Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,888 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA (2016 Views)

Edo Youth Barricade NPDC Office Over "Marginalisation Of Host Communities" / The Brazen Act Of Marginalisation Of Christians In Kaduna State By Gov Elrufai / God Is Using The Marginalisation Of Igbos For His Purpose - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by Transcriber: 1:12pm On May 01, 2022
They caused it
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by haslaw(m): 2:33pm On May 01, 2022
sirp9898:

Na Yoruba man right am
E just answer Emeka to pls on a

Since Igbo's no be good people to live with make ona let the go so that on a get peace and them too get peace

You have Nnamdi Azikiwe and Ben Nwabueze to thank for your inability to leave Nigeria.

Nnamdi Azikiwe the unity begger
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by sirp9898(m): 6:38pm On May 01, 2022
haslaw:

You have Nnamdi Azikiwe and Ben Nwabueze to thank for your inability to leave Nigeria.

Nnamdi Azikiwe the unity begger

You all is still living in stone age mentality
Now and them is it the same things
free us and free yourselves
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by haslaw(m): 7:16pm On May 01, 2022
sirp9898:

I would personally have used my left leg to kick YOU dirty pigs out of Nigeria but your unity beggers called Nnamdi Azikiwe and Ben Nwabueze have sealed the your fate and made it obligatory for us to deal with YOU anytime you say you want out.
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by sirp9898(m): 11:19pm On May 01, 2022
haslaw:

I would personally have used my left leg to kick YOU dirty pigs out of Nigeria but your unity beggers called Nnamdi Azikiwe and Ben Nwabueze have sealed the your fate and made it obligatory for us to deal with YOU anytime you say you want out.

You see y we all are suffering the effects
ThankGod Igbo's is not the only one suffering it.
Today you all are making the same mistake azikiwe made
Let's do things different
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by haslaw(m): 12:05am On May 02, 2022
sirp9898:

You see y we all are suffering the effects
ThankGod Igbo's is not the only one suffering it.
Today you all are making the same mistake azikiwe made
Let's do things different

You and who?
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by 1873ai: 5:30am On May 02, 2022
[s]
Transcriber:
They caused it
[/s]
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by sirp9898(m): 12:42pm On May 02, 2022
haslaw:

You and who?

So this cost of living in Nigeria did not reach your side? That's good maybe you are in other country or super rich but think of your siblings and other tribal kind men and women of low income or even me after all we are still living together for now until we are seperated
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by almaandar: 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
Lol are you serious? Who has been openly linked with terrorism involving even ISIS? who has an open case with the USA on drug related crimes? Lol.
You're funny talking about respect of the Nigerian passport. I pray the break up happens. Let's see who survives better.

drlateef:

Argue with your brother who wrote the piece. I didn’t write it. And I will be the happiest person if Biafra is given to IPOB. Because Nigerian passports will have respect again and Nigerian citizens will not be embarrassed in foreign lands. The world will then know which country has the largest number of fraudsters and drug barons.
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by zoedew: 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
Emergingnation3:
You don't trust Igbo with your useless power which never help anyone,yet you still want to share thesame country with them. Isn't that an act of cowardness

In a Business community, trust is the key. you don't do business with someone you don't trust..... Since you don't trust Igbo with your power ,why forcing them to remain in Nigeria as against their very will, If you ain't coward. grin

IGBO want their seperate country to enable the above mention tribes, Edo, Yoruba, Hausa/Fulani and others that doesn't trust Igbo to live in peace and harmony in Nigeria.

The Actualization of sovereign state of Biafra is a task that must be accomplished..
I was expecting you to respond to the history of the Ibo in Nigeria.
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by zoedew: 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2022
sirp9898:

The Igbo will do better to first agree that The Chameleon called Nnamdi Azikiwe put them in the mess they are and thereafter talk about wanting out. The same Nnamdi Azikiwe tricked Ojukwu and fled Biafra. Ojukwu himself ran like the coward he was. The Igbo won’t tell themselves the truth on these matters choosing instead to beat their chests telling lies about the Saudarna and Awolowo. Until The Igbo come clean on this matter they will remain as they are in Nigeria. Imagine Baba Nwadialo leaning on Atiku for support after he helped draft the constitution that entrenched Unitary government because it suited Ironsi and by extension the Igbo fine. I could continue…. Peter Obi is wasting his time. No one can be President in Nigeria without Northern votes and he is not getting that until The Igbo learn humility and tell the true story! The marginalisation is the fruit of the seed they sowed. No one trusts them again on political matters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by gidgiddy: 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2022
zoedew:

The Igbo will do better to first agree that The Chameleon called Nnamdi Azikiwe put them in the mess they are and thereafter talk about wanting out. The same Nnamdi Azikiwe tricked Ojukwu and fled Biafra. Ojukwu himself ran like the coward he was. The Igbo won’t tell themselves the truth on these matters choosing instead to beat their chests telling lies about the Saudarna and Awolowo. Until The Igbo come clean on this matter they will remain as they are in Nigeria. Imagine Baba Nwadialo leaning on Atiku for support after he helped draft the constitution that entrenched Unitary government because it suited Ironsi and by extension the Igbo fine. I could continue…. Peter Obi is wasting his time. No one can be President in Nigeria without Northern votes and he is not getting that until The Igbo learn humility and tell the true story! The marginalisation is the fruit of the seed they sowed. No one trusts them again on political matters.

Try to use you brain. Awolowo and Sauduana wanted seperation but Zik wanted one Nigeria,? So how did Zik, one man, manage to overrule Sarduana and Awolowo, two men? What magic did Zik use to overturn the majority?

Ojukwu ran away? At least Ojukwu fought like a man for 3 years before running away. You people have never fought for even 3 minutes

Dont worry about Peter Obi and Presidency, who Nigerian Presidency help?
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by zoedew: 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2022
gidgiddy:

Try to use you brain. Awolowo and Sauduana wanted seperation but Zik wanted one Nigeria,? So how did Zik, one man, manage to overrule Sarduana and Awolowo, two men? What magic did Zik use to overturn the majority?

Ojukwu ran away? At least Ojukwu fought like a man for 3 years before running away. You people have never fought for even 3 minutes

Dont worry about Peter Obi and Presidency, who Nigerian Presidency help?
Typical for you to be insult others m. Makes no meaning. You don’t appear to get my point Sir. My point is that how come the Igbo now call Nigeria a zoo and wanting out when the opposite was Igbo position as stated by Azikiwe. The Igbo owe other parts of Nigeria an explanation so we can trust you again. It is unwise to set out to fight a war only to flee leaving your followers to themselves dying and suffering. What am saying is that Ojukwu was not a leader worth calling one. Leaders lead from the front and not the rear! You may, as usual, abuse me. It does not change the fact of history bad recorded by the Hansard .
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by gidgiddy: 4:59pm On Aug 31, 2022
zoedew:

Typical for you to be insult others m. Makes no meaning. You don’t appear to get my point Sir. My point is that how come the Igbo now call Nigeria a zoo and wanting out when the opposite was Igbo position as stated by Azikiwe. The Igbo owe other parts of Nigeria an explanation so we can trust you again. It is unwise to set out to fight a war only to flee leaving your followers to themselves dying and suffering. What am saying is that Ojukwu was not a leader worth calling one. Leaders lead from the front and not the rear! You may, as usual, abuse me. It does not change the fact of history bad recorded by the Hansard .

So because Zik wanted one Nigeria 70 years ago, all Igbos are bound to want it forever? So in this life, what you wanted yesterday, you must tomorrow and forever? Nobody has a right to change their mind? What sort of reasoning is that?

If leaders lead from the front, Buhari would have been in Sambisa
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by Christistruth00: 5:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
1) Azikiwe sold his birthright at independence for a Plate Of Porridge

2) Ironsi had the chance to correct things but instead made things worse with his unitary decree ,before then Regions were Autonomous

and kept half of all their incomes

3) Ojukwu took a bad Situation and turned it into a Disaster Of Biblical Proportions

Things can still be made better Peacefully

Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by Christistruth00: 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
gidgiddy:

So because Zik wanted one Nigeria 70 years ago, all Igbos are bound to want it forever? So in this life, what you wanted yesterday, you must tomorrow and forever? Nobody has a right to change their mind? What sort of reasoning is that?

70 years ago SE, Cross River, Rivers State, Akwa Ibom , Bayelsa and Southern Cameroon were all one Region under an Igbo Premier

Nothing can return them to that Status again they have tasted freedom
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by Bridget95(f): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
You can't satisfy an Igbo,even if you sell yourself to feed him.

They must be stuck in the same trap they set for eternity.

I have a little Igbo blood in me,but I don't care.

I am never Igbo,and I won't be. Their dot blood in me was mistake of my granny.
You are a piece sh.it full of hate. Who cares if you are associate with igbos or Fulanis. You and your generation are inconsequential.

1 Like

Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by Bridget95(f): 5:40pm On Aug 31, 2022
Christistruth00:

70 years ago SE, Cross River, Rivers State, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa were all one Region under an Igbo Premier

Nothing can return them to that Status again they have tasted freedom
what is the benefits of the ao called freedom?

Jobs?
Constant electricity?
Clean water?
Security?
Offcourse all are absent under the present arrangement

1 Like

Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by Christistruth00: 5:42pm On Aug 31, 2022
Legendary123:
na wa o. why concoct history. Below is the reason why the Igbos were envied. It was just because of the huge success of people in the old eastern region

The Eastern Region was an administrative region in Nigeria, dating back originally from the division of the colony Southern Nigeria in
1954. The gap between the eastern region and other parts of Nigeria was too
much. It led to resentment and envy Look at these facts.

1. Between 1954 and 1964, Eastern Nigeria was described as the fastest growing economy in the world by Harvard reviews. Faster than China, Singapore and the "Asian Tigers".
2. The Eastern govt was the only government in the world that invested 45% of its revenues in Education.
3. The Eastern Region had the biggest Electricity Supply. Best Hospitals And The Igbos made up 60% Of Nigerian Civil Service due to outstanding merited qualifications.
4. The Eastern Nigeria had the highest Number of Registered Cars in Nigeria as at 1963 by a large margin.
5. The Number of Registered Business in Nigeria as at 1963 was as follows.
East~ 68,220
West ~ 5776
North~ 2407.
6. All the progress the Eastern Nigeria made was destroyed during the Civil War and we're still recovering from it.
Crédit: Modernisation And Politics Disintegration: Nigeria And The Igbo

By Paul Anber
# igbohistoryandcullturetv

Paul Anber is a Fake Person that was Produced in 1967 as part of Ojukwus Propaganda Mill

There is no Record or Trace of him lecturing in any University or producing any other Publibations
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by Christistruth00: 5:52pm On Aug 31, 2022
zoedew:

The Igbos cannot be a Political Power Bloc without their immediate South South Neigbhours

It was Ordained that way by God Almighty

Just look at their Geography

Their South South Neigbhours have a near Stranglehold over their Territory ,

Igboland can hardly do anything without their buy in

The Prayer that the South South People Prayed to God must have been very mighty indeed because

God Gave them almost all the Jokers Cards

Sea Ports, Agricultural Land, Mineral Resources

The only serious Political Joker Card the Igbos have is Industrous Population but it is not enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by Christistruth00: 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
Bridget95:
what is the benefits of the ao called freedom?

Jobs?
Constant electricity?
Clean water?
Security?
Offcourse all are absent under the present arrangement

They are ruling themselves

It was Mahatma Gandhi who said he preferred to be ruled by an Indian Terrorist than an English one
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by Conner44: 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2022
Because it’s an igbo man warming up to be the next president of Nigeria all these ones have completely lost their minds lol grin

See how they went and resurrected this thread just for tribal wars to ensue.

Peter Obi for president 2023 and nothing can stop it

1 Like

Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by zoedew: 12:39am On Sep 01, 2022
gidgiddy:

You get my point Sir. In one voice The Igbo are better are better off telling the truth they once wanted Nigeria but think differently now. The story Igbo tells is that they never wanted Nigeria and were forced in and kept in marginalised. That, certainly, is telling the story wrongly and falsely. its been nice being with you on this matter.
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by Christistruth00: 4:30pm On Sep 01, 2022
zoedew:

You get my point Sir. In one voice The Igbo are better are better off telling the truth they once wanted Nigeria but think differently now. The story Igbo tells is that they never wanted Nigeria and were forced in and kept in marginalised. That, certainly, is telling the story wrongly and falsely. its been nice being with you on this matter.

https://www.blackpast.org/global-african-history/1953-nnamdi-azikiwe-speech-secession/

Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by Christistruth00: 4:41pm On Sep 01, 2022
Forwarded as received

*OBAFEMI AWOLOWO ASKED FOR SECESSION CLAUSE TO BE INCLUDED IN THE CONSTITUTION, THE NORTH SUPPORTED THE MOTION, BUT I IGNORANTLY OPPOSED AND THE BRITISH (HYPOCRITICALLY) SUPPORTED MY ARGUMENT*

An Interview granted by Nnamdi Azkiwe in 1975.

*Read and learn..*

"Nnamdi Azikiwe stated that... When the 1954 constitution conference started, my good friend, Chief Obafemi Awolowo tabled a motion to the effect that in the new constitution, provision should be made that any state which feels like seceding should do so. I was opposed to it and said ‘no’ and said that once we have a federation, we are indivisible and perpetual.

That was when we began to use that expression – ‘The Indivisibility and perpetuity of the federation’ – and that to secede would amount to treason. And so, a debate ensued.

The Secretary of State then was Oliver Littleton, later Lord Chandos and he was very much interested and that was his first time in saying that the people of African descent were people actually debating at a high level.

So a full day was given to Chief Awolowo to make his points. He spoke brilliantly as a lawyer. He made his points why secession should be incorporated in the constitution. He cited the case of the Soviet Union which is a federation, and that secession is written there so that any state in the Soviet Union can secede at will. He also cited the case of Western Australia and eventually he finished his case and was applauded.

Lord Chandos said that on the face of the arguments before him it would be suicidal to incorporate secession in our constitution and that is why we have section 86 in our constitution that if any region or state should secede, then it will be an act of treason

We adjourned. The next day, I had to reply. I availed myself of the opportunity to, well, demolish the arguments of my friend and I cited the case of United States which based its constitution on that of the Swiss Confederation. That is Switzerland. I pointed out a case, I think, that of Texas versus White, where Mr. Salmon Chase, the Chief Justice laid down the principle – he was really an arbiter – that the union was intended to be perpetual and indivisible and that any attempt to divide the union by secession was treasonable.

Also read Why Awolowo did not make West secede

The North (NPC) supported Action Group. The question was then: Should we have secession? *"The Colonial Office came to our rescue. YOU KNOW THE USUAL PRINCIPLE OF BRITAIN – ‘ *DIVIDED AND RULE'* (laughs) but this time, it was in our favour. So, the colonial office backed us."

Lord Chandos said that on the face of the arguments before him it would be suicidal to incorporate secession in our constitution and that is why we have section 86.... ."

— *Excerpt: Nnamdi Azikiwe’s interview with New Nigeria in 1975.*
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by stevnwigw1: 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2022
drlateef:

Argue with your brother who wrote the piece. I didn’t write it. And I will be the happiest person if Biafra is given to IPOB. Because Nigerian passports will have respect again and Nigerian citizens will not be embarrassed in foreign lands. The world will then know which country has the largest number of fraudsters and drug barons.
see who is talking, you want to please the world, coward.
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by stevnwigw1: 4:51pm On Sep 01, 2022
Christistruth00:
Forwarded as received

*OBAFEMI AWOLOWO ASKED FOR SECESSION CLAUSE TO BE INCLUDED IN THE CONSTITUTION, THE NORTH SUPPORTED THE MOTION, BUT I IGNORANTLY OPPOSED AND THE BRITISH (HYPOCRITICALLY) SUPPORTED MY ARGUMENT*

An Interview granted by Nnamdi Azkiwe in 1975.

*Read and learn..*

"Nnamdi Azikiwe stated that... When the 1954 constitution conference started, my good friend, Chief Obafemi Awolowo tabled a motion to the effect that in the new constitution, provision should be made that any state which feels like seceding should do so. I was opposed to it and said ‘no’ and said that once we have a federation, we are indivisible and perpetual.

That was when we began to use that expression – ‘The Indivisibility and perpetuity of the federation’ – and that to secede would amount to treason. And so, a debate ensued.

The Secretary of State then was Oliver Littleton, later Lord Chandos and he was very much interested and that was his first time in saying that the people of African descent were people actually debating at a high level.

So a full day was given to Chief Awolowo to make his points. He spoke brilliantly as a lawyer. He made his points why secession should be incorporated in the constitution. He cited the case of the Soviet Union which is a federation, and that secession is written there so that any state in the Soviet Union can secede at will. He also cited the case of Western Australia and eventually he finished his case and was applauded.

Lord Chandos said that on the face of the arguments before him it would be suicidal to incorporate secession in our constitution and that is why we have section 86 in our constitution that if any region or state should secede, then it will be an act of treason

We adjourned. The next day, I had to reply. I availed myself of the opportunity to, well, demolish the arguments of my friend and I cited the case of United States which based its constitution on that of the Swiss Confederation. That is Switzerland. I pointed out a case, I think, that of Texas versus White, where Mr. Salmon Chase, the Chief Justice laid down the principle – he was really an arbiter – that the union was intended to be perpetual and indivisible and that any attempt to divide the union by secession was treasonable.

Also read Why Awolowo did not make West secede

The North (NPC) supported Action Group. The question was then: Should we have secession? *"The Colonial Office came to our rescue. YOU KNOW THE USUAL PRINCIPLE OF BRITAIN – ‘ *DIVIDED AND RULE'* (laughs) but this time, it was in our favour. So, the colonial office backed us."

Lord Chandos said that on the face of the arguments before him it would be suicidal to incorporate secession in our constitution and that is why we have section 86.... ."

— *Excerpt: Nnamdi Azikiwe’s interview with New Nigeria in 1975.*
make we manage am like that na

1 Like

Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by sirp9898(m): 8:09pm On Sep 01, 2022
zoedew:

Free Igbo's
Fee ourselves
Live long story
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by zoedew: 11:01am On Sep 02, 2022
sirp9898:

Free Igbo's
Fee ourselves
Live long story
Your response is another big reason for the so called marginalisation of the Igbo.
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by sirp9898(m): 5:05pm On Sep 02, 2022
zoedew:

Your response is another big reason for the so called marginalisation of the Igbo.
Guy Igbo's is not at war with Yoruba's or any other tribes in Nigeria all we want peace and prosperity finish
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by zoedew: 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2022
sirp9898:

Guy Igbo's is not at war with Yoruba's or any other tribes in Nigeria all we want peace and prosperity finish
Life is better lived in humility.
Re: Who Caused The Marginalisation Of Igbos In NIGERIA by sirp9898(m): 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2022
zoedew:

Life is better lived in humility.
Learn to mind your own ways
They do their thing on dear own way
If you don't like it try to stay on your own

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Will Win 2023 Presidential Election But / Delta: Peter Obi’s Supporter Donates Building To Labour Party In Keyamo’s Commun / Obi Mobilizes People From Onitsha To Minna For Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.