Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Western Union Problem - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Western Union Problem (595 Views)

Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter / How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Western Union Problem by Morningblues: 1:13pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hello, good afternoon y’all
I wanted to use western union since on Wednesday they keep telling me no network, I went today again same thing. I wanted to receive 250$, is there a way the person can collect the money back, I want him to collect it and use worldremit. He have sent me mtcn number and everything. So I’m confused
Re: Western Union Problem by Tokskob2008: 1:27pm On Apr 29, 2022
Morningblues:
I wanted to use western union since on Wednesday they keep telling me no network, I went today again same thing. I wanted to receive 250$, is there a way the person can collect the money back, I want him to collect it and use worldremit. He have sent me mtcn number and everything. So I’m confused
You will have to wait till the network is ok or maybe try another bank. I'm not sure the sender can collect the money back since it's already sent and you have the mtcn number..
Next time insist on some other faster means Western Union is always slow and problematic.
Re: Western Union Problem by wallarwallar(m): 1:30pm On Apr 29, 2022
Tell the sender to go and cancel the transaction from where he sent it and state the reason. They will refund the money bt u sef na only one place u dey go why can't u visit other branches or may be na western union general problem so people still dey use western union. Gone @ dose days wey western union be household name.. westy
Re: Western Union Problem by Morningblues: 2:43pm On Apr 29, 2022
Tokskob2008:

You will have to wait till the network is ok or maybe try another bank. I'm not sure the sender can collect the money back since it's already sent and you have the mtcn number..
Next time insist on some other faster means Western Union is always slow and problematic.

The person said he will credit my account directly, I gave him my access bank account number. Can I use other bank to do it
Re: Western Union Problem by Tokskob2008: 3:02pm On Apr 29, 2022
Morningblues:

The person said he will credit my account directly, I gave him my access bank account number. Can I use other bank to do it
He can only credit you directly if he is also using any of our banks before going there if not there's no way except through the likes of western Union and world remit as CBN as cancelled the direct transfer option.
Re: Western Union Problem by peterian: 7:06pm On May 01, 2022
Try gtb, i encountered same challenge few months ago, tried 3 banks i have account with and they were all saying no network, then i just strolled into the next bank (Gtb) close to my bank and i was able to cash the money immediately, i have used same bank again and transaction was smooth. Hope this helps
Re: Western Union Problem by Solanaa: 8:05pm On May 01, 2022
Morningblues:

That’s why crypto is the future.

It would have saved you all these stress!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Any One Interested To Hire Tippers For Work, Am Here For You / Water Borehole At Reasonable Cost By A Geologist/hydro-geophysiscist / Lets Make Ur Business Ideas Marketable:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.