|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,160,441 members, 4,706,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 January 2019 at 07:42 PM
|If Women Have No Rights! A Questionnaire by bilms(m): 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2011|
If Women have No Rights!! A Questionnaire
If Women have No Rights, !!
1) If women should merely stay at home and take care of the children and do nothing else, how should such a family survive in the days when you need a dual income and the cost of everything is going up?
2) If women shouldn't have rights, what should they do in the case of domestic abuse? Should they merely put up with it? Given the fact that, under a rule of thumb suggesting that women shouldn't work and have no rights, should she just put up with it?
3) If women's rights should be reversed, should all other rights be reversed too? What about the civil rights movement? Should rights for Blacks and minorities be revoked as well? Why stop at merely women's rights? And how would you justify that? After all, slavery has been quite beneficial to certain societies as well.
4) Are women simply created to serve men and give birth to babies and have relatively little freedom? What you suggest, women's individual rights are the demise of all that is good,
5) Women stuck in traditional roles (not all, but those TRAPPED in traditional roles), generally are twice as likely as men to suffer from depression, How would you solve this, if women have fewer rights?
6) What should women do with themselves, if they have no rights, when the sons have left for college and the mother can no longer bear children? What should she do then, with no education, no rights, etc?
7) If women have no rights, what kind of education should they be given? Would you prefer a Taliban style of education? Or perhaps a Greek style of education where girls simply remained at home with their mothers learning to be wives for future husbands?
Cool If women have no rights, does that mean that the gender that has always fought wars, made developments in science and technology, etc., will always have to be male, and that women shouldn't, for the necessity for Western civilization, go into such fields? I would ask the members for suggestions & comments to make a world better place for all genders!
9) if women have no right,how do you expect them to demonstrate their intellectual ability in contributing to fixing issue relating to women affair.
10) if women have no right, how do you expect them to be productive knowing fully that have the general society limitation,
Asra Khan Senior Vice Chairperson International Human Rights Commission
Abdulrazaq Oyebanji Hamzat,Goodwill Ambassador for International Human Right Commission in Nigeria.
|Re: If Women Have No Rights! A Questionnaire by Mynd44: 8:58am On Jul 10, 2011|
How does this relate to ROMANCE.
|Re: If Women Have No Rights! A Questionnaire by Dyt(f): 9:29am On Jul 10, 2011|
D womens right
|Re: If Women Have No Rights! A Questionnaire by bayosgirl(f): 11:05am On Jul 11, 2011|
The thinly-veiled implication underneath this is that a woman is somehow less worthy if she wants to stay home and take care of her husband and children. These days, women are expected to be superstar wives and mothers, work 40+ hours a week outside the home, and maintain a gorgeous face and body while doing it.
There is nothing wrong with "traditional gender roles", if that's what the woman wants. It is just as biased and sexist to expect a woman to conform to society's demands, as it is to deny higher education to women who desire it, on the basis of being female. I would argue that two parents working full-time causes the family unit to suffer. There are ways to get by on one income, it just takes planning.
|Re: If Women Have No Rights! A Questionnaire by bilms(m): 3:05pm On Jul 11, 2011|
|Re: If Women Have No Rights! A Questionnaire by allgreengi: 3:08am On Jul 19, 2011|
I think nowadays, it is a foolish question,
|Re: If Women Have No Rights! A Questionnaire by bayosgirl(f): 3:32am On Jul 19, 2011|
The real issue is, if women are truly "liberated", why is there still so much violence and abuse towards them? Why do rapists get off with a slap on the wrist? Why are so many women who become pregnant denied maternity leave/benefits, or worse yet, fired from their job?
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73