Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Making A Biblical Sense Of Love - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Making A Biblical Sense Of Love (129 Views)

What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / How Are Human Souls Created At Conception? A Biblical Perspective. / Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had No Other Children. A Biblical Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Making A Biblical Sense Of Love by RepoMan007: 4:57am On May 01, 2022
Making A biblical sense of Love

I have come to realize that love isn't easy to define or comprehend without a clear picture of man's nature and his state. Let me try and explain.
In the bible, we see that man is basically an eternal spirit in a temporary body and connected by a redeemable soul.
To understand actions that constitute valid expression of love(agape love), one has to look at the effect at the spirit realm and realize that though some actions or lifestyle may appeal to a living soul, they aren't always valid expression of love. An example is Abimelech and Sarah in Genesis 20. He took, out of ignorance, a woman who happens to married but God clearly disapproved of it. Though he did in error, God called him "dead" in verse 3.

Many actions we take may look appealing and enticing to and in the flesh but ultimately destroy the permanent part of man or the spirit of man. Looking at many other biblical illustrations I cannot exhaust here, it becomes clear that love in its pure and balanced form is suppose to enhance the spirit. Any other love or form of love is at variance from Gods will for us.

(1) (Reply)

The Joy Of Christ / Comfortable In Our Bondage / God, When?!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.