Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Narratives Of The Nigerian Worker On May 1st - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Narratives Of The Nigerian Worker On May 1st (136 Views)

Re-writing Brilliant Narratives Of Infrastructural Possibilities / APC Crisis: Buni’s Letter Counters El-Rufai’s Narratives / Buhari And Olu Jacobs: Same Dementia, Different Narratives - Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Narratives Of The Nigerian Worker On May 1st by legallyminded: 10:09am On Apr 30, 2022
Worker's day celebration

A worker in Nigeria falls into different categories, he is either a monthly salary earner, a contract staff, a consultant or cheap labourer for daily wages (you can add yours)

Now with the rising cost of living, it is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind that workers are going through a lot in Nigeria save for a few. Apart from being underpaid, the toxic nature of working environment is another weight on the average worker. Benefits are rare and job insecurity is on the high as some even do extras even outside their job description just to keep their job.

I'm pretty sure we're all aware of the travails of the average Nigerian worker so I am not going into details.

A lasting solution has to be provided because the number of persons willing to work are reducing drastically because the pay can barely feed one not to mention transportation and other personal expenses.

A place where I worked before did not receive any application for the office of a secretary after putting out the notice for up to 3 months.

The bottomline is what is the way forward for the average Nigerian worker and please post job vacancies that will be helpful to prospective applicants.

Mynd44 Seun OAM4J

(1) (Reply)

Government Will Make More Money If There Is Stable Power Supply / Governor Emmanuel Fetes Muslim Community With Food Items/cash / I Never Promised Orbunde That He Will Succeed Me- Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.