Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour (4461 Views)

Who Made You My Lord ? / Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / Why Are Nigerians Too Superstitious And Believe Too Much In Juju? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by snazzyfad(m): 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2009
I WAS BORN INTO A MUSLIM HOME BUT AS I GROW I GREW TO LOVE THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION ,WHICH I EVENTUALLY HAVE TO PRACTICE.BUT DURING MY DAYS AS A MUSLIM I WAS ABLE TO LEARN SOME GREAT LESSONS FROM THE RELIGION THAT MAKES ME HOLD IT IN HIHG ESTEEM AND WILL NOT TALK AGAINST IT,BECAUSE I ALSO LEARNT FROM GOOD SCHOLARS WHO THOUGTH REAL LIFE ISSUES.

ONE OF THE THINGS I LEARNT AS A MUSLIM IS TO BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST AS ONE OF THE TENENTS OF ISLAM IS TO BELIEVE IN ALL THE PROPHETS OF ALLAH.BUT THE CLAUSE IS ,THE MUSLIMS DO NOT AGREE THAT JESUS IS THE SAVIOUR AND JUST ONE OF THE PROPHET OF GOD AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH.

NOW MY MY QUESTION IS THIS ,WHAT IF I AM A MUSLIM AND I BELIEVE JESUS IS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR AS THE CHRISTIANS BELIEVE,THOSE THAT MAKE ENJOY THE BENEFIT THAT JESUS PROMISED WHILE I STILL WOR SHIP THE ISLAMIC WAY.?/

1 Like

Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by manmustwac(m): 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2009
Well u must've been influenced by christianity from a young age i believe in a year or two from now your conversion to christianity will be complete.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by noetic2: 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2009
ur belief system is fundamentally flawed. . .

a. If u believe Jesus is a prophet and not God. . .u believe the lie of the DEVIL (allah) and not in Jesus Himself.

b. If u believe that Jesus is the son of God, who has redeemed ur sins. u confess ur sins and acknowledge Him as ur saviour.
Then u are saved and now under the grace of salvation, redemption and eternal life.

c. You cannot have Jesus and still be a muslim. Light and darkness have no agreement.

d. u need to radically question ur belief system.

1 Like

Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by alimat2(f): 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2009
If u are a Muslim(Practising) u must believe that Jesus is a great man of God and all the miracles he perfumed.
If u that Jesus to be ur Lord then u are serving 2 Lords. Muslims will never believe that Jesus died or his is God or son of God.

IF U WANNA BE A  XTIAN U CAN BE. BUT CANT BE A MUSLIM AND BELIEVE JESUS DIED OR HIS IS UR LORD

THE CHOICE IS URS
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by muhsin(m): 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2009
You are not a Muslim.

Even the thread's title should aptly toll like: What If I Profess Islam and Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour?

For a wire cannot be negative and at the same time positive. Is that possible?

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us to the right path, amen.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by bawomolo(m): 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2009
you seem to be practicing chrislam or you are transitioning to christianity.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by Abuzola(m): 7:52pm On Aug 13, 2009
@poster
You are not a practising muslim and you do not know What Islam is. Prophet Muhammad is not a saviour not to talk of any man.
Have you asked yourself, why was jesus beaten and struck and yet he couldn't save himself from the pharises, Jesus was dependant on the God in heaven thats why he prayed to God to save him from the crucifiction luke 22:42, in christianity God did not heed to him, God forsake him mathew 27:46 and he died in the hand of his enemy. Is this who you called saviour ?
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by duduspace(m): 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2009
@Poster

Please don't stop at Islam and Xtianity, also beleive in Ogun, sango, oya, buddha, mormon, e.t.c. that you can beleive in. It is logical to either beleive in all religions or to beleive in non at all. To choose any particular one is the beginning of the long or short road to fanatism depending on your circumstances. You have chosen well.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by Maykelly(f): 8:30am On Aug 14, 2009
snazzyfad:

NOW MY MY QUESTION IS THIS ,WHAT IF I AM A MUSLIM AND I BELIEVE JESUS IS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR AS THE CHRISTIANS BELIEVE,THOSE THAT MAKE ENJOY THE BENEFIT THAT JESUS PROMISED WHILE I STILL WOR SHIP THE ISLAMIC WAY. Heathen way?/

@poster,

Point 1.  If You believe that Jesus is Your Saviour and you still worship with the Heathen (muslim), you are still far off from the True God.

Point 2.  If You believe that Jesus is Your Saviour and does not believe that Jesus died on the cross, you are still a Heathen

Point 3: If You believe that Jesus is Your Saviour and does not believe that Jesus is the Son of the Most High God "Almighty God" I mean the True God of the Bible. your still a Heathen.

Unless HE that died on the CROSS TOUCHES the BLIND, the Blind will not See

1 Like

Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by Bobbyaf(m): 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2009
I am sorry to say that all you Muslim haters and bashers are not true Christians. If you were born again Christians your approach to those of other belief systems would be better. This is what I hate about forums. Its like a hospital with sick and deranged persons who seek attention, and will do and say anything to get it.

To the poster don't listen to people who call themselves Christians, and who indeed are not. At no point in time did Christ bash the Samaritans for having a different belief system. Instead He lived the life that was a testimony to the truth. He addressed the woman at the well with respect and dignity. He really loved people, and that is what will ultimately distinguish those who know Christ from those who merely pretend.

Let me encourage you to search with all your heart. God knows every heart, and if you reach out to Him He will show you the way.

God bless!

1 Like

Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by Abuzola(m): 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2009
Best and cogent statement by a christian, bravo dude
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by olabowale(m): 11:49pm On Aug 15, 2009
If the whole world turn against Islam and they can temporarily win, for Shaitan. The world without Muslim will not diminish the Glory of the Glorified Lord God the Creator, Allah the Irresistable! A person who lives the prophet (the human guide) of his time and takes a prophet that belonged to an earlier time, instead (as the savior by guidance given to him by his Lord who sent him), disbelieves in the prophet he decides to choose as well as all previous prophets and indeed the prophet of his time that he actually ignored!

A man who lived in the time of Ibrahim (AS) should not reject Ibrahim for Noah, a previous time Prophet (AS) A man who lived in the time of Musa (AS) can not insist that he only followed Ibrahim and rejected Musa by this. The people who lived in the time of Isa bin Mariam (AS) should never take Musa and rejected Isa! The man who is now living in the prophet time of Muhammad (AS) which started from the very first revealed 5 verses of Surah Alaq (Creation), and will not end until the end of mankind, should not reject Muhammad and take any prophet or messenger or Messiah or angel or nothing as what he follows. Such a one is a rejecter of faith. Such action does not remove anything from the esteemed elevated position that Allah place in remembrance of Muhammad (AS) in the esteemed companies nor the Lordship Godship Creatorship of the Knower, the Always Alive, the Creator and the Lord of All things, Allah.

Allah says that oh believeing mankind guard yourself and your family away from the Fire whose fuel shall be stones and mankind! Lets reflect on that portion; stone being a fuel. We can imagine man being a fuel; Mankind can be charred after intensed head. The heat that will burn stone that will make it a "Fuel" will be tremendous! Lets be wise and guard ourselves and our family away from it. Anyone who is fearful of the punishment on the day of Judgement shuld run to the Creator, the Only One Who can save any and all from His punishment!
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by Abuzola(m): 9:20am On Aug 16, 2009
Allahu akbar
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by Maykelly(f): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2009
olabowale:

If the whole world turn against Islam and they can temporarily win, for Shaitan. The world without Muslim will not diminish the Glory of the Glorified Lord God the Creator, Allah the Irresistable! A person who lives the prophet (the human guide) of his time and takes a prophet that belonged to an earlier time, instead (as the savior by guidance given to him by his Lord who sent him), disbelieves in the prophet he decides to choose as well as all previous prophets and indeed the prophet of his time that he actually ignored!

A man who lived in the time of Ibrahim (AS) should not reject Ibrahim for Noah, a previous time Prophet (AS) A man who lived in the time of Musa (AS) can not insist that he only followed Ibrahim and rejected Musa by this. The people who lived in the time of Isa bin Mariam (AS) should never take Musa and rejected Isa! The man who is now living in the prophet time of Muhammad (AS) which started from the very first revealed 5 verses of Surah Alaq (Creation), and will not end until the end of mankind, should not reject Muhammad and take any prophet or messenger or Messiah or angel or nothing as what he follows. Such a one is a rejecter of faith. Such action does not remove anything from the esteemed elevated position that Allah place in remembrance of Muhammad (AS) in the esteemed companies nor the Lordship Godship Creatorship of the Knower, the Always Alive, the Creator and the Lord of All things, Allah.

Allah says that oh believeing mankind guard yourself and your family away from the Fire whose fuel shall be stones and mankind! Lets reflect on that portion; stone being a fuel. We can imagine man being a fuel; Mankind can be charred after intensed head. The heat that will burn stone that will make it a "Fuel" will be tremendous! Lets be wise and guard ourselves and our family away from it. Anyone who is fearful of the punishment on the day of Judgement shuld run to the Creator, the Only One Who can save any and all from His punishment!

Really, u just have to embrace ogaga - because he is better off. he has choosen his master devil; stop this bla-bla bla- u irritates me the more every day angry
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by argent(f): 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2009
Bobbyaf:

I am sorry to say that all you Muslim haters and bashers are not true Christians. If you were born again Christians your approach to those of other belief systems would be better. This is what I hate about forums. Its like a hospital with sick and deranged persons who seek attention, and will do and say anything to get it.

To the poster don't listen to people who call themselves Christians, and who indeed are not. At no point in time did Christ bash the Samaritans for having a different belief system. Instead He lived the life that was a testimony to the truth. He addressed the woman at the well with respect and dignity. He really loved people, and that is what will ultimately distinguish those who know Christ from those who merely pretend.

Let me encourage you to search with all your heart. God knows every heart, and if you reach out to Him He will show you the way.

God bless!

God bless you for this wonderful piece.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by olabowale(m): 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2009
@May kelly: « #13 on: Today at 11:31:56 AM »
Really, u just have to embrace ogaga - because he is better off. he has choosen his master devil; stop this bla-bla bla- u irritates me the more every day
Am glad I finally located the anger button in you. I think I will have a home in Port Harcourt, so that I can really stay on your mind. Ogaga is at least not worshipping three gods, like you May Kelly! Which one are you going worship this evening, and which one you worshipped very early in the morning and which one was the after god? Arent the three gods Jealouse of one another, whereby the two lesser gods combine their godpowers to combat with one lonely 3rd god?

Am coming for you soon. Only if I know your street or your neighborhood, I will just get a home in there just to let you know that am there! lol. This girl is funny with here bla, blah, blaha! I dont care if you are hurt by my irritating you. I hope it increases everyday.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by Tebson(m): 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2009

God bless!
[td][/td][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font].God bless you for this.@poster you just got the best reply/comment to ur doubt
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by olabowale(m): 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2009
Muhammad (AS) behaved much much robust in kindness than any man who ever walked the surface of this earth, Messenger, prophet, king, emperor, etc. He is leader of mankind and the Iman of all Messengers and prophets (AS). From Adam to Jesus (AS), he Muhammad led them all.

You are in doubt read Surah Saffat verse 6 and see what Jesus came to earth to do.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by sleek29(m): 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2009
@olabowale,that's what i hate, propaganda, give me one thing that islam has brought to this world other that wars.

A leader without a successor is a failure(shia vs sunni)

A leader who slept with a 9 year old

A leader who killed innocent people

A leader who took his son's wife
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2009
snazzyfad:

I WAS BORN INTO A MUSLIM HOME BUT AS I GROW I GREW TO LOVE THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION ,WHICH I EVENTUALLY HAVE TO PRACTICE.BUT DURING MY DAYS AS A MUSLIM I WAS ABLE TO LEARN SOME GREAT LESSONS FROM THE RELIGION THAT MAKES ME HOLD IT IN HIHG ESTEEM AND WILL NOT TALK AGAINST IT,BECAUSE I ALSO LEARNT FROM GOOD SCHOLARS WHO THOUGTH REAL LIFE ISSUES.

ONE OF THE THINGS I LEARNT AS A MUSLIM IS TO BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST AS ONE OF THE TENENTS OF ISLAM IS TO BELIEVE IN ALL THE PROPHETS OF ALLAH.BUT THE CLAUSE IS ,THE MUSLIMS DO NOT AGREE THAT JESUS IS THE SAVIOUR AND JUST ONE OF THE PROPHET OF GOD AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH.

NOW MY MY QUESTION IS THIS ,WHAT IF I AM A MUSLIM AND I BELIEVE JESUS IS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR AS THE CHRISTIANS BELIEVE,THOSE THAT MAKE ENJOY THE BENEFIT THAT JESUS PROMISED WHILE I STILL WOR SHIP THE ISLAMIC WAY.?/

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19FU7Yyx4D4&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

Watch how Muslims clerics in the middle east and North Africa apply wisdom when it comes to their faith in Christ Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by olabowale(m): 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2009
Olaadegbu: That guy, the Christian Coptic from Egypt has no traces of ever making prostration in his face. All Arab muslims and those who have always been prostrating do have that flatness to the forehead as a result of the from the time of being a baby prostrations when the bone was still young. The dude is always a christian.

@sleek29: « #18 on: Today at 03:34:07 PM »
@olabowale,that's what i hate, propaganda, give me one thing that islam has brought to this world other that wars.
A leader without a successor is a failure(shia vs sunni)
A leader who slept with a 9 year old
A leader who killed innocent people
A leader who took his son's wife
Adopted son is not a natural son. There is no blood relationship, and when the adopted children sleep with each other it will not be as abominable as two people with same parents but raise apart. And can you dispute this, Sleek29? I wonder what you will say about the "innocent people" that Moses, Abraham, Solom, Joshua, David, King Saul killed? You see I did not even mentioned Ester and Ruth, etc killings of innocents. I do not want to take adantage of you and asked what do you think of the innocent people who killed Jesus? lol! A wife's age is between a husband and wife. My dearest zainab is a young girl to me. Am sure she is as old or older than you. I hope you will accuse me of robbing the cradle? And who succeeded Jesus? Paul? Lol. I hope you will continue to hate the truth that you termed propaganda! There is no letting down, man!

Get me what Christianity has brough to the world other than immitating paganizm, and of course the "caution" of slap me on the right and I turn the left for good measure that you could not keep? Slek ma pani lerin. I have too many good Christians that I do sometimes just hold back.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2009
olabowale:

Olaadegbu: That guy, the Christian Coptic from Egypt has no traces of ever making prostration in his face. All Arab muslims and those who have always been prostrating do have that flatness to the forehead as a result of the from the time of being a baby prostrations when the bone was still young. The dude is always a christian.

It would have been better if you had taken your time to watch and listen to what he was saying in the clip, then you will realise that your comment is way out of place and this betrays the fact that you did not watch it.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by olabowale(m): 1:46am On Aug 19, 2009
Lo joko ogbeni. I am way past your thinking. I have been on this earth long enough to know the gimmick of keferi like you who wants somebody to watch another keferi lie on Jesus.

Unlike you, I have listened to the darn Kufara and i know he is a darn liar. You have a wool over your eyes before, he will just have to reinforce it on you, but me, what will I need to listen to his garbage for?

Just a moment ago, I was thinking, without being religions; the idea of a worker having to be responsible to three equal masters, 100% to each one at the same time is impossible versus the worker who only takes order from a single master. These are the scenerios of Christianity's Trinity and Islam's One complete God. You can wrap your rotten wares in fancy wrappings, it will only look good, until you unwrap it.

Three gods becoming One God the Creator is a pretty rotten idea! Everything else under it is in the same light.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by ilosiwaju: 11:52am On Aug 19, 2009
@poster
then you are simply deluded.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2009
@ olabowale,

Before you go out on a tangent and start instigating your almajiris to slaughter the man you see in that videoclip even though you have not listened to what he was saying; he did not say that he was a muslim, he is a coptic christian as his dressing depicts. Why are you afraid to watch the film, are you scared that you might come across the truth? If you don't want to be confused with the facts I will leave you to bury your head in the sand since ignorance is bliss. But for those of you who are sincere seekers of the truth don't let any of these far -to-see deny you of the opportunity of getting out of bondage simply click on the video link to get knowledge and understanding.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by muhsin(m): 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2009
ilosiwaju:

@poster
then you are simply deluded.

He might be un-deluded.  grin

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us to the right path, amen.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by muhsin(m): 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

@ olabowale,

Before you go out on a tangent and start instigating your almajiris to slaughter the man you see in that videoclip even though you have not listened to what he was saying; he did not say that he was a muslim, he is a coptic christian as his dressing depicts. Why are you afraid to watch the film, are you scared that you might come across the truth? If you don't want to be confused with the facts I will leave you to bury your head in the sand since ignorance is bliss. But for those of you who are sincere seekers of the truth don't let any of these far -to-see deny you of the opportunity of getting out of bondage simply click on the video link to get knowledge and understanding.

I don't ever waste my time watching such a fraudulent video clips. They are pure crap.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2009
muhsin:

I don't ever waste my time watching such a fraudulent video clips. They are pure crap.

Like I said, If you don't want to be confused with the facts don't watch it because you stand the risk of losing your ignorance if you do. wink
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by muhsin(m): 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Like I said, If you don't want to be confused with the facts don't watch it because you stand the risk of losing your ignorance if you do. wink

Like I also said, the clips are wholly fraud, thus not worthy viewing.

Should I present you facts to believe that? Don't think there is that need.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by Nezan(m): 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2009
muhsin:

Like I also said, the clips are wholly fraud, thus not worthy viewing.

Should I present you facts to believe that? Don't think there is that need.

why are you guyz afraid of watching the clip?
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by johnel2real(m): 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
Abuzola:
@poster
You are not a practising muslim and you do not know What Islam is. Prophet Muhammad is not a saviour not to talk of any man.
Have you asked yourself, why was jesus beaten and struck and yet he couldn't save himself from the pharises, Jesus was dependant on the God in heaven thats why he prayed to God to save him from the crucifiction luke 22:42, in christianity God did not heed to him, God forsake him mathew 27:46 and he died in the hand of his enemy. Is this who you called saviour ?
wow, you don't really understand what u are saying. God hates sins. He destroyed sodom for their sins punished Israel when they sinned, removed Adam&Eve from the Garden of Eden when they sinned. God has always frowned on sin from the beginning. As a Moslem, i believe u remember how a lamb was always sacrificed to remove the sins of the Israelites? Jesus was a stereotype of that lamb. U are right in ur quotations but ur conclusion is wrong. Before the pharisees arrested him, he already accepted his suffering(Matthew 26:36-46, mark 14:32-42) and even in the gospel of Luke 22:42 u quoted, if read on u will see that he said "if this suffering cannot be taken away, father let ur will be done" and his father's will was for him to die that the whole world will be saved, so he already accepted God's will even before the suffering started. On the cross before he died, he felt the presence of God gone from him, so he asked his father why he was forsaken, and we all know why. It is because the sins of the whole world were laid upon him, even though he was God's son, God could not stand the sin upon him. But he died and rose again on the third day showing God's acceptance and ascended into heaven where he lives forever with his father and all the saints who did God's will on earth. and we who are living will join him someday, when he will come back in glory to judge the living and the dead. So make ur choice and choose wisely, for that will determine where u end up someday, be it heaven or hell. I have made mine, i choose to serve Jesus Christ all my life.
Re: What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour by tartar9(m): 3:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
you can't be a Muslim and an idolater at the same time

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet (Locked) / How To Pray According To The Bible / Why Do We Mourn When Someone Dies? Can't We Dance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.