Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run (16635 Views)

2023 Presidency: Tinubu Eminently Qualified To Rule Nigeria ― Amaechi / Supreme Court: Buhari ’Eminently Qualified’ To Contest / Revoke Buhari's Visa Until He Acts Constitutionally - Reno Omokri Tells UK Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Dreal1247: 6:49am On Apr 30, 2022
Let Jonathan go and rest. Let him maintain the prestige which he presently enjoys. Once they disgrace him on the ballot paper or party primaries, that's the end. The political value which he enjoys now is much better than any political office to be given to him. My take though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by candidbabe(f): 6:49am On Apr 30, 2022
angry angry angry

Who will read this long epistle this early morning, definitely not me.
I muevvvvve!!!!
Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by EmekaMD(m): 6:50am On Apr 30, 2022
Qualified? Yes

Should he run if you ask me ? No.

But if he alone can make sure Tinubu does not get APC ticket, then by all means be my guest

2 Likes

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Onuoha1234(m): 7:04am On Apr 30, 2022
GEJ is not running leave him alone. The man they 'called MUMU is now they are hailing Messaiah.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Cantonese: 7:04am On Apr 30, 2022
Let’s see how it goes.

“ that:

“A constitution, like other statutes, operates prospectively and not retrospectively unless it is expressly provided to be otherwise. Such legislations affect only rights which came into existence after it has been passed.”

A cursory examination of the various provisions of the Constitution and all the appellate court decisions cited above make it crystal clear that the speculated disqualification of Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is grossly misconceived by the antagonists, as the Constitution must be progressively and not retrogressively construed; prospectively and not retrospectively interpreted. More significantly, the Alteration Act itself does not make any express provision that the said inserted sub-section 137(3) would operate retrospectively”.

That says it all. Now let wait for the politicians in APC and PDP to get their lawyers to go to court and challenge it.

But one wonders if GEJ’s name evokes some fear in the hearts of other presidential contestants. What are they afraid of? GEJ has not said anything yet, even though we hear from his foot soldiers in cryptic messages.

1 Like

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Newton2024: 7:06am On Apr 30, 2022
Pakute:
How will he caimpaign against PDP?
What's the edge he has over PDP that he left 7years ago?
Will he ask Nigerians to not vote PDP the evil party but APC which has been the best thing after slice bread?
Lol, I was just thinking aloud. Anyways, GEJ can only become the President of Otuoke. He is cancelled as far as APC is concerned.
GEJ is smarter than Tinubu. Your questions are a simple thing to answer. More also, a sensible candidate does not have to cast aspersions on others during campaigns. Just roll out your manifestos. But Tinubu and APC don't have sense.

3 Likes

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by sapele914(m): 7:07am On Apr 30, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

las las ozekhome go be malami 2.0 .e just dey waste hin academic thesis.

no serious party go gamble risk give hin presidential ticket to a candidate like gej wey hin case get k leg. not even APC go try dat on d advice of ozekhome, a PDP lawyer wey dey defend all d looters like convicted faruk lawan, madam Patience Jonathan, thieves and ipob terrorists. shiorr.
make ozekhome go start hin own party like sowore and dash gej hin ticket. shiorr
That man is a complete nuisance, he should have also told us that political appointees don’t have to resign to contest elections under the new electoral act, since they were already in office before the Act was enacted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Pakute: 7:14am On Apr 30, 2022
Newton2024:
GEJ is smarter than Tinubu. Your questions are a simple thing to answer. More also, a sensible candidate does not have to cast aspersions on others during campaigns. Just roll out your manifestos. But Tinubu and APC don't have sense.
If he was asked during interviews why PDP should not be voted or allowed to come back to power, what will he say?
Think, use your small brain!

1 Like

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Cantonese: 7:19am On Apr 30, 2022
Mickykarim:
What an absurd hogwash dip in baldadash.

THIS EMPTY RENDITION OF A BOASTFUL SLEEVE IS AWFULLY AS BAD AS A CARACAS OF A DEAD PIG.

Let's take a look at an illogical proposition. The case Ozekhome cited was delivered before Dr. Joe Nothing contested the position of the presidency of Nigeria in 2015, where the court averred that he had only sworn to a single oath of office of president to succeed his boss after he died. And, when he won the election for same position thereafter makes it a second oath for same office for another four years + the previous number of years to fill the remaining tenure of president Yar'dua makes it a second oath and more than four years in office of the president of the federal republic of Nigeria.

HAVING SWORN TO OATHS TWICE TO SAME OFFICE FOR A CUMULATIVE PERIOD OF OVER AND MORE THAN FOUR YEARS AS PRESIDENT. ANY MORE PARTICIPATION IN AN EXERCISE FOR THE PRESIDENCY AND WINNING WOULD TAKE HIS TENURE BEYOND AND ABOVE THE CONSTITUTIONAL REQUIREMENT OF TWO TERMS OF EIGHT YEARS FOR A NIGERIAN.

Making pushing shoving and propping a proven INCOMPETENT DOCILE useless and INEFFECTIVE Jonathan for another shot at our collective I'll being would amount to UNDUE UNDESERVING privilege to further MESS UP our lives. Especially, with no record to show for it. The lapdog opportunists who want him back are up to something not in both our individual and collective interests.

Joe Nothing should keep off and get lost.

Unfortunately he will not “keep off and get lost”.

But you have said absolutely nothing to show us why on the basis of the same constitution why we must be agree with Chief Ozekhome on this. You just went off with that angry burst. Cut sentiments off and face the facts as they are. If you feel that GEJ did not do well in his own time, what is the evidence that the present leadership is meeting up with the basic requirements of the people, including yours?

GEJ on the basis of facts presented has the right to contest and he surely will contest on the platform of APC, as APC presently offers him that platform.

Without doubt he is the much touted secret candidate of PMB and the north. You need to understand how politicians think. Be reminded that politicians think of interests in their quest for power and not emotions or sentiments. You may need to know why the north where we have been told that most votes come from, choose not to relinquish power or want to permit the south just 4 years with GEJ as the balancing factor.

1 Like

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by colestephan86: 7:23am On Apr 30, 2022
Kwanza:

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/04/29/goodluck-jonathan-constitutionally-qualified-to-run-for-presidency-ozekhome/
Let him pick up his form na
PDP na 40 million
APC na 100million.
He get money , make he go buy form

1 Like

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Cantonese: 7:26am On Apr 30, 2022
Pakute:

If he was asked during interviews why PDP should not be voted or allowed to come back to power, what will he say?

What have others who decamped from PDP to APC said? What did the current APC chairman say when he decamped? What did @atiku say when he decamped? When he returned to PDP what did he say?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 30, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 30, 2022
Hmmmmmmm! I am not shocked. If all lawyers were on the same page on legal issues and course of action, there won’t be any need for litigation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by sapele914(m): 7:29am On Apr 30, 2022
litigator:
Hmmmmmmm! I am not shocked. If all lawyers were on the same page on legal issues and course of action, there won’t be any need for litigation.
Same thing I told my lawyer the other day, it is not a must that I accept everything you say.

Even Falana & Ozekhome, don’t agree on all issues even though they are both SANs.
Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by MartinsD12(m): 7:33am On Apr 30, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

no serious party go gamble risk give hin presidential ticket to a candidate like gej wey hin case get k leg. not even APC go try dat on d advice of ozekhome, a PDP lawyer wey dey defend all d looters like convicted faruk lawan, madam Patience Jonathan, thieves and ipob terrorists. shiorr.
make ozekhome go start hin own party like sowore and dash gej hin ticket. shiorr
Ozekhome is a learned lawyer he is right GEJ is qualify to run for another 4 years only , there is no k leg here .

2 Likes

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:34am On Apr 30, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Ozekhome is more versed in law than Falana, Falana is just noise maker. Mike Azakhome has literally won all his cases. Check his records, he has won over 90% of his cases. It is aberration to put him in the league of Malami. People like Afe Babalola, Wale Alanipekun and Mike Mike Ozekhome are the lawyers that whenever they speaks, the judge, shift their chairs and adjust their glasses to listen to them

Even a layman knows that laws has no retrospect.

1 Like

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Minjim: 7:34am On Apr 30, 2022
That means it's time to take it to the Supreme Court.

We all know, in Nigeria, court case comes out differently when you're incumbent.

I'm sure the judge swung it Gej's way in 2015. Let's hear what the SC has to say on it now Gej isn't incumbent

1 Like

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by sapele914(m): 7:35am On Apr 30, 2022
Cantonese:

Unfortunately he will not “keep off and get lost”.

But you have said absolutely nothing to show us why on the basis of the same constitution why we must be agree with Chief Ozekhome on this. You just went off with that angry burst. Cut sentiments off and face the facts as they are. If you feel that GEJ did not do well in his own time, what is the evidence that the present leadership is meeting up with the basic requirements of the people, including yours?

GEJ on the basis of facts presented has the right to contest and he surely will contest on the platform of APC, as APC presently offers him that platform.

Without doubt he is the much touted secret candidate of PMB and the north. You need to understand how politicians think. Be reminded that politicians think of interests in their quest for power and not emotions or sentiments. You may need to know why the north where we have been told that most votes come from, choose not to relinquish power or want to permit the south just 4 years with GEJ as the balancing factor.
He was President under PDP, now he wants to contest under the same party APC that removed him from power?

Who talk say we Nigerians no be hypocritical Mumus?
Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Newton2024: 7:35am On Apr 30, 2022
Pakute:

Is it a do or die to answer all questions during interview. Interview apart, a wise man doesn't answer all questions. He has the right to decline or divert the answer. A good candidate doesn't have to malign another candidate. I don't need to speak evil of you before I could convince the electorate. APC are succeeding in doing this because Nigeria is not a sane clime.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:36am On Apr 30, 2022
yyba:
MIKE OZEKHOME always good in interpreting the constitution upside-down. The case he is relying on happens before the new amendment. According to new amendment GEJ is not qualify to contest
Even a layman knows that law has no retrospect.

1 Like

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Powersurge: 7:36am On Apr 30, 2022
sosanova:
Falana in the mud again.
GEJ is qualified to contest any day anytime.

While both Ozekhome and Falana are great intellectuals, I feel Ozekhome is very wrong. Falana was quoting directly from the constitution while Ozekhome was quoting Acts. In Nigeria, the constitution supercedes any other law. If any law is at variance with the constitution, the constitution wil prevail to the extent of the variance.

That being said, I would personally suggest to Jonathan (if I was in a position to) to forget the ambition of becoming again. Because politicians go mess am up. His a perfect example of what a civil system should be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by sapele914(m): 7:37am On Apr 30, 2022
Newton2024:
Is it a do or die to answer all questions during interview. Interview apart, a wise man doesn't answer all questions. He has the right to decline or divert the answer. A good candidate doesn't have to malign another candidate. I don't need to speak evil of you before I could convince the electorate. APC are succeeding in doing this because Nigeria is not a sane clime.
Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Nigerialabalaba: 7:38am On Apr 30, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
Ozekhome is more versed in law than Falana, Falana is just noise maker. Mike Azakhome has literally won all his cases. Check his records, he has won over 90% of his cases. It is aberration to put him in the league of Malami. People like Afe Babalola, Wale Alanipekun and Mike Mike Ozekhome are the lawyers that whenever they speaks, the judge, shift their chairs and adjust their glasses to listen to them

Even a layman knows that laws has no retrospect.

MartinsD12:

Ozekhome is a learned lawyer he is right GEJ is qualify to run for another 4 years only , there is no k leg here .

na so he tell and decieve Farouk Lawan but now farouk dey for prison dey serve 11 years sentence. Ozekhome should tell his pdp to give gej dem ticket or kuku go and build hin own party and hand d ticket to gej no be ticket of party others don build.. Gej no qualify shikena. if he wan prove am, he shld take my advice.
Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Pakute: 7:38am On Apr 30, 2022
Cantonese:

What have others who decamped from PDP to APC said? What did the current APC chairman say when he decamped? What did @atiku say when he decamped? When he returned to PDP what did he say?
I'm talking about an ex President under PDP. try get small shame na.
Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by sapele914(m): 7:39am On Apr 30, 2022
Powersurge:

While both Ozekhome and Falana are great intellectuals, I feel Ozekhome is very wrong. Falana was quoting directly from the constitution while Ozekhome was quoting Acts. In Nigeria, the constitution supercedes any other law. If any law is at variance with the constitution, the constitution wil prevail to the extent of the variance.

That being said, I would personally suggest to Jonathan (if I was in a position to) to forget the ambition of becoming again. Because politicians go mess am up. His a perfect example of what a civil system should be.
You are 100% correct.
Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Newton2024: 7:39am On Apr 30, 2022
sapele914:
He was President under PDP, now he wants to contest under the same party APC that removed him from power?

Who talk say we Nigerians no be hypocritical Mumus?
Polithiefcians are doing this to us because they have weighed our intellect and found almost nothing. If not, APC will not want to push GEJ down our throat after painting him black for eight years. The same thing Oshiomole did for Ize Iyanmu but didn't work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:41am On Apr 30, 2022
Pakute:
How will GEJ caimpaign against PDP?

Will he ask Nigerians to not vote PDP being an evil party and extol APC which he once lambasted?
Lol, I was just thinking aloud. Anyways, GEJ can only become the President of Otuoke. He is cancelled as far as APC is concerned.
Not him as a person but how will APC campaign against PDP with GEJ as their candidate. GEJ can campaign with his track records without mentioning PDP as being bad or good.
Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by sapele914(m): 7:45am On Apr 30, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
Not him as a person but how will APC campaign against PDP with GEJ as their candidate. GEJ can campaign with his track records without mentioning PDP as being bad or good.
Only myopic selfish minded fools will vote for Jonathan under APC.

That will be an insult to any logical minded person, how will he contest on the platform of the same party that removed him from power?

We know that we Nigerians lack integrity, but this nonsense even talking about it, only shows how low we Nigerian are falling & keep falling.

1 Like

Re: Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run by MartinsD12(m): 7:47am On Apr 30, 2022
Kwanza:

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/04/29/goodluck-jonathan-constitutionally-qualified-to-run-for-presidency-ozekhome/
Honestly speaking GEJ is constitutionally qualify to run for president only for 4 years having won election in 2011 he did only 1 term that Femi falana is a counterfeit lawyer he doesn't speak truth he doesn't want Jonathan to run he is protecting southwest interest , mike is right, infact it is in these Jonathan case you will be marvelled at the level of illiteracy some Nigerians have even here in nairaland lot's of people here are saying rubbish he is not qualified he did 9yrs which 9 yrs is it Jonathan that won election in 2007 , constitution recognize yardua's tenure election because he died in power Jonathan was drafted to take over infact that is what the national assembly did that even empower Jonathan to take over as doctrine of necessity that is not even in the constitution so those constitution doesn't not recognize Jonathan finishing yardua's tenure as a result of yardua's death what constitution knows is Jonathan ran for office of the president in 2011 won as president that is where his tenure begin he did one term so he is eligible for one more time which is why he was able to run against buhari in 2015 , those of you saying he is not eligible didn't Jonathan run in 2015 ? If you shallow minded people calm he is not eligible why did inec or same constitution you people are quoting which most of all don't know disqualify Jonathan from contesting in 2015?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cash Swap Riots: We Are Investigating Governors Over Inciting Utterances – IGP / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed Into Commonwealth High-Level Group / Ned Nwoko Reacts To His Court Victory, Dedicates Victory To God & Anioma People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.