Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Limits/privacy In Marriage. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Limits/privacy In Marriage. (259 Views)

Parents Of Todddlers, How Do You Get Privacy For Intimacy / Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? / Wife With No Privacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Limits/privacy In Marriage. by curiousmind11: 5:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
Please, what are the general limits or spousal privacy in modern day marriage. It is very common for some spouse to tell his/her partner, "that is my private/personal life", "that is my business ".
These days, the private parts (genitals) of married couples are easily accessed than their phones or computers. Is the phrase "better half" a mirage?

Second question: How would you respond to your partner who deletes most of his/her sms and whatsapp chats before he/she can let you into his/her phone?
Re: Limits/privacy In Marriage. by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Apr 28, 2022
curiousmind11:
1. Please, what are the general limits or spousal privacy in modern day marriage. It is very common for some spouse to tell his/her partner, "that is my private/personal life", "that is my business ".

2. These days, the private parts (genitals) of married couples are easily accessed than their phones or computers. Is the phrase "better half" a mirage?

Second question: How would you respond to your partner who deletes most of his/her sms and whatsapp chats before he/she can let you into his/her phone?
1. Marriage is defined by the agreement that exists between a man and a woman. So privacy is as agreed upon or as negotiated by the couple in the marriage. undecided

2. Not sure what your understanding of "better half" is. undecided

3. That depends on how far you are willing to take it. Some people don't mind such things as they whitewash it with claims of trusting the other partner, while others let such things lead their minds into the twilight zone. undecided

1 Like

Re: Limits/privacy In Marriage. by Curiouscity(m): 5:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Marriage is defined by the agreement that exists between a man and a woman. So privacy is as agreed upon or as negotiated by the couple in the marriage. undecided

2. Not sure what your understanding of "better half" is. undecided

3. That depends on how far you are willing to take it. Some people don't mind such things as they whitewash it with claims of trusting the other partner, while others let such things lead their minds into the twilight zone. undecided

On the bold, Meaning there should be a detailed agreements on limits and boundaries before one pops the question or say "I do"?

Madam/Sir, we still dey Naija/Africa ooooo

I will like to attend your marriage/relationship seminar.

1 Like

Re: Limits/privacy In Marriage. by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
Curiouscity:
1. On the bold, Meaning there should be a detailed agreements on limits and boundaries before one pops the question or say "I do"?

2. Madam/Sir, we still dey Naija/Africa ooooo

I will like to attend your marriage/relationship seminar.
1. Probably. Ofcourse such agreements can happen anytime within the relationship but these things shouldn't be assumed and need to be communicated and agreed upon so both are on the same page. undecided

2. Africans are still human beings, are they not? What is commonsense does not change from continent to continent. undecided

My marriage/relationship seminar? I no get any. As far as I am concerned. The only rule written in stone regarding marriage is that it is an agreement between a man and a woman. Any other ideas not included - not communicated, negotiated and agreed upon even during the marriage - is invalid. undecided
Re: Limits/privacy In Marriage. by efficiencie(m): 5:07am On Apr 29, 2022
curiousmind11:
Please, what are the general limits or spousal privacy in modern day marriage. It is very common for some spouse to tell his/her partner, "that is my private/personal life", "that is my business ".
These days, the private parts (genitals) of married couples are easily accessed than their phones or computers. Is the phrase "better half" a mirage?

It comes down to what the couples agreed to before deciding to get wedded. If as a couple you had no serious discussion about the dos and don'ts of the marriage before the wedding then you two are "wediots" (two idiots that unfortunately got wedded). If privacy is guaranteed as an agreement then adhere to the agreement but if it was not then have that agreement now. Shikena. If he hides his stuff you too hide your stuff na. Two of you will keep hiding until your home becomes a hideout!

(1) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here !!! / Ask This Questions Before You Marry Him Or Her / An Encouragement Words From Mom To Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.