Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

How Many Pages Should Google Index In 3 Months - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Many Pages Should Google Index In 3 Months (491 Views)

How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? / How Many Hours Should I Commit In A Day In Order To Learn Javascript In 3 Months / How To Index Your New Blog Post On Google In A Minute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Pages Should Google Index In 3 Months by JavaScript90: 4:44pm On Apr 29, 2022
have a website that I did for a client around February this year.

The website have about 1000 listings but from my Google console about 100 pages is already indexed and about 50 crawled but not yet indexed.

So having about 100 pages on Google within 3 months, is the website performing well in terms of number of pages indexed?

Note that their is no form of promotion or advertisement done for the website
Re: How Many Pages Should Google Index In 3 Months by JavaScript90: 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2022
Nobody dey do SEO for nairaland again?
Re: How Many Pages Should Google Index In 3 Months by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2022
Yea no SEO is not something very common yet so it's not that surprising considering those with SEO expertise are usually elite freelancers with ample experience, about your website the speed is a little bit below average but considering no form of advertisement was made I'd say it's going pretty fine

2 Likes

Re: How Many Pages Should Google Index In 3 Months by JavaScript90: 9:49pm On Apr 29, 2022
Jayjayango:
Yea no SEO is not something very common yet so it's not that surprising considering those with SEO expertise are usually elite freelancers with ample experience, about your website the speed is a little bit below average but considering no form of advertisement was made I'd say it's going pretty fine

Thanks for this. But how many pages per month can be considered average? It is a property listing website and ranks very well and on Google first page for the indexed listings. Considering that the pages are heavy with an average of 20-25 images per page, do you think that the page size could be a factor affecting the rate of indexing?
Re: How Many Pages Should Google Index In 3 Months by Nobody: 5:57am On Apr 30, 2022
JavaScript90:

Thanks for this. But how many pages per month can be considered average? It is a property listing website and ranks very well and on Google first page for the indexed listings. Considering that the pages are heavy with an average of 20-25 images per page, do you think that the page size could be a factor affecting the rate of indexing?
The images don't really make that big a difference although it increases load time, websites can be indexed overnight we all know that but it can take upto several months for newly established and small websites to be indexed, I'm just estimating here because there is no standard index rate so I can't really say the exact number that should be indexed In a month let's say but 100 in 3 if it was me I won't be satisfied how about you try to sitemap it(to increase crawling), improve server response time just general tricks to improve Crawl and index rate
Re: How Many Pages Should Google Index In 3 Months by stanliwise(m): 11:18am On Apr 30, 2022
JavaScript90:
have a website that I did for a client around February this year.

The website have about 1000 listings but from my Google console about 100 pages is already indexed and about 50 crawled but not yet indexed.

So having about 100 pages on Google within 3 months, is the website performing well in terms of number of pages indexed?

Note that their is no form of promotion or advertisement done for the website
submit a sitemap to google

1000 pages are too much to leave to google to figure out
Re: How Many Pages Should Google Index In 3 Months by JavaScript90: 11:29am On Apr 30, 2022
stanliwise:
submit a sitemap to google

1000 pages are too much to leave to google to figure out

I already have a sitemap which Google have gone through and counted the number of links. I have even resorted to manually submitting the links for instant crawling on Google console. The problem is that the indexing is not as fast as I want it to be.

Maybe things will improve when the marketing kicks off

(1) (Reply)

Key Differences Between Node JS Vs Javascript / Between C, C# , C++ And Java / Help Help Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.