Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,755 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday (9301 Views)

FG Declares Monday Public Holiday / Lagos Flood And What It Caused (photos) / As Fashola Declares Austerity Measures In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by tpia5: 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2011
Sun of god:

He has Failed.
He is a Failure,
And he has even failed further by not resigning,

I dont think he would be silly as some people here and claim that he's a success.

do you happen to know where jonathan is right now.

people are fleeing maiduguri and a refugee situation is being created but so far nobody seems to be able to locate any functioning member of the federal govt.

can you post on jonathan's facebook page or call beaf or something.
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by tpia5: 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2011
hello?
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by jmaine: 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2011
People are suddenly claiming that Fashola is the best Governor ever in Nigeria . . What a bizarre post
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by Sunofgod(m): 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2011
tpia@:

do you happen to know where jonathan is right now.

people are fleeing maiduguri and a refugee situation is being created but so far nobody seems to be able to locate any functioning member of the federal govt.

can you post on jonathan's facebook page or call beaf or something.

GEJ was last seen clearing gutters with a shovel somewhere in Lagos - Rectifying 'Fashola's Mess'.

The 'Boko' situation is a seperate matter.

I dont think its a matter you rush into - instead robust plan needs to be put in place before going to work on them.

The head of the 'Snake' was cut off (Boko's leader) - But the Snake grew a new head.

The next action the Federal Govt take against these 'Muslim Terrorists' must be decisive - and not a knee-jerk reaction.
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2011
I have come to accept that a lot of our Nigerian kin have the need to attach the "messiah" label to someone and for some that person happens to be Fashola. I have come to accept that we are not all built equal and so there will be those who NEED that someone to cling to and kiss up to/or praise. However, I would that we at least call a spade a spade, especially when lives and billions are lost each year as a result of slowness/neglect on the part of our government.

I live in a city bigger than Lagos. Sometime last winter, the government was unable to pick up trash due to a snow storm, for a week . . . just one week! You should have seen the trashed piled up high in our alley by the end of that week, going on the second week. I was in awe of how that one trash pick up each week is necessary to keep the city looking like it is well taken care of.

My point is, people are paying taxes now, and so it is time folks stop pretending it is OK to pay Government and still need to go out there and do the job ourselves. If I paid someone to pick up after me, what is the point of me needing to do exactly the same job I hired someone else to do? Now, I am not advocating for people to litter as much as they choose. Matter of fact, the reason we don't do it here is because it is actually against the law and there are fines and other penalties for littering, and our, yes, Government enforces them.

No matter which way you want to cut this one,not until we start knowing of our democracy, can we start to reap the dividends of it.
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by bashydemy(m): 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2011
the sun of god na mumu so Fashola will go about every night looking after the gutters so people wont block with garbage huh you mumu na season film
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by aljharem3: 10:12pm On Jul 12, 2011
Sun of god:

He has Failed.
He is a Failure,
And he has even failed further by not resigning,

I dont think he would be silly as some people here and claim that he's a success.

i can see now that with all ur education, u have no sense

pls i would like if u can leav lagos and go to abuja or enugu where u came from

mumu like u and yet this ideeiot would came himself "i am a lagosian, i am the 10th generation etc"
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by Sunofgod(m): 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2011
alj_harem:

i can see now that with all your education, u have no sense

pls i would like if u can leav lagos and go to abuja or enugu where u came from

mumu like u and yet this ideeiot would came himself "i am a lagosian, i am the 10th generation etc"

Aboki - as far as your concerned everything is fine in Lagos because you saw some pretty flowers fashola planted.

You didn't see people drowning or the destruction done to property due to fashola's ineptitude?

Why are you and your people so backward?
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by aljharem3: 10:39pm On Jul 12, 2011
Sun of god:

Aboki - as far as your concerned everything is fine in Lagos because you saw some pretty flowers fashola planted.

You didn't see people drowning or the destruction done to property due to fashola's ineptitude?

Why are you and your people so backward?

yes i saw some of the flooded sites but it does not mean if u see something good, u should not talk about it

we can not all be talking about flood, as u can see the lagos state goverment is looking into it

now compare that to other governors
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by Sunofgod(m): 10:43pm On Jul 12, 2011
alj_harem:

yes i saw some of the flooded sites but it does not mean if u see something good, u should not talk about it

we can not all be talking about flood, as u can see the lagos state goverment is looking into it

now compare that to other governors

So whilst most people are talking about the devastation the floods have caused and disruption you feel its valid to talk about flowers?

I will always question your motives because your far from honest or genuine.

And I put that down to you being 'Genetically Flawed'.
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by EkoIle1: 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I have come to accept that a lot of our Nigerian kin have the need to attach the "messiah" label to someone and for some that person happens to be Fashola. I have come to accept that we are not all built equal and so there will be those who NEED that someone to cling to and kiss up to/or praise. However, I would that we at least call a spade a spade, especially when lives and billions are lost each year as a result of slowness/neglect on the part of our government.

I live in a city bigger than Lagos. Sometime last winter, the government was unable to pick up trash due to a snow storm, for a week . . . just one week! You should have seen the trashed piled up high in our alley by the end of that week, going on the second week. I was in awe of how that one trash pick up each week is necessary to keep the city looking like it is well taken care of.

My point is, people are paying taxes now, and so it is time folks stop pretending it is OK to pay Government and still need to go out there and do the job ourselves. If I paid someone to pick up after me, what is the point of me needing to do exactly the same job I hired someone else to do? Now, I am not advocating for people to litter as much as they choose. Matter of fact, the reason we don't do it here is because it is actually against the law and there are fines and other penalties for littering, and our, yes, Government enforces them.

No matter which way you want to cut this one,not until we start knowing of our democracy, can we start to reap the dividends of it.

What's your point exactly?

That Lagos state government is not picking up trash

That the Lagos state government is not investing in waste disposal and management?

That there huge trash piled up all over Lagos state?

Just what's your point?

I do agree about the enforcement thing, but what's enforcement got to do with nature having it's way?

The city of Houston/Texas has the most littering laws in the US with strong enforcement and public service announcements and anti littering billboards, but can you please tell us why the city of Houston get flooded every year?

They even have a $5 drainage fee levied against every household

This is a picture of the whole city under water.

Is it because the people of Houston liter?

Is it because the city leaders are incompetent like Fashola?

Is it because of lack of drainage system?

Please educate us,
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by bashydemy(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2011
^^^ thanks jare Eko ile i think Texas Government is not doing anything
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by DaDoctor: 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2011
EKO ILE and co
The flood in lagos is avoidable, it was much this year cos of the activities at the ISLAND.
Offcourse you know that TINUBU AND OBA of lagos interest shud be there.

My prayers, Since you tend to say the blames should be off them, MAY YOU OR ANYONE RELATED TO YOU NOT BE INVLOCED IN THE MESS ELSE YOU WOUNT BE A HYPOCRITE

We have the resources in lag that can help us dredge the canals and do proper channeling, yet same is used to procurring BELLVIEW(FIRST NATION)

Eko oni baje o!!!!!!

Even Igbokwe's street is flooded, Dont be suprised , i am an insider but the truth must be told for the sake of posterity
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by tpia5: 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2011
and what part of unprecedented flood are you not getting?

one month rainfall in one day- na beans?

and its not just lagos alone- there's been various flooding in different parts of the world even last year.

can people stop acting like illiterates cos even my uneducated grandmother isnt this d.aft.
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by Anvaller: 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2011
Interesting, I heard so many people asking "should Fashola clear the gutter in your house?" "Is Fashola the one dumping refuse in the gutters?" etc. Hey ppl!!! i dey laugh ooo what kind of mentality is that in Nigeria? So u think that it is your responsibility to clear gutters

Okay lets assume that is the method the government of Lagos wants to use, it is possible but they have to pay all residents clearing their gutters by themself a considerable amount per hour of gutter cleaning. Otherwise, the masses are cheating themselves for thinking that they should bear the responsibility and the cost of clearing their street gutters.

In the developed world, u can chose the option of emptying your garbages by yourself and get an equivalent refund from your rent or chose that the estate manager be responsible for the garbage and pay for it as part of your rent. The former option is mostly preferred by ppl living in low cost houses. Ppl seem not to realize when the govt is cheating them in Nigria and when someone is raising an objection they would begin to attack the person and defend the governor or whoever. Very funny. Nigerians are very cheap for the politicians to manipulate and cheat but may be the ppl will smarten up with time.

To the second question, Although I dont know what is up as at now in Lagos but the question is, are there enough garbage bins per street per neighbourhood? If no, ppl can not be guilty of dumping in the gutter. Should they eat their thrash?
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Jul 15, 2011
^^^ The #1 problem is people are weak when it comes to their understanding of what it means to live in a system such as the one they currently do. Many operate under the mindset that they are indebted to those they have in government -- hence the reason why some blame themselves for the situation without realizing they already do pay for these services to be carried out/taken care of by various governmental agencies.

You are bound to find such quotes on thread on the bad situation of roads in Lagos/Nigeria. Some actually believe it is the people's fault and suggest that people ought to pay to fix the roads in their areas, if they need them fixed. It is heartbreaking that we have people who still think this way in the majority.
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by sley4life(m): 6:56pm On Jul 15, 2011
same old story
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by Enoquin(f): 10:55am On Jul 16, 2011
All these PDP apologists, hope your opinion about PDP remains the same by the time another "fulani-bokoharam-aboki-islamist-northerner" becomes the president from PDP.

bashy_demy:

^^^ abi oo help me ask them

I am not a PDP apologist, the fact that I am not praising Fashola doesn't mean I am. All I asked was, If he was a PDP governor, would you rush to defend him, leaving sentiments aside? Let's say Dosumu per chance won the last election, would your response be the same? Constructive criticisms are not meant to downplay anyone but whosoever gets defensive over a constructive criticism is not seeing beyond his nose.
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by Sunofgod(m): 11:19am On Jul 16, 2011
Enoquin:

All these PDP apologists, hope your opinion about PDP remains the same by the time another "fulani-bokoharam-aboki-islamist-northerner" becomes the president from PDP.

I am not a PDP apologist, the fact that I am not praising Fashola doesn't mean I am. All I asked was, If he was a PDP governor, would you rush to defend him, leaving sentiments aside? Let's say Dosumu per chance won the last election, would your response be the same? Constructive criticisms are not meant to downplay anyone but whosoever gets defensive over a constructive criticism is not seeing beyond his nose.

The criticism is solely against 'Fashola' and is not Political.

He has proven himself to inept as a Governor.

Therefore he should resign and look for a vocation that is not above him eg a school teacher, bus conductor, etc
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by Aduairo: 11:23am On Jul 16, 2011
well am not in lasgidi sha but my ppl do leave dia, Fashola don n dey try, abeg who no recomend can get a map, a car n drive to hell, gud luck. grin
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by tpia5: 2:39pm On Jul 16, 2011
Sun of god:

The criticism is solely against 'Fashola' and is not Political.

He has proven himself to inept as a Governor.

Therefore he should resign and look for a vocation that is not above him eg a school teacher, bus conductor, etc

hmm, unlike you, fashola excels at everything he does.

so, even if he had been a school teacher or bus conductor, chances are he'd still be receiving international ovation and be a billionaire into the bargain.

now, even if you, by an accident of nature, got a portfolio in one bush republic of maybe ten huts [not in nigeria], chances are you'd only loot the little kobo there and leave nothing to show for it.

besides, if nigeria had more school teachers with fashola's work ethic, the country wouldnt have the number of semi-literates it has today.
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by cap28: 2:47pm On Jul 16, 2011
action governor my arse - i remember bringing up the issue of how over hyped this Fashola is  and one ode  on this forum  almost bit my head off - don't worry soon he will be running lagos state govt affairs from inside a submarine in the atlantic ocean - rubbish!

how does the water of the atlantic ocean taste? nice and salty abi?- fools!!!
Re: Lagos Flood: Fashola Declares Monday Public Holiday by Kobojunkie: 2:18am On Jul 17, 2011
[img]http:///sites/default/files/page_images/galleries/2011/Fighting%20the%20flood%20so%20that%20it%20will%20not%20takes%20over%20thier%20house.jpg?1310412581[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries / Kidnapped Tegina Islamic School Pupils Finally Released After 88 Days / Ijaw Group Flays Sponsored Campaign Of Calumny On Tompolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.