Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock (26698 Views)

Ortom Inaugurates PDP Campaign Council In Benue, Receives 25 Buses From Wike / Sandra Bassey Is First Female To Lead Legislative Council In Akwa Ibom State / John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by Sultty(m): 9:13pm On Apr 29, 2022
Sabadon:
This man just turn Aso rock to reception home undecided

Receiving with nothing to show for it, by the way what might be going through buharis mind here
the guest looked like d host for this picture
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by lexy2014: 9:13pm On Apr 29, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
How do you know?
Why did you say so?
Do you really mean it?
Is his gallivanting not violation of Bini stool?
shocked

I hear that the oba ought not to leave his but am not sure if that is what the tradition really is. His predecessors did venture out of the palace on a few occasions so his isn't a first. oba Ewuare loves good & flashy things. Dude is in his late 60s but it doesn't show. He didn't stay in the palace his father used. The guy built a more flashy and bigger one. He also has a taste for women. The more the merrier. Below is his youngest wife.

Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by Nigerialabalaba: 9:15pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ghostwon7:

I have educated so many of your tribesmen right here on nairaland over many years.
You guys are just too lazy to look up the available littérature and keep restarting the debate right from the beginning.

Look, young kid, there was never any oranmiyan, it is a fairytale. All you think you know are mere myths created by story tellers.
u no be bini royalty so go rest.

u be a descendant of commoners, servants or slaves. ur Oba wey be yoruba descendant don finish d matter and ur nobody talk no matter.
Go argue with ur oba if u like.shiorr

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by lexy2014: 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2022
Sultty:
the guest looked like d host for this picture

Hmmm ....very true
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:17pm On Apr 29, 2022
So how many wife does he have?
How many children?
What's the age of his first child? Boy or girl?
lexy2014:

I hear that the oba ought not to leave his but am not sure if that is what the tradition really is. His predecessors did venture out of the palace on a few occasions so his isn't a first. oba Ewuare loves good & flashy things. Dude is in his late 60s but it doesn't show. He didn't stay in the palace his father used. The guy built a more flashy and bigger one. He also has a taste for women. The more the merrier. Below is his youngest wife.
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:18pm On Apr 29, 2022
Even in book written by Bini People, they never claim this Nonsense you wrote here.

You need to read more
Ghostwon7:

I have educated so many of your tribesmen right here on nairaland over many years.
You guys are just too lazy to look up the available littérature and keep restarting the debate right from the beginning.

Look, young kid, there was never any oranmiyan, it is a fairytale. All you think you know are mere myths created by story tellers.

What is wrong with education in the southwest, you guys are never in lack of I'll educated and arrogant nairalanders who know nothing and yet believe they know it all. As soon as you get some education, some other ignorant Brazilian slave descendent will come here to restart the debate right from the beginning.
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by Mcreloaded(m): 9:20pm On Apr 29, 2022
Corona virus don vanish by force since Russia in Ade Ukraine.
No more face mask or social distancing.
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 29, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

u no be bini royalty so go rest. u be descendant of commoner, servant and slaves. ur king don finish d matter and ur nobody talk no matter. Go argue with ur oba if u like.
It would be nice if you could decide what type of debate you think you are having:
Is it a debate about history or a debate about claims of emperors ?

In both cases, you would still lose but at least just try and establish what exactly you are debating first.

1)Oba's claim: " we believe Oduduwa is the son of the Oba of Benin and Oranmiyan is the son of Oduduwa but we will not force our beliefs upon anybody"
Notice the Oba used the word "belief", meaning that this is a myth, not history.

2) historical research: there was no Oduduwa, and there was no Oranmiyan.

Also, you guys have developed some very crook-like habits of quoting documents which you do not provide, therefore making it impossible to crosscheck the documents or to even verify the authenticity of the document. Basically you act as if the interlocutor must trust you, and that is the way of the conman.
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by lexy2014: 9:20pm On Apr 29, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
So how many wife does he have?
How many children?
What's the age of his first child? Boy or girl?

About 5 wives. I don't no how many children. That isn't always public info. I don't no the age or gender of his first child. From his age, you can take a guess
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Even in book written by Bini People, they never claim this Nonsense you wrote here.

You need to read more
I'm a professor in mathematics.
I have written several papers.
I talk from a position of logic, research and knowledge. While you speak from a position of ignorance and dogma.
I won't tell you to read more since the internet is filled with a bunch of nonesense and even in books you can find a lot of nonesense, rather I will tell you to first grow some wisdom and some logic then go and research history based on logic. Try it.
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by Nigerialabalaba: 9:50pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ghostwon7:

[s]It would be nice if you could decide what type of debate you think you are having:
Is it a debate about history or a debate about claims of emperors ?

In both cases, you would still lose but at least just try and establish what exactly you are debating first.

1)Oba's claim: " we believe Oduduwa is the son of the Oba of Benin and Oranmiyan is the son of Oduduwa but we will not force our beliefs upon anybody"
Notice the Oba used the word "belief", meaning that this is a myth, not history.

2) historical research: there was no Oduduwa, and there was no Oranmiyan.

Also, you guys have developed some very crook-like habits of quoting documents which you do not provide, therefore making it impossible to crosscheck the documents or to even verify the authenticity of the document. Basically you act as if the interlocutor must trust you, and that is the way of the conman.[/s]
dis no concern u since u no come from royalty. Go rest, dis na Yoruba matter and u no be Yoruba or d Royalty.
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

dis no concern u since u no come from royalty. Go rest, dis na Yoruba matter and u no be Yoruba or d Royalty.
Just imagine the stupidity for you a yoruba to tell me an Edo to not mind my Edo monarchy's business (my emperor) and leave my monarchy's business for you yoruba to discuss...
You guys are so deluded...I wonder if it comes from the food you people eat. But you all need some sort of therapy.

You yorubas, a fake ethnicity created out of slave Brazilian returnees, and oyo (real yoruba) and jebus and many others including some Edos whom have lost their identity, you guys need to sit down and stop going around making stupid claims.
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by Localordinary: 10:15pm On Apr 29, 2022
I was only making observations OBJ and Buhari went to visit him at his Palace. I repeat the oba of Benin can't leave his Palace to visit anyone unless his friend whom is just 1 person

Dankovich1:
My comment has nothing to do with your quote Chief, but if I should react to it, how come he have visited OBJ and Buhari while still on throne. Are Buhari and OBJ one person
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2022
The Oba of Benin doesn't travel lightly, he travels rarely and mostly for official business, not for mondain things.
The Oba of Benin didn't go to Abuja for a party unlike some galivanting glorified priest (Oni of IFA comes to mind) who retitled themselves into king. The Oba of Benin was there to discuss serious matters.

I would like you guys to show some intelligence before making comments. The imperial palace of Benin is not a prison, the emperor goes on visits, just not for frivolous matters unlike some "monarchs" in the southwest who attend every party.
There is no Benin tradition which states the Oba can not leave his palace, actually some of his ancestors were warrior kings who lead armies on the battlefield.
I don't know why social media and nairaland in particular always has so many idiotic commentators.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by elonmuskbaby: 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
killmods:
[s][/s]
Trash
trash because you have no substance to give back,trash Because you know that I am saying the obvious truth that cannot be contested.sychophant oshi.ass licker Rada rada.ema barayin so otoro kema tarayin nbe
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by DeRay98(m): 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
ictplotter:

This oba is just violating all the Bini traditions.
Sebi you know Bini culture more than the owners of the culture.
Generation of ignorant youth who swallow rumours more than knowledge.
Is there no difference between Travel and Transfer in your dictionary?
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by DeRay98(m): 11:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ghostwon7:
The Oba of Benin doesn't travel lightly, he travels rarely and mostly for official business, not for mondain things.
The Oba of Benin didn't go to Abuja for a party unlike some galivanting glorified priest who retitled themselves into king. The Oba of Benin was there to discuss serious matters.

I would like you guys to show some intelligence before making comments. The imperial palace of Benin is not a prison, the emperor goes on visits, just not for frivolous matters unlike some "monarchs" in the southwest who attend every party.
There is no Benin tradition which states the Oba can not leave his palace, actually some of his ancestors were warrior kings who lead armies on the battlefield.
I don't know why social media and nairaland in particular always has so many idiotic commentators.

I bow for the children of the information age yet uninformed.
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 29, 2022
[s]
elonmuskbaby:
trash because you have no substance to give back,trash Because you know that I am saying the obvious truth that cannot be contested.sychophant oshi.ass licker Rada rada.ema barayin so otoro kema tarayin nbe
[/s]
Loool.. I know ur type. Frustrated keyboard warrior. Get a life grin grin grin
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by cliffypatt(m): 1:44am On Apr 30, 2022
Rayjnr:

Hahahaha, oba wey no get level for where ooni and sultan dey talk

Sultan wey them disobey during the previous Ramadan about breaking the fast or not, ooni wey him people don dey complain about how he dey always run matters with anxiety and dey move about little matters without class, go ife u go hear how him people dey yab about how he no fit keep woman under him domain, same ooni wey tinubu and oba of lagos shenk back then wey buhari no gree approve him herbal remedy during the covid era na both u say oba of benin no get levels reach. If you are talking about royal levels, kings are Kings in their respective domains and as e be these monarchs no really hold much authority when it comes to affairs of national interest due to the alterations that came with colonialism, na you just dey yan dust over supremacy matters. Try get sense.
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by splashbaby(m): 1:50am On Apr 30, 2022
Godjone:
But bini people say oba nor dey leave palace na.

The binis even call their obas god
Person wey dem don leave behind... na owu blow am na. Dem no dey tell person

They are busy practicing archaic traditions that’s robbing them off the right relevance and opportunity. If you don’t go there, they forget about you, people wey show self dey still dey struggle for attention.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by Nobody: 2:09am On Apr 30, 2022
splashbaby:
Person wey dem don leave behind... na owu blow am na. Dem no dey tell person

They are busy practicing archaic traditions that’s robbing them off the right relevance and opportunity. If you don’t go there, they forget about you, people wey show self dey still dey struggle for attention.
Are you so lazy that you can't read the comments above ?
Your lack of intelligence is most likely due to your lazyness.
There is no tradition which obliges the emperor of Benin to never leave his palace.
Also the emperor of Benin is not seeking relevance from anybody, he doesn't need to, he is the emperor of Benin. Others can come and seek relevance from him.
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 30, 2022
Yoruba people who claim to be a kingdom in which every noble is nothing less than a king. Let me inform you guys that most yoruba tradition is completely fake. Oni of IFA copied his dress code from the Ashanti king and an artefact dugg up in Ife (allegedly).
The title Oba, all yoruba monarchs copied it from the Oba of Benin, nowadays many yoruba monarchs have even forgotten their original titles. The baale of Ibadan quickly renamed himself olubadan in the colonial era...Oni of IFA, who was a mere priest in precolonial era quickly started calling himself a king in the colonial era which made for a weird situation because the Oni of IFA is nothing but the chief priest of the alafin whom is his master, so now these clowns have two kings for one oyo kingdom (2 kings for only one kingdom ...). By the way, most people calling themselves yoruba today have no relations with oyo kingdom whose people are the real yoruba. Fake people.
Get the fvck off Benin matters.
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by Excelseafood: 3:30am On Apr 30, 2022
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by 1872wee: 4:30am On Apr 30, 2022
[s]
Miracle2022:
kill yourself!
[/s]
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by 1872fl: 4:32am On Apr 30, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:

You need to read more
[/s]
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by TheNiceGuy(m): 4:37am On Apr 30, 2022
Delusional grandeur
An individual claiming right among millions
[s]
Ghostwon7:
Yoruba people who claim to be a kingdom in which every noble is nothing less than a king. Let me inform you guys they most yoruba tradition is completely fake. Oni of IFA copied his dress code from the Ashanti king and an artefact digg up in Ife (allegedly).
The title Oba, all yoruba monarchs copied it from the Oba of Benin, nowadays many yoruba monarchs have even forgotten their original titles. The baale of Ibadan quickly renamed himself olubadan in the colonial era...Oni of IFA, who was a mere priest in precolonial era quickly started calling himself a king in the colonial era which made for a weird situation because the Oni of IFA is nothing but the chief priest of the alafin whom is his master, so now these clowns have two kings for one oyo kingdom (2 kings for only one kingdom ...). By the way, most people calling themselves yoruba today have no relations with oyo kingdom whose people are the real yoruba. Fake people.
Get the fvck off Benin matters.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by 1872yc: 5:03am On Apr 30, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:
grin grin grin
[/s]
Re: President Buhari Receives Benin Traditional Council In Aso Rock by holyfather(m): 5:16am On Apr 30, 2022
Newyorkitis:
Abeg is it concerning Oshiomole their son?

grin Kai! grin

Wickedness

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Happened To Tinapa? / TY Danjuma Becomes Ntel Chairman / EFCC Releases ₦5.7 Billion Out Of ₦7.9 Billion Seized From Okorocha To Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.