Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,587 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) (6150 Views)

Some Natural Disasters In World History [Graphic images] / Unrest At FUTMINNA Since Yesterday Evening (Graphic Images) / How Lagos State University Is Killing The Dreams Of Its Students - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by sureplug4life: 9:01am On Apr 28, 2022
I am starting to question my beliefs

I was sold the lie of education
And the absurd belief that knowledge is power.

They told us that if you go to school, get a good degree you will get a lucrative job.

But today with a strong 2:1 and intense job hunt it would seem that my pali would serve more purpose as suya wrappings because i cant use my certificate.

Life for no hard like this if they didnt cage us in academic institutions for 4 years reformating Our thinking

Education is the greatest hiest in history

God wiill make a way

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by Efuaye(m): 9:09am On Apr 28, 2022
You have an ample opportunity to reorientate yourself!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by chatinent: 9:11am On Apr 28, 2022
You still have a chance to change it. While I was in school, I knew many Masters graduates without jobs. That alone re-oriented me.

6 Likes

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by gasparpisciotta: 9:16am On Apr 28, 2022
sureplug4life:

They told us that if you go to school, get a good degree you will get a lucrative job.

But today with a strong 2:1 from the job search hunt it would seem that my pali would serve more purpose as suya wrappings because i cant use my certificate.

Life for no hard if they didnt cage us in academic institutions for 4 years in this reformating Our thinking

God wiill make a way

If you think education is a lie try ignorance

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by illicit(m): 9:17am On Apr 28, 2022
Formal education is hocus pocus

2 Likes

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by dangoteinlaw: 9:23am On Apr 28, 2022
So what do we do for you now, eradicate it?

1 Like

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by Voldoz: 9:32am On Apr 28, 2022
gasparpisciotta:

You guys keep mistaking education for university, masters and PHD degree etc.

Get it now education is the passing of not only knowledge but experience to someone. A road side mechanic might not go to school but he is educated in repairing cars, etc even riding a bicycle or a car requires education so don't mind Nigerians.

Some people who dropped out of primary six, jss 3 or ss3 will tell you they are not educated.

Even a professor learns new things everyday, I would love most of us to philosophize sometimes.

Knowledge can come in any form even without formal education.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by shawante(m): 9:42am On Apr 28, 2022
That education didn't work for you(doesn't mean it can't still work) doesn't mean it didn't work for others.

As there are those who benefited from it so there are those who didn't, and that's how it is in all aspects of life.

People are dying from accidents on daily basis doesn't mean people will stop traveling

5 Likes

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by Voldoz: 10:10am On Apr 28, 2022
shawante:
That education didn't work for you(doesn't mean it can't still work) doesn't mean it didn't work for others.

As there are those who benefited from it so there are those who didn't, and that's how it is in all aspects of life.

People are dying from accidents on daily basis doesn't mean people will stop traveling

You wrong!!!

What you meant is school and not education. We are being educated in school doesn't mean school is education or main source of education. Moreover charity begins at home.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by BobbieZion(m): 10:15am On Apr 28, 2022
You did not go to school to get a job.
U went to school to get educated and exposed.

How can you compare your cert. to garbage. No dey do like that.....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by coronavirus19: 10:29am On Apr 28, 2022
Education comes in different form. I think he means formal/western education
gasparpisciotta:

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by gidimafia: 10:30am On Apr 28, 2022
Proper Education wey man need for this country to know wetin him dey do stops at SS3..from thr na u go knw wetin to choose..if u choose university here in 9ja just know say u dey go fall under our Government system whc we all knw is a scam

2 Likes

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by shawante(m): 10:46am On Apr 28, 2022
Voldoz:

You wrong!!!

What you meant is school and not education. We are being educated in school doesn't mean school is education or main such of education. Moreover charity begins at home.
"We are being educated in school doesn't mean school is education.".. What the heck are you saying? Aren't you contradicting and confusing yourself.

Oga school is where we get formal education, the one we learn at home and in the streets is called informal education.

Please stop saying what you don't know

2 Likes

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by AKWATGOLD1(m): 10:47am On Apr 28, 2022
sureplug4life:

But today with a strong 2:1 from the job search hunt it would seem that my pali would serve more purpose as suya wrappings because i cant use my certificate.

Life for no hard if they didnt cage us in academic institutions for 4 years in this reformating Our thinking

God wiill make a way

I disagree with you that Education is the greatest HEIST in histrory. Obtaining strong 2:1 does not mean that you will get lucractive job because the ability to apply your knowledge in chosen field is what matters. Pls take a look back during the Akeem Bello-Osagie reign at UBA (United Bank for Africa) when he breaks yoke of only management graduates in Accounting and Banking & Finance works in Nigeri Banks by employing non-management graduates in UBA.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by shawante(m): 10:50am On Apr 28, 2022
BobbieZion:

You're very correct Bro.. Many people are enjoying and doing fine today due to the connections they had way back in their university days.

School didn't favour him doesn't make school a scam
Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by sinkhole: 10:55am On Apr 28, 2022
Voldoz:

You guys keep mistaking education for university, masters and PHD degree etc.

Get it now education is the passing of not only knowledge but experience to someone. A road side mechanic might not go to school but he is educated in repairing cars, etc even riding a bicycle or a car requires education so don't mind Nigerians.

Some people who dropped out of primary six, jss 3 or ss3 will tell you they are not educated.

Even a professor learns new things everyday, I would love most of us to philosophize sometimes.

Knowledge can come in any form even without formal education.

Nigerians actually think education is the speaking of English. As long as you can speak good English, Nigerians will count you among the well educated, forgetting that a farmer in the village, who has never been to a formal school but has master the art of farming some particular crops, is a highly educated person in that particular farming field!

2 Likes

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by Whois(m): 11:04am On Apr 28, 2022
BobbieZion:

Don't mind the op, even the titled of his thread is misleading. A Person who is having best equipment in the world but not aware of how to use them will not complete the task efficiently instead he will blame the tools.

4 Likes

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by cobby14(m): 11:34am On Apr 28, 2022
Aside acquiring school knowledge you need to know the rule of life and apply it to your daily life. Then you will know peace

1 Like

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by Gift96: 11:41am On Apr 28, 2022
You aren't totally wrong about your observations and you aren't totally right. Education is a tool to control the masses into a singlar-path of reasoning.

This is to ensure there is order in the society... But the moment you are able to breakout of that reasoning, everything becomes clear to you.

Nonetheless, Education/knowledge is still the bedrock of every society.

You may not be able to monitize your academic qualification at the moment but that doesn't mean you are failed or that education has failed you. Just try and be patient. Also perseverance is everything in life no matter the hunger or strife, it will one day become a story

3 Likes

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by Voldoz: 11:48am On Apr 28, 2022
shawante:

"We are being educated in school doesn't mean school is education.".. What the heck are you saying? Aren't you contradicting and confusing yourself.

Oga school is where we get formal education, the one we learn at home and in the streets is called informal education.

Please stop saying what you don't know

Lie!

It's not the main and only source of education, before school was invented education was much in play.

1 Like

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by Voldoz: 11:48am On Apr 28, 2022
Gift96:
You aren't totally wrong about your observations and you aren't totally right. Education is a tool to control the masses into a singlar-path of reasoning.
This is to ensure the order in the society... But the moment you are able to breakout of that reasoning, everything becomes clear to you.

Nonetheless, Education/knowledge is still the bedrock of every society.

You may not be able to monitize your academic qualification at the moment but that doesn't mean you are failed or that education has failed you. Just try and be patient. Also perseverance is everything in life no matter the hunger or strife, it will one day become a story

Thank you!!
Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by Voldoz: 11:50am On Apr 28, 2022
Whois:

Don't mind the op, even the titled of his thread is misleading. A Person who is having best equipment in the world but not aware of how to use them will not complete the task efficiently instead he will blame the tools.

Yeah, but what we are saying is school is not the main and solely source of education.
Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by Voldoz: 11:51am On Apr 28, 2022
sinkhole:
Nigerians actually think education is the speaking of English. As long as you can speak good English, Nigerians will count you among the well educated, forgetting that a farmer in the village, who has never been to a formal school but has master the art of farming some particular crops, is a highly educated person in that particular farming field!

Bro you get my point.
Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by Golan007: 11:51am On Apr 28, 2022
So 4 years of your life is what you think would derail you forever?

Your head get oil so?

1 Like

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by Voldoz: 11:55am On Apr 28, 2022
Golan007:
So 4 years of your life is what you think would derail you forever?

Your head get oil so?

Most people just focus on their certificates and they thinks it grants them automatic job which is not the case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by Babaheekmat: 11:58am On Apr 28, 2022
sureplug4life:

God wiill make a way

Ask yourself why it's burna that won Grammy and got nominated again DESPITE THE FACT HE'S NOT THE BEST SELLING IN AFRICA

3 Likes

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by Golan007: 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
gidimafia:
Proper Education wey man need for this country to know wetin him dey do stops at SS3..from thr na u go knw wetin to choose..if u choose university here in 9ja just know say u dey go fall under our Government system whc we all knw is a scam
People wey get job for ExxonMobil go just dey look you .

1 Like

Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by eteebanky1: 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2022
No go find work do, dy shout certificate upanda
Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by SocialJustice: 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
sureplug4life:

But today with a strong 2:1 and intense job hunt it would seem that my pali would serve more purpose as suya wrappings because i cant use my certificate.

Life for no hard like this if they didnt cage us in academic institutions for 4 years reformating Our thinking

God wiill make a way
You have started on the path of enlightenment and God will grant you exactly what you wish.

In the next 10-20 years, education as we currently know it will gradually begin to fade. The whole thing needs to be reprogrammed.
Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by shawante(m): 12:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
Voldoz:

Lie!

It's not the main and only source of education, before school was invented education was much in play.

Mr man did you even read what I wrote?.. Where did I state that school is the main and only source of education?
Re: Help! Too Much Knowledge Is Killing Me (graphic Images) by DeeOne98(m): 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
You sef fit chop up to one million naira monthly and frustrate all your haters ��� when you sign up as @homewinng agent.

HomeWin is committed to making millionaires in this amazing project of hope and prosperity.

Sign up today as a HomeWin agent and clear the doubt of everyone whoever doubted your ability to be rich and financially free.

ANTICIPATE HOMEWIN - 01.05.22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDe_eP5H_Aw

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Was What I Got After 5 Years In UNIBEN / Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' / Riot In Uniabuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.