Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

“Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage (3620 Views)

Kano Hisbah: Sharing Zahrad Bayero's Wedding Photos Is A Sin / Maryanne, Moghalu’s Wife Requests Second Marriage Proposal. He Reacts / "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 28, 2022
2 Samuel 12:8 ESV / 143 helpful votes

And I gave you your master's house and your master's wives into your arms and gave you the house of Israel and of Judah. And if this were too little, I would add to you as much more.

above scriptural ref should have schooled @self acclaimed righteousness but the guy just hate to learn.
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by Perfectbeing(m): 11:54am On Apr 28, 2022
The Bible does not approve of polygamy. The Bible contains historical accounts of past events, prophesies about the future events, and instructions from God about spiritual life. Just because the Bible records an event that occurred does not mean that God approves of the event. For example, the Bible tells us that the apostle Peter denied Jesus three times while Jesus was standing before the Jewish Sanhedrin. But that does not mean that God wants all of us to deny Jesus. The Bible also tells us that Jesus was crucified, Satan became proud, Herod killed all the babies under two years of age around Bethlehem, Abraham lied about his wife, Saul lied to God, King Nebuchadnezzar tried to force Daniel’s three friends to worship another god, but God does not want us to do any of these things. Just because the Bible records a person’s actions does not mean that God approves of what the person did.

Polygamy was practiced by several Old Testament men, most notably King David and King Solomon. But God did not approve. God had warned the Israelites before they entered the land of Canaan after leaving Egypt that their kings should not commit polygamy (Deu 17:17-18).
17 He must not take multiple wives, or his heart will be led astray. He must not accumulate large amounts of silver and gold.

This was a negative statement and not a positive one. It was one among several negative statements. It was a warning to the Israelites. But David Solomon and many other Kings disobeyed.

If you decide to want to follow African traditions and practice polygamy, good and fine.. But don't use the scriptures and justify your action because the scriptures condemns it.

1 Like

Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by christistruth01: 11:55am On Apr 28, 2022
Seperation from a Polygamous marriage is also not a Sin
The man has already remarried
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by christistruth01: 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
corike:

And I gave you your master's house and your master's wives into your arms and gave you the house of Israel and of Judah. And if this were too little, I would add to you as much more.

above scriptural ref should have schooled @self acclaimed righteousness but the guy just hate to learn.

1 Kings 11:3-6

3 He had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines, and his wives led him astray.
As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the LORD his God, as the heart of David his father had been.
He followed Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and Molech [1] the detestable god of the Ammonites.
So Solomon did evil in the eyes of the LORD; he did not follow the LORD completely, as David his father had done.
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by christistruth01: 12:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
Nezzjnr:
Our morals has been thrown to the dogs

Read your Bible very well and you'll know God actually frowns at having more than one wife.

Leviticus 18:18
You shall not marry a woman in addition to her sister as a rival while she is alive, to uncover her unclothedness.

1 Corinthians 7:2
But because of immoralities, each man is to have his own wife, and each woman is to have her own husband

1 Timothy 3:2
An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

1kings 11:1-4

He even committed adultery to start from.

All these so called Woke Christians sef

Reno Omokri has abandoned his first marriage he just looking for how to justify the adulterous marriage he is now in

Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by ArewaNorth: 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
The only reason I like this guy is because of his adherence to true and original Christianity, no mix. He has vast knowledge of original and undiluted Christian religious Knowledge unlike many dogmatic Christians in Nigeria who chose to be dictated by what their Pastors feed them.
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by jimade: 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2022
Niece:
A Nigerian activist and Pastor of Mind of Christ Christian Center, Reno Omokri has reacted to Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie’s second marriage.

Earlier today, the Nollywood actor had posted a picture of himself and his son whom he welcomed with his second wife.

The post generated many reactions by celebrities and fans.

A loyal follower of Reno Omokri called his attention to it and asked for his views concerning Yul Edochie’s second marriage.

Reacting to it, the pastor stated that being polygamous is not bad. “Polygamy is not a sin”, he said. Reno went further and said that God Himself gave David many wives. He drew his submission from 2 Samuel 12:18.

The pastor made it known that polygamy is scriptural and only forbidden for bishops and elders of the church.

Pastor Reno said that it’s saddened that the Africans accepted the concept of monopoly which according to the clergyman, is the constructure of the Western world.
His statement reads;

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc3lilsITS2/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

lalasticlala

For every genuine child of God who is also a priest and king, David and all the polygamist in bible are not our standard not even the great Moses but Jesus Christ. When some people asked him about divorce, he referred them back to the beginning.

Matthew 19

3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female( Not male and Females or vice versa)
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wifesad not wives) and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder

Acts.17.30 - Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,
Acts.17.31 - because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead."

Children of God (not church goers) are not permitted to marry two wives.

So be careful and don't create trouble into people's lives by misleading them. Every child of God is a Priest and the mind of God in marriage of One Man and One woman has not change. Bishop or whatever is just the office name which even every child of God should desire as the scripture says. And if you desire it you sanctify yourself for it and live for God's glory.

Shalom.
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by jimade: 12:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
Righteousness2:
Lies From the Pit of Hell.
Don't let anyone Deceive you to go against GOD'S Word.

David is not the standard,
Solomon is not the standard,
Your Forefather is not the standard,
Reno is not the standard,
Religion or tradition is not the standard
The Word of the Lord is the standard.
GOD is not an author of Confusion.

Any other man or woman apart from the first person who legally married you is a Sin Partner. You both are Decieving yourselves.

Except in a case where a spouse is dead. Then you are Biblically free to marry again.

You are very right, sir.
God will deliver our generation from lust of the flesh.

1 Like

Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by PDJT: 12:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
tonyuny12:

I'm not being a western slave. Marriage is honorable with the bed undefiled. Without the scripture stating otherwise if we may consider that, have you considered the much disadvantages of polygamy?

-Leave the "disadvantages" for the polygamous people to worry about. It's their choice, not yours and they are not breaking any law- which is the main thing here. However, I will boldly claim that polygamous practice presents a better environment for the development of children than single-parenthood, which is now a culture in western societies with it glaring pathologies.

-Meanwhile, how about keeping your sanctimonious preaching for your members? That would be more civil and respectable, dont you think?
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by Kccheechy(m): 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

Any other man or woman apart from the first person who legally married you is a Sin Partner. You both are Decieving yourselves.

Except in a case where a spouse is dead. Then you are Biblically free to marry again.

Oga, Reno backed his opinion with biblical facts. Where is it in the Bible that polygamy was condemned. David, Jacob and some others had more than one wife and God didn’t punish them for that. There is even a law in exodus given to Moses by God on how a man should treat his WIVES. The area where where polygamy is not acceptable is the case of becoming a leader in the house of God
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by MadamExcellency: 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2022
OKOATA:
One thing I dislike so much about full time Christians is that you will never reason no matter what you say, you must always find a way to say things that suit you, if God told someone to marry a prostitute and he did, are you now contradicting God or opposing his decisions. Why don't you tear out the places that you don't like in your Bibles, tear the pages out, tear the old testament out because God says in the new testament that marriage with one woman is the best? Tear out the old testament where God didn't condemn David and Solomon. You lots always trying to revolve religion in everything and saying you know God's mind. is there a difference in the God of the old/new testament? Because for all I know God never changes so how can you say you know God's mind when God himself created man with millions of sperm and a woman with one egg. Biologically you must know this thing in school right? So why are you now putting religion into everything? I'm a Christian and I don't reason the way you do.

This mentality is why Jesus Christ chose mostly fishermen instead of your Learnered luminaries. See Judas Iscariot, the educated activist wasn't compliant hence he sold Jesus Christ his master, the same ways multitudes are selling Jesus Christ in this thread for worldly pleasure.
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by adekolaelect(m): 1:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

can you tell where Bible says man and woman should go to Curt of law to make an Oath of marriage?
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by OKOATA(m): 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
MadamExcellency:

This mentality is why Jesus Christ chose mostly fishermen instead of your Learnered luminaries. See Judas Iscariot, the educated activist wasn't compliant hence he sold his master, Jesus Christ the same ways multitudes are selling Jesus Christ in this thread for worldly pleasure.
Trash and Rubbish talk.
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by adekolaelect(m): 1:33pm On Apr 28, 2022
Ddokie:

Man's heart is still very hard, if not harder in this present times.

So?

This sex thing is just one hell of an issue I'm personally tired of honestly. The rate of sexual activity in society across all cadres of individuals makes one wonder what the original plan was.
sorry the Issue of a man married more than one wive is not all abt sex alone .why should man be limited of his human right of choosing what he likes more in the name of Curt weeding ? The Bible also qoated do and don't .Is there any vers of Bible why it said man should not marry more than one ife.? There was an histories of prophet and men of God that married more than one wife ,,,, Is there anywhere in the Bible that talk against them We can never proof to be wiser than our past .men are created in polygamy in nature either we accept or not and He knows why he does it.
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by Sukersoc: 1:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
PDJT:

-What you are quoting is the outcome of the western adulteration of the bible. Don't be a western slave forever.

God bless you
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 28, 2022
PDJT:

-Leave the "disadvantages" for the polygamous people to worry about. It's their choice, not yours and they are not breaking any law- which is the main thing here. However, I will boldly claim that polygamous practice presents a better environment for the development of children than single-parenthood, which is now a culture in western societies with it glaring pathologies.

-Meanwhile, how about keeping your sanctimonious preaching for your members? That would be more civil and respectable, dont you think?

I'm not a pastor in the first place, but a willing follow of God and his word. You can do with whatever you feel with the word of God on the basis of your convictions.
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 28, 2022
ollypass:

God is no author of confusion...if he neve condem it...when did He have a board meeting with you to say he did not support it? were there not a lot of practices that were held in the old testament that Jesus him self revised? or the Holy spirit revealed were now acceptable to God? so where even when divorce was spoken about did having several wife's was quoted a sin? There are no grey areas with God.

In the beginning it was not so, that was the point Jesus quoted. So do yourself enough good and find out about the beginning. I don't argue scriptures
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 28, 2022
okrikaboi:

Is it a sin or not?!

I'm not God and in any position to tell you that. But in the beginning it was not so. So find out about the beginning and educated yourself about God's view to polygamy.
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by Popoola009(m): 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
The ideology of one man and one wife is not scriptural. Abeg enuf of the noise.

Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by Sion47: 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
Man no like woman
Woman no like woman.

Forget d whole stuff about
men are this men are that.

BTW, why will a woman hurt her fellow woman by dragging husband with her knowing that the man in question is legally married to another woman?.

I think the problem of women folk are women.

It takes another woman for a married man to cheat on his wife.

Am not trying to exonerate cheating husbands but let us remember that it takes two to tango.
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by Sion47: 4:21pm On Apr 28, 2022
corike:

He doesn't see Old testament scriptures are God's words that should be adhere to .
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by benardtotti(m): 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2022
kingthreat:

Polygamy is not the will of God
But that doesn't make polygamy a sin.

If something is not the will of God and you do it what then does it mean ?it simply means you are operating outside of his will and must take responsibility for whatever you get in return .
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by Babinski: 7:28pm On Apr 28, 2022
OKOATA:
One thing I dislike so much about full time christians is that you will never reason in a rational way no matter what you say, you must always find a way to say things that suite you, if God told someone to marry a prostitute and he did, are you now contradicting God or opposing his decisions. Why don't you tear out the places that you don't like in your Bibles, tear the pages out, tear the old testament out because God says in the new testament that marriage with one woman is the best. Tear out the old testament where God didn't condemn David and Solomon. You lots always trying to revolve religion in everything and saying you know Gods mind. is there a difference in the God of old/new testament? Because for all I know God never change so how can you say you know Gods mind when God himself created man with millions of sperm and a woman one egg. Biologically you must know this thing in school right? So why are you now putting religion into everything. I'm a christian and I don't reason the way you do .

Thank you for referring to me as a full time Christian because Christianity is indeed a way of life and not a garment you wear for occasions.

You could clearly see the verses I quoted from the Bible which cover both Old and New Testament. Perhaps you can provide yours to support your claims rather than relying on millions of sperms reasoning. The reasonings of men do not work out the righteousness of God.

The mind of God on marriage is clear from the Bible and it is not me supposing to know. Jesus is the Son of God and believing in Him is what makes anyone a Christian. Jesus clearly stated in Matthew 19 that God made them male and female and a man would leave his parents and cleave to his wife and both become one. He echoes exactly what was reported in Genesis 2:24 at the creation of the woman. If you are not ready to follow Jesus you need not label yourself a Christian. At the end of Matthew 19 the position of Jesus was difficult even for his disciples who grumbled. But God is no respecter of men to bend to suit them.

If you want multiple wives go get them; Christianity is not easy. It is not everyone that calls Jesus that can carry their crosses and follow him. But don't try to mislead others that the Bible support your desires!!!

1 Like

Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by IfGodbeforus(m): 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
Reno is confusing himself here. Lalasticlala
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by kingthreat(m): 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
benardtotti:

If something is not the will of God and you do it what then does it mean ?it simply means you are operating outside of his will and must take responsibility for whatever you get in return .

There is the will of God and there is a law of God.
Stealing is against the law of God and you will face the wrath. Polygamy is against the will of God, just like smoking and you will have to deal with the consequences.
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by Benbellamor: 6:53pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ok
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by ollypass: 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2022

In the beginning it was not so, that was the point Jesus quoted. So do yourself enough good and find out about the beginning. I don't argue scriptures

So if in the beginning it wasn't so ..it means it will continue?It only implies it changed as time past, pls stop taking words out of context..a lot of new testament practices weren't so In the begining .were there Christians in the beginning?
Re: “Polygamy Is Not A Sin” – Reno Acts To Yul Edochie’s Second Marriage by kunle75(m): 9:00pm On Dec 08, 2022
Aufbauh:
I'm equally thinking of making my Igbo side chick Nelly as my second wife after 15yrs of marriage to my wife.
The girl just dey give me joy in all fronts. I feel it's better to legalize the damn sh*t.

My wife is a career woman & the last kid of the house is five. I'm damn lonely so that's why I'm considering the option. Nairaland has being helping but it can't fill the void of human companionship.

All I'm convinced about is that marrying a second wife can never take someone to Hell.

Bro life is too short,please enjoy before its too late abeg.

Am enjoying myself now and heaven never fall and will not fall.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu: Pastor Adefarasin Speaks In Parable / Man Spotted With APC Branded Shirt On Fuel Queue (picture) / Tinubu's Daughter Changes Twitter Bio To "The Iyaloja General Of Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.