Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,989 members, 7,835,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Is Your Good Idea God’s Idea? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Your Good Idea God’s Idea? (147 Views)

Subscribe To God's Idea / God's Idea On How To Eradicate Coronavirus / The Family Is God’s Idea- Pastor Kenny Folarin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Good Idea God’s Idea? by SonofIssachar: 1:34am On Apr 29, 2022
The interesting true-life conversation below between a father and his five-year-old son underscores the importance of running our good idea on the litmus of divine will and agenda. The dialogue was narrated by the father:

Driving down to my office with my five-year-old son, we drove past Domino Pizza/Coldstone Ice cream.

Son: Daddy, I want to check out that Coldstone Ice cream.

Father: Uh, okay. Maybe we will when we’re going home.

About 3 hours later, I actually forgot and took another route on our way home. On sighting Fountain, he realised we did not pass the Coldstone route.

Son: But, daddy, I said I wanted to check out Coldstone Ice cream!

Father: Oops! Sorry, I forgot.

Son: Can’t we go back?

Father: Sorry, son. No chance. Maybe next time we’ll go there.

Son: Ok… [not so happy]

Some minutes later, whilst still thinking about the encounter.

Father: But, son, you said you wanted to “check out” the ice cream, right?

Son: Yes, dad.

Father: If we had gone there, who would have paid for the ice cream?

He looked stunned for some seconds.

Son: You, of course!

Father: But it wasn’t my idea that we check out ice cream. The idea was yours. Why should I be the one to pay?

The natural, logical answer.

Son: Because you’re my daddy.

Father: Yes, I am. But that doesn’t mean that I have to pay for it just because you want it.

Silence….

Lesson: Now, isn’t that the way we get with God? Yes, He is our Father, and a very loving Father at that. But does that mean He is bound to provide resources for all our whimsical ideas, dreams, business, ambitions, projects, desires, etc?

How many times do we get stunned like that little boy when God decided to look the other way rather than cater to our whims, even though we are very excited about them and cannot wait to get cracking with them? Is your good idea God’s idea? Remember, if it’s not His idea, then God is not obligated to power it. If He did not commission it, He may not sponsor it, and if it is not His will, it will not be on His bill. And this has nothing to with whether He loves us or not.

Meditation: Do not be like the horse or like the mule, Which have no understanding, Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, Else they will not come near you. – Psalm 32:9

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Also read:

Wise Ideas
Psalm 1 As A Business Principle
14 Questions to Help Clarify Your Steps After A Flash of Inspiration
https://daily-dew.com/is-your-good-idea-gods-idea/
Re: Is Your Good Idea God’s Idea? by Pastoshizzy(m): 2:43am On Apr 29, 2022
SonofIssachar:

The interesting true-life conversation below between a father and his five-year-old son underscores the importance of running our good idea on the litmus of divine will and agenda. The dialogue was narrated by the father:

Driving down to my office with my five-year-old son, we drove past Domino Pizza/Coldstone Ice cream.

Son: Daddy, I want to check out that Coldstone Ice cream.

Father: Uh, okay. Maybe we will when we’re going home.

About 3 hours later, I actually forgot and took another route on our way home. On sighting Fountain, he realised we did not pass the Coldstone route.

Son: But, daddy, I said I wanted to check out Coldstone Ice cream!

Father: Oops! Sorry, I forgot.

Son: Can’t we go back?

Father: Sorry, son. No chance. Maybe next time we’ll go there.

Son: Ok… [not so happy]

Some minutes later, whilst still thinking about the encounter.

Father: But, son, you said you wanted to “check out” the ice cream, right?

Son: Yes, dad.

Father: If we had gone there, who would have paid for the ice cream?

He looked stunned for some seconds.

Son: You, of course!

Father: But it wasn’t my idea that we check out ice cream. The idea was yours. Why should I be the one to pay?

The natural, logical answer.

Son: Because you’re my daddy.

Father: Yes, I am. But that doesn’t mean that I have to pay for it just because you want it.

Silence….

Lesson: Now, isn’t that the way we get with God? Yes, He is our Father, and a very loving Father at that. But does that mean He is bound to provide resources for all our whimsical ideas, dreams, business, ambitions, projects, desires, etc?

How many times do we get stunned like that little boy when God decided to look the other way rather than cater to our whims, even though we are very excited about them and cannot wait to get cracking with them? Is your good idea God’s idea? Remember, if it’s not His idea, then God is not obligated to power it. If He did not commission it, He may not sponsor it, and if it is not His will, it will not be on His bill. And this has nothing to with whether He loves us or not.

Meditation: Do not be like the horse or like the mule, Which have no understanding, Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, Else they will not come near you. – Psalm 32:9

You will succeed in Jesus Name!
Amen, thanks b.
I may ask for your (personally) advice on an issue bothering me but I don't want any bad mouth chooking into my matter.
I love your posts.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Good Idea God’s Idea? by SonofIssachar: 3:03am On Apr 30, 2022
Pastoshizzy:

Amen, thanks b.
I may ask for your (personally) advice on an issue bothering me but I don't want any bad mouth chooking into my matter.
I love your posts.

Thanks for your kind words. As for the issue, you can send us an email through dailydewinsights@gmail.com and we trust that the LORD will provide the counsel you need to resolve it.

(1) (Reply)

Godly Characters, Part One / Biblical Meaning Of Dream About Accident / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/05/2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.