Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) (37104 Views)

Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This / How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities / Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Jascon4: 10:12am On Apr 29, 2022
hammermcc:
This is a pic of Uyo . Imagine if all those bungalows and shanties are demolished and replace with even 8 stories .
The 20 story highrise in Uyo is a good step ,but highrise does not always have to be for office purposes. Nigerians must get used to highrise living ,not necessarily for office purposes.

High rise living with epileptic power supply, non existent public water supply, gas etc. You should know, public utilities need to be put in place to serve as a backbone for this kind of living.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by sirsugar(m): 10:13am On Apr 29, 2022
Parachoko:
How do you guys equate high rise buildings to development?

Lagos has more skyscrapers than a lot of European cities.

In Nigeria, we need well paying jobs, food, security, 24/7 power supply.

After all this things is achieve, then we can rebuild our cities.

In Europe, they do destroy old areas and rebuild them. Nigeria can start doing so when we have solve a lot of issues we are battling with now.

Having skyscrapers no mean say your country is develop.
ur head correct oo, hungry dey kill graduate everywhere, they're talking of highrise building grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Flier: 10:13am On Apr 29, 2022
hammermcc:
Atleast 10 stories is climbable. it's also a good exercise
10 story is not! Anything more than 3 stories is not
A city like this isn’t possible without electricity

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by spy24(m): 10:13am On Apr 29, 2022
Parachoko:

In Europe, they do destroy old areas and rebuild them. Nigeria can start doing so when we have solve a lot of issues we are battling with now.

They don't know

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by PROPHETmichael: 10:13am On Apr 29, 2022
hammermcc:
No Nigerian city looks like this 3d rendering. not even Abuja or Onitsha with it's 4 story buildings. Only Onitsha and maybe Aba comes close though, but not quite. Most Nigerian cities are actually towns, not real cities. in this modern times , highrise structures define cityscapes.
In recent times there's been a lot of focus on roads in Nigeria, albeit we still haven't mastered building roads with drainage and sidewalks. Even so , I think attention should also be given to buildings.

In order to achieve this , all Nigerian cities need new city plan. many structures would have to demolished to erect highrise apartments. It may not have to occur all at once, it could be within a period of time , as long as the blue print is followed by successive governments

Bearing in mind that such buildings require constant power supply because of elevator, where is the constant power supply that occupants and visitors to such building will be using in terms of accessing their destination?

Do you expect Nigerians to be climbing stairs to a 24 or more storey building? What about pregnant women? Those on wheelchair and clutches?

Are the fire service personnel well trained and equipped to manage fire disaster in such building? How are they managing the ones we have now?

Until Nigeria gets it right in the power sector, nothing will work in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by TimmyA: 10:15am On Apr 29, 2022
I pledge to God my creator
pledging to nigeria is a waste to/for me Everyone has right to his/her opinion
Divoc19:
This will happen in 300 years from now grin.
I pledge to Nigeria my country grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Eagba(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2022
SUPERPACK:
The question should be why will you have money to build a 25 storey building but can't afford money for renewable energy to power it. Such buildings don't depend on government for power they normally employ wind turbines, solar panels and generators for backup. In fact it should be a law that any new building above a storey should not be allowed to join the national grid to encourage diversification in the energy sector.
mumu be thinking like you are a white man. you no know people wey surround you. Black men!

A graduate once told me that a local government can never afford to provide stable power supply and free bag of rice for all it's residents in the Yuletide season.

That's our thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by ayoncox: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2022
hammermcc:
No Nigerian city looks like this 3d rendering. not even Abuja or Onitsha with it's 4 story buildings. Only Onitsha and maybe Aba comes close though, but not quite. Most Nigerian cities are actually towns, not real cities. in this modern times , highrise structures define cityscapes.
In recent times there's been a lot of focus on roads in Nigeria, albeit we still haven't mastered building roads with drainage and sidewalks. Even so , I think attention should also be given to buildings.

In order to achieve this , all Nigerian cities need new city plan. many structures would have to demolished to erect highrise apartments. It may not have to occur all at once, it could be within a period of time , as long as the blue print is followed by successive governments

The first reason why that might not happen is because of our sociological problems which led to our dysfunctionality in terms of selection of leadership, distribution of common wealth, human and human capital development and then infrastructural development.
The chaos is the reason why we have lots of abnormal growth and distortion in terms of geographical settlements, once a city is created not too long slums and ghettos begins to evolve because people are looking for survival.
A visionary leader that will provide those concepts you provided in the image will do as Lin Qua Yew did in Singapore by first creating a system to rebirth the people out of slums and poverty through human development after which can come the provision of the infrastructure.

It's almost impossible at the moment as everyone is running his or own private economy in a dysfunctional and unstable national economy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Testimony1988(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2022
CrownOfClay724:
Na maintenance be Koko.

This one no too pass 1004 nah
Yes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Litmus: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2022
angelfallz:
Why should Nigerian cities look like american or western cities?
Nigeria is an African country, cities in Nigeria should look like a Nigerian city and an African city.

You people have serious inferiority complex and don't know it

Indeed.

We need green, clean cities, how ever irregularly spaced our buildings are. We need clear demarcations between roads, pavements, grass verges, buildings, parks and so on. We need sewerage systems and dirt collection to work and become industries on to themselves. If we can manage this combination, our towns and cities, irregularly ordered as they may be, will have character unique and admirable.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by wman(m): 10:20am On Apr 29, 2022
Nonsense talk. Many states in America don't have high-rise buildings dominating their skies. Not every city must be like New York.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Legendoo: 10:20am On Apr 29, 2022
hammermcc:
This is a pic of Uyo . Imagine if all those bungalows and shanties are demolished and replace with even 8 stories .
The 20 story highrise in Uyo is a good step ,but highrise does not always have to be for office purposes. Nigerians must get used to highrise living ,not necessarily for office purposes.

What they need are properly planned non gated estates.

Is uyo over populated? If the answer is no , then high rise buildings are unnecessary, they lower the standards of living not improve them.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by pappilo(m): 10:21am On Apr 29, 2022
Parachoko:

Tell me one major western European city Lagos has more skyscrappers than
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by uvie66: 10:23am On Apr 29, 2022
judatech:
Highrise residential buildings with erratic power supply doesn't go well o!
I concur.... imagine you have a 20 storey high rise and the lift breaks down because of NEPA, how do you deal with that ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by ruggedtimi(m): 10:25am On Apr 29, 2022
Not necessary skyscrapers....but neateness and well planned city, with a steady power supply and good security

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by uvie66: 10:26am On Apr 29, 2022
hammermcc:
Atleast 10 stories is climbable. it's also a good exercise
... after you have finished work at 1800 hrs, endure Lagos traffic for another two hours what energy do you have to be climbing a 10 storey building ?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Titaniumental: 10:27am On Apr 29, 2022
hammermcc:

When i saw "only Aba and Onitsha comes close" i lost interest in the gibberish..........i already know where this frustrated tribal bigot is coming from and going to.clown

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by stasius: 10:28am On Apr 29, 2022
Onitsha buildings are okay for the environment. What Onitsha needs is good solid road networks inside the streets with drainages, road markings and traffic lights and signs, better greener landscaping, adequate waste management.
Then with 24hrs power supply, they are good to go.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Parachoko: 10:37am On Apr 29, 2022
pappilo:

Tell me one major western European city Lagos has more skyscrappers than
Zurich, Stockholm, Brussel. You ask for one I gave you three and there are still more.

Europeans do not fancy skyscrapers.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by baralatie(m): 10:39am On Apr 29, 2022
thesicilian:
First things first: let's have enough food to eat
And electricity that is affordable and sustainable

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by baralatie(m): 10:39am On Apr 29, 2022
Titaniumental:

When i saw "only Aba and Onitsha comes close" i lost interest in the gibberish..........i already know where this frustrated tibal bigot is coming from and going to.clown
grin
You dey vex o
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Exjoker(m): 10:41am On Apr 29, 2022
Imagine staying in a 20th floor of a storey building with no water or electricity to power elevators....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:42am On Apr 29, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Very soon

Keep dreaming sir.
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:46am On Apr 29, 2022
And u will use generator to make the lift functional
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by whitestar01(m): 10:46am On Apr 29, 2022
CrownOfClay724:
Na maintenance be Koko.

This one no too pass 1004 nah
Is 1004 a city
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by IceDune: 10:55am On Apr 29, 2022
Titaniumental:

When i saw "only Aba and Onitsha comes close" i lost interest in the gibberish..........i already know where this frustrated tribal bigot is coming from and going to.clown

Did you actually look at the bird eye view of Onitsha before jumping to conclusions or you just a tribal bigot like you accuse the op?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by rafcrown(m): 10:56am On Apr 29, 2022
After the elimination of corrupt leaders ruling us.
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 29, 2022
Our government failed us, raping us since 1960
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Titaniumental: 11:00am On Apr 29, 2022
IceDune:

Did you actually look at the bird eye view of Onitsha before jumping to conclusions or you just a tribal bigot like you accuse the op?
Yh i know another more frustrated tribal bigot will quote me with some more bigotry,clown

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Proudlyomonna: 11:02am On Apr 29, 2022
lightskinnigga:
Onitsha, anambra already looks like this

But with 4-5 stories

All the states in Igboland are fast developing and beautiful.
But energy should be infused in keeping the environment clean.
During Owelle's first tenure, Owerri and Imo as a whole was very clean.
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by baralatie(m): 11:04am On Apr 29, 2022
Exjoker:
Imagine staying in a 20th floor of a storey building with no water or electricity to power elevators....
It will be a horror experience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Procedure For Building A Storey Building / Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant / Nigerians Are Very Wicked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.