Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? (24021 Views)

Parents Of Todddlers, How Do You Get Privacy For Intimacy / Wife With No Privacy / Teenagers Dedicate Their Newborn Son In Delta Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by AMumAndMore(f): 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2022
✍� Times have changed and today's generation of teenagers are exposed by a great margin, to what their predecessors weren't.

As more and more teens are getting attracted to various social media platforms, parents are increasingly agitated and worried about what the future holds for their Teens. This isn’t something that can be taken lightly, too, as the consequences of overindulgence in social media can be damaging for teenagers.

Most parents seem to be much quicker in handing out mobile phones without any restrictions to their teens. While the rest apprehensive about doing the same.

While many feel that monitoring your kid’s social media accounts is a violation of their privacy, the dangers present online are far too dangerous to leave them on their own through the early phases of their digital life.

There needs to be a balance between monitoring their online activities and giving them the necessary freedom that they desire.

Mamma, the goal here is to raise well grounded children and if monitoring their social media activity is invading by their privacy, then by all means.

We are parenting as the times demands and we are going to be intentional.

If intentional is your game too, then this might come in handy:

https://amumandmore.com/monitor-teens-social-media-activities/

Society cannot and should not mould our kids. The onus rests upon us to guide them in the way to go.

Do you have any thoughts regarding this topic?

Let's hear them in the comment section.

Love, Laugh, Learn, Lead and Live Life to the Fullest.

Stay Fabulous

©️Viv

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Ishilove: 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
As long as you are living under my roof, no privacy. No locked doors, no passworded phones or devices. Nothing.

181 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by chatinent: 12:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ishilove:
As long as you are living under my roof, no privacy. No locked doors, no passworded phones or devices. Nothing.

What of if na adult visitor wey dey live inside your roof?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by GloriousGbola: 1:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ishilove:

Enhen!!

Dendenden!!

Mummy Ishi come and see snake on ya daughter phone!!!

Come and see er dic pishure!! Ahhh mummy see Ishi bobby dey tanda for whatsapp!!!!

angry angry angry angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Ishilove: 1:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
chatinent:

What of if na adult visitor wey dey live inside your roof?
That is his own business. My rules are for my children

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by kkins25(m): 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ishilove:

LoL.. with the way hackers and yahoo boys don dey increase, you want pikin who would be linked ro you to be going around with unlocked phone that would probably contain passwords to Gmail account which the pikin will use to open bank, crypto, etc..

No take secuirity play oh. E get reason why oyinbo man dey spend billions on top security software.

As you gibe am phone self, before he learn to open email, make he learn to protect data.. hmmm..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Ishilove: 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2022
kkins25:

LoL.. with the way hackers and yahoo boys don dey increase, you want pikin who would be linked ro you to be going around with unlocked phone that would probably contain passwords to Gmail account which the pikin will use to open bank, crypto, etc..

No take secuirity play oh. E get reason why oyinbo man dey spend billions on top security software.

As you gibe am phone self, before he learn to open email, make he learn to protect data.. hmmm..
Ehn, I'm the one that will input the password and give them. If they change it I must know, otherwise i seize the phone. Shikena. I did not give my parents headache so they cannot give me migraine.

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by GloriousGbola: 3:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ishilove:

Ehn, I'm the one that will input the password and give them. If they change it I must know, otherwise i seize the phone. Shikena. I did not give my parents headache so they cannot give me migraine.

That's it right there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by jimmyolasun: 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ishilove:

And you think all those things you dey find no go dey there inside another folder under an invisible app..

Moral: relax and drink Pepsi. Child wey go spoil go spoil. Naa as you take relate with them go determine level of rottenness.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by VirileNelly2420: 4:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ishilove:

Plz are u talking about children or teenagers or adults here?

How can u give an eighteen years old phone and expect him/her not to have privacy?

Dats a blunder on its own.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by kkins25(m): 7:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ishilove:

I no know say PUTIN dey nairaland na.. lol

3 Likes

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by kkins25(m): 7:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Plz are u talking about children or teenagers or adults here?

How can u give an eighteen years old phone and expect him/her not to have privacy?

Dats a blunder on its own.
".secret files"

make sure to put a dot in front of the folder. lol..
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by FalseProphet1(m): 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
All these indomine children of nowadays.

During my days, what is privacy, my mum always had 4-5 canes ready in her rooms to panel beat us at the slightest misbehavior.

But I just feel it's all about communication, the best training a parent can give to a child is communication.

That way the child would feel very free to discuss any issue ranging from her boyfriend, to sex to drinking...etc and you as a parent can easily guide them towards the right path.

This I have seen.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by AntiMen: 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
Try and create a balance Man...

Too much of everything they say is bad...
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Built2last: 1:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:

same here

Till you are out of my house i make the rules and no privacy.

My daughter wrote on her door. Knock before entry.

Her mum entered without knocking. I saw her angry with her mum.

I removed the entire key. she has been begging me. I said be in the top 3 in your class and i will replace the key but no rules in my house

My house my rules. when you get your rules, i will follow it.

UK spoils children and mine wont go down that route

25 Likes

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by merits(m): 1:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
AMumAndMore:

Society cannot and should not mould our kids. The onus rests upon us to guide them in the way to go.

Stay Fabulous

©️Viv
grin

1 Like

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by fasho01(m): 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2022
That's where parental guidance comes on to help strike a balance
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by spafu(m): 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hmm
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by SultanOfPuna: 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:

Oga this WILL NOT WORK.
Every human has a right to privacy
You think seizing phone will change anything?
You are only delaying your child's rebelious tendencies.

All those girls that their father used to lock inside house. Once they enter university or boarding school they unleash their hoe tendencies.
But you see those girls their parents give freedom. They become street smart and know how to avoid useless guys.

Over protection always backfires
It worked in the early 2000's but now it dosent work at all.
Look at pastor oyakilome daughter that throw pool party in her U.K home. Bad bitches wearing bikini with guy men.
Thats why pastor children are the most spoilt minded kids. Dem Bleep pass anything

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Olam09(m): 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2022
AMumAndMore:

Stay Fabulous

©️Viv
No..
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Zonefree(m): 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:
Your children will bypass your rules, obviously cheesy

God always bless strict mothers with smart and creative children.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by EternalBeing: 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
You are a Correct and wise Parent. I left my younger Sister unmonitored just because she gained Admission into Tetiary after our Dad died. Only to be called at Abuja that she left a Message on family WhatsApp that non of us should look for her again. A wicked satanic-tongue guy she met on FB brainwashed her that she shall never succeed in Life unless she

1 Like

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by InvertedHammer: 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
AMumAndMore:

Stay Fabulous

©️Viv
/
Anyone who asks such a question does not deserve to be called a parent.

/

1 Like

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Brian47(m): 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
Want ppl to see this comment
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by iCauseTrouble: 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2022
sad

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Big Joe Motor Killed My Dad In Ekpoma / Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? / Lost But Found Stolen Girl In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.