Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,176 members, 7,953,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:36 PM

My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday (33953 Views)

Why Is My Laptop Showing Me This And What Is The Solution? (Photo) / Help Black Ink On My Laptop Screen / My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by COdeGenesis: 9:40am On Apr 28, 2022
Why did you not find somewhere to hide then book a ride. The money you will use to repair the laptop and the time you will waste is actually thrice the amount of money you would have paid an Uber or Bolt driver
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Rubyventures: 9:41am On Apr 28, 2022
you would have left it to dry out before putting it on.
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:41am On Apr 28, 2022
Olam09:
Omo i don chop breakfast oo..
Please techie savvy guys what can i do to my lappy water don enter the screen i was even thinking it'll never come on again.

For those who'll blame me on why i enter the heavy rain note this is not my first time entering into heavy rain with my laptop in the bag.
But yesterday night rain bad.

Can you please help me push this to the fp. I need suggestions asap!

You don't switch it on immediately.
You are supposed to sun dry the battery for hours first. And in future if you must enter the rain, please wrap a thick nylon around it, place in your laptop bag and go. Also consider buying a raincoat
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Middleborn: 9:42am On Apr 28, 2022
Bruh, you are careless sha. Maybe you have some money for repairs or to get a new one. Probably you are tired with your lappy.

You shouldve known when the rain increased beyond the level your bag pack can handle. you shouldve taken cover.
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by DaveHarry(m): 9:42am On Apr 28, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:

Put it inside Rice, axin dry uncooked rice Oh...then leave it for some Time.
Have you tried this before?

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by kamossreal(m): 9:44am On Apr 28, 2022
This is what to do

Remove the battery

Wait for days for it to dry

It’s screen that is affected.

Wait for days for it to dry it would take some days
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Andytyx(m): 9:46am On Apr 28, 2022
pode:
Same thing happened to my laptop three days ago
What did you do?
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Udemzy05: 9:48am On Apr 28, 2022
Olam09:
Please techie savvy guys what can i do to my lappy water don enter the screen i was even thinking it'll never come on again.

For those who'll blame me on why i enter the heavy rain note this is not my first time entering into heavy rain with my laptop in the bag.

Pls take the laptop to a laptop technician for servicing.

You might think since it is working fine there's no need but I want to let you know that there is a thing call corrosion.

When water drop on a particular ic, it stays there and dried up and begin to cause corrosion, with time the ic legs will start eating up and before you know there will be no contact with it and the motherboard.
Now depending on the type of ic, you will either get a no power case or power on no display case.

As for the screen, use it like that till it is time to replace it.

As a laptop technician, I've seen a lot of cases like this, laptop will work fine but is dying slowing.

If you can,take the motherboard out,wash it with soap and water or fuel and sun dry it , make sure it is properly dried , you can use heat gun/dryer to dry it again before coupling it.

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Sixfiguresmart(m): 9:50am On Apr 28, 2022
crazy guy cheesy cheesy
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool this CUNTREE matterz no reach ur side ABI..

U no see NYLON to take cover ur LAPI, u no fit JAZZ in any shop wey de open and ask of NYLON!

U no fit wait make rain STOP Small!

U de rush to go FUVK TOTTO or to eat HOT rice!

Dat LAPI fit don get many MATAYANCE!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by BeardGangJnr1(m): 9:51am On Apr 28, 2022
DaveHarry:

Have you tried this before?
Yeah twice, with phone and it worked.
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Originalsly: 10:04am On Apr 28, 2022
Sabadon:

But why you go dey waka inside rain when you carry laptop undecided undecided

Bro .... he said he been doing that and nothing never happened... but never mind this time the rain was much heavier... he did the same expecting same results. Unbelievable.
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by kingamaa(m): 10:05am On Apr 28, 2022
Boogyman557:

U no see NYLON to take cover ur LAPI, u no fit JAZZ in any shop wey de open and ask of NYLON!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!Boogyman557:

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

This guy u no serious at all

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by malachee: 10:05am On Apr 28, 2022
Put it inside raw rice for 2days.don't on it o
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by AutoRedux: 10:16am On Apr 28, 2022
Olam09:

You should have bought a plastic bag of 150 naira. Wrap it inside and all this wahala could have been averted. Common sense.
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Guest911: 10:17am On Apr 28, 2022
Trenches
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by yomibrain: 10:18am On Apr 28, 2022
Putting on the Laptop will do more damage to it, in a case like this, take the laptop to an Engineer to help you to dry it.
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:19am On Apr 28, 2022
Olam09:

so you couldn’t get a plastic back to wrap it in from anywhere at all? Even if na from ground?
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Greazyman99: 10:20am On Apr 28, 2022
Wow � congrats to the dumbest person I ever met on here grin grin
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:21am On Apr 28, 2022
Olam09:

What did you do to yours to restore it to it's normal state of health? Mine is not coming on again, but i guess it might be the battery.
you do realize water and electricity do not mix right? Trying to turn it on without thoroughly drying will short circuit that device. Hope you’ve not done more damage
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:22am On Apr 28, 2022
They will open the laptop and dry the inside before it can power on undecided
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by chiedu7: 10:22am On Apr 28, 2022
Olam09:

Open it up & put it inside raw rice

https://www.theverge.com/2015/9/14/9326035/can-rice-actually-save-your-wet-phone
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Lepon02: 10:30am On Apr 28, 2022
Olam09:

Ok.
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Highways: 10:34am On Apr 28, 2022
A 50 naira Nylon would have saved you this headache... You put your laptop in the nylon before putting it in your bag.....

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by toxtimmy: 10:38am On Apr 28, 2022
Get a new screen and replace.

OyeofIkoTuN:
Na to Sun am Las las..
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by deflover(m): 10:40am On Apr 28, 2022
its funny i no see who knows what to do
its simple na
find bag of rice
put the laptop inside
.bury am inside the bag of rice
after two days
on am
u have ur laptop back
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by bigtt76(f): 10:48am On Apr 28, 2022
Sorry to hear this.

First you shouldn't have rushed to power it on. Remove the battery and sun it to dry or use a hot blower fan.
Secondly, the backdrop screen paper (so i call it) is wet and would take time to clear up. Happened to my Mac and took time to clear up. Prepare for the worst though - screen dying.

Next time, use a waterproof bag to ensure your laptop is well protected, Samsung laptop parts may be expensive to replace.

Olam09:

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by miqos02(m): 10:54am On Apr 28, 2022
Olam09:

the screen has to be replaced
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Unclebee009(m): 10:58am On Apr 28, 2022
Welcome back Real niggi ���
Boogyman557:

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by GUNITGuy: 11:00am On Apr 28, 2022
Don't plugged that laptop into an electrical source nor on it until when it's completely dry
Clean the interior with methylated spirit
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Boogyman557: 11:04am On Apr 28, 2022
Unclebee009:
Welcome back Real niggi ���
Holly Gram cool My Gee!

My Nigga fa Nigga fa Shizzle!
I hail ooo!

I SAMANKWE 4 ur GOVERNMENT!

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Benediction777: 11:10am On Apr 28, 2022
PUT AM INSIDE BAG OF RICE OR ANYWHERE WEY D RICE GO COVER THE LAPTOP FULL.PLACE AM OVERNIGHT...THANK ME LATER.

quote author=Olam09 post=112336119]Omo i don chop breakfast oo..

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check Out Brand New Laptop Prices In Nigeria / Please How Do I Retrieve Files From A Broken Flash Drive? / This Schoolgirl Is Scared Of Touching Computer Mouse (Video Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.