Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday (19345 Views)

Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Sighting Of Crescent, declares Friday Eid-ul-fitr / Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Eid-ul-fitr: Muslims To Fast Tomorrow, Shawwal Moon Not Sighted In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by ManirBK: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2022
The moon sighting authorities of
Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) did not
sight the Shawwal crescent on Saturday, and as a result,
the countries will mark Eid ul Fitr on Monday.
"The Crescent of Shawaal 1443 was NOT SEEN today,
subsequently, the month of Ramadan will complete 30
days tomorrow and Monday 2nd May, 2022 will be the day
of Eid," the official Twitter account of Haramain announced.
As for the UAE, the country's Moon Sighting Committee,
according to Gulf News , said the Shawwal crescent was not
sighted, therefore, Sunday, May 1, will be the last day of
Ramadan.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/414565-eid-ul-fitr-to-be-marked-in-saudi-arabia-on-monday

12 Likes

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by ManirBK: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2022
More Ramadan Bonanza tomorrow, happy eid in advance to all Muslims brothers

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by DoggoneDogg: 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2022
And if it's sighted tomorrow?
Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 30, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
Fasting continues for them.

1 Like

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by DoggoneDogg: 5:38pm On Apr 30, 2022
gaius01:

So they fast until the moon comes out even if its next week?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 30, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

So they fast until the moon comes out even if its next week?
Omo grin
I don't know. But I have once asked a Muslim fellow of mine, he told me they will continue with it till they sight the moon. Definitely the moon will come out cause this whole moon thing appearing has already been studied right from the beginning, they have study it in such a way that it has to come out even not on the 30th day but that same week.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:33pm On Apr 30, 2022
If you asked to understand, pay attention....

The lunar calendar which is hijrah calendar in Islam has 12 months.
Each month either completes 30 days or 29 days with the movement of the moon.

Every new months of hijrah calendar is checked/determined based on the appearance of the crescent moon.

The crescent month is checked every 29th day of each month, if sighted (new crescent moon), another month (new month) begins.
If not, that particular month will be counted to 30 days where the followed day will be the first day of the new month.

Every lunar months is either 29 days or 30 days.

DoggoneDogg:
gaius01:

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by Puremaker8: 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2022
gaius01:

Omo grin
I don't know. But I have once asked a Muslim fellow of mine, he told me they will continue with it till they sight the moon. Definitely the moon will come out cause this whole moon thing appearing has already been studied right from the beginning, they have study it in such a way that it has to come out even not on the 30th day but that same week.
I'm pretty sure, that your Muslim friend is a chronic weed smoker

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by Maj196(m): 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2022
30/30

1 Like

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by Formularcr7: 7:37pm On Apr 30, 2022
Masalamat yah ramadan

1 Like

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by Hamzatgodfirst(m): 7:37pm On Apr 30, 2022
gaius01:

Omo grin
Islamic months is just like the calendar months and it's either 29 or 30 days. The difference is that we use the moon to know when each month starts and if a month will be 29 or 30. So, looking for the moon on the 29th day of Ramadan is to know if Ramadan finishes that day or if it will be 30. In other words, it can never be more than 30.

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by shezy14(m): 7:37pm On Apr 30, 2022
Puremaker8:
I'm pretty sure, that your Muslim friend dey smoke weed well well.
the guy go dey drink Elle join, only weed no fit make am talk shit like this, with the kind hunger wey dey waya us for this fasting grin
Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by Realists(m): 7:38pm On Apr 30, 2022
gaius01:

Ignorance is a diesea only knowledge can cure it.
Kindly google more about Islam before you mislead others.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by pmc01(m): 7:39pm On Apr 30, 2022
smiley

Most likely will be the case here too.

Whichever way it is, TaqobalaLLAahu Minna wa Minimum.

Looking to co-finance a Joint Venture? Get in touch.

6 Likes

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by Puremaker8: 7:40pm On Apr 30, 2022
shezy14:
the guy go dey drink Elle join, only weed no fit make am talk shit like this, with the kind hunger wey dey waya us for this fasting grin
bro, today own mad gan.
Today hunger started around 10 am

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by Wfaluse: 7:40pm On Apr 30, 2022
gaius01:

Omo grin
Every cycle of the moon is 29 or 30 days. No one searches for moon on the 30th day of the lunar month.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 30, 2022
gaius01:

Omo grin

one full moon
It takes the Moon about 29.5 days to go through all of its phases, meaning that each month has on average one full moon (which occurs when the entire face of the Moon is illuminated by the Sun).

Try to seek knowledge before giving your take on issues.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by Latayi: 7:40pm On Apr 30, 2022
Ramadan is 29 or 30 days. So if the moon is not sited today, that makes it 30 days of fasting and the next day is automatically Sallah. So, its NOT that the Muslims will continue fasting untill the moon appears.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by whippersnapper(m): 7:40pm On Apr 30, 2022
Masha Allah

1 Like

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by Wfaluse: 7:41pm On Apr 30, 2022
Hamzatgodfirst:

Islamic months is just like the calendar months and it's either 29 or 30 days. The difference is that we use the moon to know when each month starts and if a month will be 29 or 30. So, looking for the moon on the 29th day of Ramadan is to know if Ramadan finishes that day or if it will be 30. In other words, it can never be more than 30.
Educating. Jazakhalah kayran

12 Likes

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 30, 2022
gaius01:

Really? Try to make enquiry before misleading people on what you don't really have an idea about. Thank you.

10 Likes

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by pmc01(m): 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2022
Latayi:
Ramadan is 29 or 30 days. So if the moon is not sited today, that makes it 30 days of fasting and the next day is automatically Sallah. So, its NOT that the Muslims will continue fasting untill the moon appears.

The assertion of fasting continuing beyond 30 days is really hilarious though. The fella was really so confident about it, like some will tell you how Islam promises virgins to suicide bombers.

How does one get so confident, based on ignorance?!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by Bbdiyya: 7:52pm On Apr 30, 2022
gaius01:

Omo grin
Bro you need to be thourouly enlightened, Our beloved prophet peace be upon him was once asked about the days in an Islamic month he responded by saying it has 29days. But, if as a result of adverse weather conditions you were unable to site the new crescent make it 30. From that 30 you don't even need look for the crescent. once it is 30days no Islamic month that has more than 30days. hope this little explanation will help.thanks

9 Likes

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by karzyharsky(m): 7:52pm On Apr 30, 2022
Alihamdulillah
Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by Caseless: 7:54pm On Apr 30, 2022
sad
Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by adigunmu: 7:59pm On Apr 30, 2022
gaius01:

Omo grin
muslim month can only be 29 or 30. If the moon is not sighted on 29th, that means the month will be 30. That’s it

3 Likes

Re: Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday by mu2sa2: 8:00pm On Apr 30, 2022
The Fiqh Council of North America, using astronomical calculations, says the shawwal crescent cannot be sighted today anywhere on earth. This is the statement released by the council :
“The Astronomical New Moon is on Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 20:28 Universal Time. On that day there is no place on earth where at sunset the elongation is 8 degrees and moon is 5 degrees above the sun. Therefore Shawwal 1443 cannot start the next day. Hence the first day of Shawwal is on Monday, May 02, 2022, insha’Allah. Eid-ul-Fitr will be on Monday May 02, 2022.”

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Q / If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False / The Greatest Names Of Allah - Ismullahil Allah A'azam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.