Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,203 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video (36441 Views)

A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? / Drive-through Pictures Of SPACEX Engineering Complex, In California, US. / 2 Corpers Die In Road Accident Along Ajeokuta-Lokoja Expressway (Disturbing Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by omaclarry(m): 1:29am On May 01, 2022
The person that did this video is an idiot that yeye bello pays 40 thousand monthly. I'm in lokoja since last year and I regret being there everyday

6 Likes

Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by Nobody: 1:54am On May 01, 2022
NIGERIA is truly beautiful. I miss it
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by chiefolododo(m): 2:21am On May 01, 2022
This is serious
Damidave1124:
My state capital cheesy

To be sincere, Lokoja is not anywhere near being called a city. Yahaya Bello is too clueless to turn Lokoja into a city.

All he knows how to do is pay 30 percent salary to local government and primary school teachers school teachers. Just imagine a family man who's supposed to be earning 120k, and he's paid 35k, how is he gonna survive?

The funniest part is if dare say anything against his government, that little money that's coming every month will be stopped.

May God help us in Kogi State.
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by MoneyMustBMade(m): 4:14am On May 01, 2022
Come to Enugu to see development
And see what is called a city not this nonsense
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by WowSweetGuy(m): 4:23am On May 01, 2022
offiahvictor:
local state
very local and most of their people are drivers cooks and menial jobs when you see them

Poor state

1 Like

Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by MOHSHESHI(m): 5:17am On May 01, 2022
Datikwerreboi:
Lokoja is unarguably the worst and most local state capital in Nigeria
my dear Niger state is the worst tueh

1 Like

Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by sirsugar(m): 5:48am On May 01, 2022
Damidave1124:
My state capital cheesy

To be sincere, Lokoja is not anywhere near being called a city. Yahaya Bello is too clueless to turn Lokoja into a city.

All he knows how to do is pay 30 percent salary to local government and primary school teachers school teachers. Just imagine a family man who's supposed to be earning 120k, and he's paid 35k, how is he gonna survive?

The funniest part is if dare say anything against his government, that little money that's coming every month will be stopped.

omg he still dey owe salary? What is he doing then this capital worst too much,no wonder he likes going to Abuja and he bought presidential form? Chai this guy supposed be locked up undecided reason why I don't really support youth as governor

1 Like

Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by sirsugar(m): 5:53am On May 01, 2022
UncleJudax:

Lol. Lokoja is a city?

A lot of states in Nigeria are really being ruthlessly robbed by these heartless politicians.

Abia, Imo, Benue, Plateau, North East states, kogi, Osun etc

have u been to osun before? Enter their capital before spitting trash
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by Originalsly: 6:26am On May 01, 2022
Nice video tour of the ehmmm .... city.... capital city. I'm not sure if the purpose was to promote Lakoja or Bello.... or mock both. If was to promote then video tour of Lakoja, Kogi State would've been good enough.... but not the State capital.... that's embarrassing. Tell us about the tribal mix and simply it was rated a second class town would've been all good... but not since 1917 ... that's a shame because more than 100 years later it now looks like a bustling village. Where is the commercial center of this city?.... no stores... no public transportation ... no offices... no one looks like they're going or coming from work ....no parks .... no streets ... not many cars... hardly any commercial vehicles... was there ever any town planning?... does the
city have potable water? If the aim was to mock Kogi and Bello ... fantastic job! .... village leader want to lead country!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by Llyodsjids(m): 6:35am On May 01, 2022
Don't let nobody sugarcoat anything or show you some shitty and rigorously edited crap
Kogi is a very shitty state and lokoja Isn't befitting to be called a town talk more of a city
This isn't hate but coming from a first person perspective
Peace!!

2 Likes

Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by xaggar(m): 6:52am On May 01, 2022
Grgton:
haha it's a zebra

Or crocodiles...
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by Bullet01(f): 7:11am On May 01, 2022
All hail yéyé balloon
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by Daum: 7:37am On May 01, 2022
Sniper101:
I went through the video, I laughed.

Before now, I thought Benin city is ancient, local and dirty. Lol. But now i see that Lokoja is even worse sad

You no fit compare Benin with lokoja.

Benin is too big for that town. Lokoja is the size of Idah and Ajaka combined. Agbor even big pass Lokoja. Benin in terms of infrastructure beat lokoja five million times... Forget say Benin lack good roads, Omo e better pass Lokoja five million times...

Kogi state na dead state

1 Like

Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by emmaachile2(m): 7:41am On May 01, 2022
Originalsly:
Nice video tour of the ehmmm .... city.... capital city. I'm not sure if the purpose was to promote Lakoja or Bello.... or mock both. If was to promote then video tour of Lakoja, Kogi State would've been good enough.... but not the State capital.... that's embarrassing. Tell us about the tribal mix and simply it was rated a second class town would've been all good... but not since 1917 ... that's a shame because more than 100 years later it now looks like a bustling village. Where is the commercial center of this city?.... no stores... no public transportation ... no offices... no one looks like they're going or coming from work ....no parks .... no streets ... not many cars... hardly any commercial vehicles... was there ever any town planning?... does the
city have potable water? If the aim was to mock Kogi and Bello ... fantastic job! .... village leader want to lead country!
The video covered mostly the ancient and old part of the town which covers the major highway used by passengers coming from the East to Abuja

Lokoja has pipe borne water. Some areas mostly the Modern part even have 24 hours electricity.

Offices are located in the newer areas of the city.

There is traffic normally in the mornings around Ganaja junction where there is an ongoing overhead bridge. I have a big wholesale store around there.

2 Likes

Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by justjasper(m): 7:52am On May 01, 2022
The poster is a real time joker. That is my state. There's nothing there. This is only Lugard road which is government house road. I challenge you to show all the major roads in Lokoja. Shame on you.

4 Likes

Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by UncleJudax(m): 8:06am On May 01, 2022
sirsugar:
have u been to osun before? Enter their capital before spitting trash
ok Aregbeshola.
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by OVB123: 8:18am On May 01, 2022
omaclarry:
The person that did this video is an idiot that yeye bello pays 40 thousand monthly. I'm in lokoja since last year and I regret being there everyday
I thought i am the only who regretted living in lokoja. It is a dead city.
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by OVB123: 9:48am On May 01, 2022
Originalsly:
U sabi dat place very well.
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by waShine(m): 9:58am On May 01, 2022
Thamesbridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q0HzB4-ylE
Lokoja is a city in Nigeria. It lies at the confluence of the Niger and Benue rivers and is the capital of Kogi State.

While the Oworo, Bassa Nge and Nupe are indigenous to the area, other ethnic groups of Nigeria, including the Kupa-Nupe, Hausa, Ebira, Igala, Igbo, Bini/Edo, and Tiv have recently established themselves. Projected to be the third fastest growing African continent city between 2020 and 2025, with a 5.93% growth. 

it's was listed a second class township by the 1917 township ordinance of the colonial administration. This shows that Lokoja is a old city.

Unfortunately you forgot to mention the Kakandas, that òyìnbó met by the riverside while oworo on on top of hill hill.
At the that time all the tribes you mentioned were not existing then.
Find out �
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by Originalsly: 12:11pm On May 01, 2022
emmaachile2:

The video covered mostly the ancient and old part of the town which covers the major highway used by passengers coming from the East to Abuja

Lokoja has pipe borne water. Some areas mostly the Modern part even have 24 hours electricity.

Offices are located in the newer areas of the city.

There is traffic normally in the mornings around Ganaja junction where there is an ongoing overhead bridge. I have a big wholesale store around there.

Thank you!... makes no sense for OP to hype the town then take us on a tour of the ancient section making us believe what we are seeing is the highlight of one of the fastest developing ehmmm..... cities in the whole of Africa. Maybe you should do a drive around the modern sections and help balance this unfair coverage.
I was wondering why so few cross roads.... and with the divider.... how long one has to travel before getting the chance to turn back.
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by Originalsly: 12:15pm On May 01, 2022
justjasper:

The poster is a real time joker. That is my state. There's nothing there. This is only Lugard road which is government house road. I challenge you to show all the major roads in Lokoja. Shame on you.

Why not post and help us get a better impression?
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by ocelot2006(m): 12:34pm On May 01, 2022
I'm sorry, but Lokoja is just....zero. a clear indication of continuous poor leadership that has plagued Kogi for a long time. A sensible leader would've taken taken advantage of Lokoja's strategic location as major transit hub, just like Benin, to generate much needed Revenue that's then invested in the city's.....sorry, village's infrastructure. And being a confluence town, I don't see why they haven't taken advantage of that e.g. marine services transporting people btw the farmlands of the North down commercial south via the Niger river.

1 Like

Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by McTominay(m): 12:38pm On May 01, 2022
Very useless state. Nothing good is coming from that state in the next 50years

1 Like

Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by Damidave1124(m): 12:38pm On May 01, 2022
telim:

Were do you stay in lokoja? Is being years i visit that town, will be coming to lkj next week to see my ppl in maigaris' palace
I stay at Lokongoma, beside synagogue church
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by Godmademan(m): 12:44pm On May 01, 2022
Thamesbridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q0HzB4-ylE
Lokoja is a city in Nigeria. It lies at the confluence of the Niger and Benue rivers and is the capital of Kogi State.

While the Oworo, Bassa Nge and Nupe are indigenous to the area, other ethnic groups of Nigeria, including the Kupa-Nupe, Hausa, Ebira, Igala, Igbo, Bini/Edo, and Tiv have recently established themselves. Projected to be the third fastest growing African continent city between 2020 and 2025, with a 5.93% growth. 

it's was listed a second class township by the 1917 township ordinance of the colonial administration. This shows that Lokoja is a old city.
Your stylishly advertising that failure of the governor. Dead on arrival project!

Weh done ọ!!!
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by Damidave1124(m): 12:44pm On May 01, 2022
Nosayer:

But they've been surviving like we all have been surviving. If we haven't been surviving, these wicked souls in government would have tasted the true wrath of a people united by pains.

I think all we want is just to survive his evil regime. No one is willing to fight him, even if you try, the person will be harassed or arrested by security operatives.
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by PDinteriors(m): 12:45pm On May 01, 2022
Damidave1124:
My state capital cheesy

what will you now say about governor ortom of benue another confused and clueless governor with no vision…they are all bunch of salary paying governors that’s all no plan to move the state forward…Benue state has not experienced any significant changes since 1999 except Fulani herdsmen
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by Damidave1124(m): 12:47pm On May 01, 2022
sirsugar:
omg he still dey owe salary? What is he doing then this capital worst too much,no wonder he likes going to Abuja and he bought presidential form? Chai this guy supposed be locked up undecided reason why I don't really support youth as governor

After the conclusion of the screening he embarked on in 2016, he has been paying percentage salary to primary school teachers and local government workers.

Abuja is his first home grin

1 Like

Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by Damidave1124(m): 1:21pm On May 01, 2022
PDinteriors:
what will you now say about governor ortom of benue another confused and clueless governor with no vision…they are all bunch of salary paying governors that’s all no plan to move the state forward…Benue state has not experienced any significant changes since 1999 except Fulani herdsmen
I think Ortom of Benue should be better. Although it's been long I visited Benue state, but the last time I was there, Markurdi beats Lokoja hands down.
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 01, 2022
xaggar:

Or crocodiles...
lol
Re: Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video by Ologbo147: 5:09pm On May 01, 2022
Ekpoma is more developed than lokoja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Many Injured In Multiple Accident In Umuahia, Driver Escapes Lynching / "We Nigerians Are Beggars In Italy, There Is No Job Here" - Nigerian Guy (Video) / My First Trip To Obangogo Mountain In Kabba, Kogi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.