Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,036 members, 7,866,921 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:12 AM

Learning From Nehemiah: Make It Clear - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Learning From Nehemiah: Make It Clear (103 Views)

Learning From Nehemiah: Keep It Cheerful / RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual For May 6, 2018 Lesson 36 : Topic — Nehemiah / Nehemiah 8:4-6king James Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learning From Nehemiah: Make It Clear by SonofIssachar: 2:37am On Apr 28, 2022
Then the king said to me, “What do you request?” So I prayed to the God of heaven. And I said to the king, “If it pleases the king, and if your servant has found favor in your sight, I ask that you send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers’ tombs, that I may rebuild it.” – Nehemiah 2:4-5

Recently, a group of youngsters were asked individually about what they wanted out of life. Surprisingly, only one of them could answer with some measure of clarity; the rest only mouthed some vague aspiration in response, evidence that they had not even taken time to think about what they really want to make of their lives.

Clarity is a virtue, and vagueness is a vice. It pays to be clear about what you want at any point in time. In the passage above, when asked about what he wanted, Nehemiah was unambiguous in his response to the king. He did not bore his listeners with elaborate background details before stating what he wanted, by so doing wasting their time. On the contrary, he was unequivocal in his statement of intent. He wanted to go back to his native land to rebuild the ruins.

All of us are usually presented with life-transforming opportunities at various times. But part of maximising such opportunities is to first know what you really want, and if such break would serve your purpose. The fact that looks like an opportunity doesn’t mean that it is the one for you. Even if it is, you are best positioned to make the most of it after you must have ascertained in specific terms what you really need.

One vital key that helped Nehemiah answer wisely was prayer. He “prayed to the God of heaven” and was then guided in his request. Maybe we can learn from his example.

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Time For A Check-up
Learning from Nehemiah: Keep it Cheerful
Purpose: Sent to Execute the Will of God
https://daily-dew.com/learning-from-nehemiah-make-it-clear/

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Spirit, Soul And Body (5) / Let Them Adore The Lord Of This House ( Quran 106;3). / Rapture Dream || Left Behind For Disobedience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.