Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,001 members, 7,866,791 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:59 AM

I No Longer Go To Church If I'm Skint (no Money), Can't Stand The Pressure! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I No Longer Go To Church If I'm Skint (no Money), Can't Stand The Pressure! (2742 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / You Are In A Wrong Church If You Notice These Signs / What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I No Longer Go To Church If I'm Skint (no Money), Can't Stand The Pressure! by Joagbaje(m): 3:36am On Jul 12, 2011
paris10:

Gone are the days when Pastors would bless you even if you don't have anything to give. The "it's your heart that matters" adage no longer echoed within the Church set up. "thou shall not go to the Lord's house empty handed" is now the new motto for most pentecostal Churches.

I don't find it comfortable when I go to Church without having a dime to give. Although I don't see anything wrong with it (since I sincerely don't have), my Pastor would always point it out that it's a sin to come to Church empty. This opinion is also shared by many pentecostal Pastors I've come in contact with.

I've since then decided that If don't have anything to give when going to Church, I might as well stay back home and enjoy my musics. I'm done with Pastors trying to make me look poor or bad. Even If I do have something to give as offering, other petty demands and begging still have to be taking into consideration.

God is good (All the time)

It is wrong to make someone feel bad for not having. You should know Gods word for yourself not to feel bad. But at the same time you should nurture the desire to give. One thing is not having to give , another thing is being critical of giving. That will be a mistake . But if you desire to give , there will be a seed. because God always give seed to the sower. You give your way out of poverty.

2 Corinthians 9:10
10 For God, who gives seed to the farmer to plant, and later on good crops to harvest and eat, will give you more and more seed to plant and will make it grow so that you can give away more and more fruit from your harvest.

By the way why dont you have? Is it lack of a job or something? Or you don't earn much?
Re: I No Longer Go To Church If I'm Skint (no Money), Can't Stand The Pressure! by paris10: 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2011
Joagbaje:

It is wrong to make someone feel bad for not having. You should know Gods word for yourself not to feel bad. But at the same time you should nurture the desire to give. One thing is not having to give , another thing is being critical of giving. That will be a mistake . But if you desire to give , there will be a seed. because God always give seed to the sower. You give your way out of poverty.

10 For God, who gives seed to the farmer to plant, and later on good crops to harvest and eat, will give you more and more seed to plant and will make it grow so that you can give away more and more fruit from your harvest.

By the way why dont you have? Is it lack of a job or something? Or you don't earn much?

I was speaking generally for those who do not have. Your question is childish and does have a lil bit of ignorance in it. You don't know me, and I bet you'll find it difficult having the privilege to know me. You're one of those gullible Xtians who attribute success to giving in Church rather than giving generally (Charity).
Re: I No Longer Go To Church If I'm Skint (no Money), Can't Stand The Pressure! by ogajim(m): 12:22am On Jul 13, 2011
Joagbaje:

Pastor JoAgbaje don come again!

You didn't seem to read all of OP's original post and now coming with your own, "give your way out of poverty"? WOW! I am not surprised your own form of giving is only to a Church after all, your man CD said " if you sow time, all you will get out of it is a vacation"

Straight CASH homies, that's all the FAKE churches are all about.
Re: I No Longer Go To Church If I'm Skint (no Money), Can't Stand The Pressure! by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 13, 2011
When i was HUNGRY you gave me to eat. When i was THIRSTY you gave me to drink. Now enter into thy home of my faaatheerrr!.
My point is:
Does any of these pastors look hungry and thirsty to you?
Re: I No Longer Go To Church If I'm Skint (no Money), Can't Stand The Pressure! by paris10: 11:52pm On Jul 13, 2011
Highbros:

When i was HUNGRY you gave me to eat. When i was THIRSTY you gave me to drink. Now enter into thy home of my faaatheerrr!.
My point is:
Does any of these pastors look hungry and thirsty to you?

U are a big bambu. Ignorance is not an excuse.  Quoting irrelevant scripture shows how dumb you are
Re: I No Longer Go To Church If I'm Skint (no Money), Can't Stand The Pressure! by obowunmi(m): 10:12am On Jul 14, 2011
Hahahaha! Fuuny thread.
Re: I No Longer Go To Church If I'm Skint (no Money), Can't Stand The Pressure! by Jenwitemi(m): 10:53am On Jul 14, 2011
Actually, highbros is on your side. You've misunderstood his post. Read it again.
paris10:

U are a big bambu. Ignorance is not an excuse.  Quoting irrelevant scripture shows how dumb you are
Re: I No Longer Go To Church If I'm Skint (no Money), Can't Stand The Pressure! by Image123(m): 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2011
Confused set of sinners.
Re: I No Longer Go To Church If I'm Skint (no Money), Can't Stand The Pressure! by Jenwitemi(m): 9:53pm On Jul 14, 2011
But you are not a sinner, of course. Deluded pastors' boy.
Image123:

Confused set of sinners.
Re: I No Longer Go To Church If I'm Skint (no Money), Can't Stand The Pressure! by Dyt(f): 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2011

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Homage To God Almighty, The Eternal Rock Of Ages / GREAT ERROR In Deeper Life Bible Church / The Hateful Language Of Atheism And Its Possible Effects On Society.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.