nobody, ask yourself: what are the chances that the son of a popular Nollywood actor would become poor in the future? So you see, her hypergamy too was at work at the time and that excuse doesn't fly?

Once everyone knows their place, all these wailing and gnashing of teeth will stop. grin
Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Kobojunkie: 12:07am On Apr 28, 2022
AntiMCU:
And before you bring up the argument of she married Yul when he was a nobody, ask yourself: what are the chances that the son of a popular Nollywood actor would become poor in the future? So you see, her hypergamy too was at work at the time and that excuse doesn't fly?

Once everyone knows their place, all these wailing and gnashing of teeth will stop. grin
Was the Nollywood actor father of this man she married popular even 17 years ago when the marriage supposedly took place? undecided

I personally don't know the men here that's why I ask. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Was the Nollywood actor father of this man she married popular even 17 years ago when the marriage supposedly took place? undecided

I personally don't know the men here that's why I ask. undecided
Personally not in support of polygamy, but the father has been popular and in national and international prominence for over 40 years. He was the star of things fall apart. So the young man was from a prominent home. The man even gave an interview where he revealed he personally bought cars for any of his children upon graduation. Who starts with buying a car for you, if you have not been gainfully fixed up one way or the other? So the odds were always bright.

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Kobojunkie: 1:51am On Apr 28, 2022
skoskosko:

Personally not in support of polygamy, but the father has been popular and in national and international prominence for over 40 years. He was the star of things fall apart. So the young man was from a prominent home. The man even gave an interview where he revealed he personally bought cars for any of his children upon graduation. Who starts with buying a car for you, if you have not been gainfully fixed up one way or the other? So the odds were always bright.
I guess the name does not ring a bell, or maybe I never got to know the name of the character, nor that I care at this point since I am not even a fan of Nollywood movies. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Rubbiish(m): 5:25am On Apr 28, 2022
JovialJune:

How old are u?
The bold is one of the most funniest thing I have read in a long while. Lol
Even God that created the world never predicted Adam & eve will disappoint him in such a short while & u want an ordinary human that is not sure of being alive the next day to predict what he is capable of in the next 20 years? Situation & circumstances can alter the plan of any human, life is not one way! Those that died yesterday also had a plan.
Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Richy4(m): 6:14am On Apr 28, 2022
Yul getting a second wife got nothing to do with scriptures.It is his personal decisions.. People should try and understand how to read the Bible and read it effectively... considering timeline... What were the practice of those people back then.. How many centuries ago was it?... In the beginning, men where meant to be vegans Genesis 1 vs 29...
As century and time passed in Genesis 9 vs 3, men were meant to eat meat..

As time passed, In Leviticus, there was a place explained to the people what to eat and what not to eat... As many centuries passed, it was relaxed when Peter had a dream/ vision in new testament where he was commanded to Arise kill and eat...

People should learn to read that good book based on time line...And stop manipulating their ways around it selfishly...

When Jesus gave the greatest commission for people to go into the world and preach the gospel... There was no technology then .. a lot of people nowadays can stay in their homes and preach the gospel and it gets to different continents of the world even with interpretation with click on a button...U don't have to go knocking on doors like before...We don't have to jump the boat or ship to achieve that..

What I am trying to say is, don't manipulate the scriptures just to reach an end... Deep down our inner man, we all know the truth and it's only that truth that will set us free...

1 Like

Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by gaby(m): 6:15am On Apr 28, 2022
[s]
JovialJune:
[s][/s]

Google should help you know that men are more than women in the world, so your nonsense analysis used as an excuse for polygamy and adultery is useless and baseless.
[/s]

Tripish garbage from a kid...
Re: Polygamy Is Scriptural - Reno Omokri. Do You Agree? by Mindlog: 7:18am On Apr 28, 2022
It is not about the scriptures but Yul decision to step outside his marriage, have an extramarital affair that led to a pregnancy, birth of a child and traditionally marrying the nother of the child.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Is Your Salary Ever Enough. / Basketmouth Announces Separation From Wife / A Blind Man Defile A 13 Years Old Girl In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.