Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) (34037 Views)

“So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife / ₦1,200 Tuber Of Yam In Ibadan (Pictured) / What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Haykinx98(m): 12:43pm On May 01, 2022
Aystarz:

Nope, more than 20% of them are Yorubas. The Hausas still remain the only incorruptible tribe when it comes to retail business in Nigeria.

He never mentioned the Hausa's tho
But to be very honest people from barren land in Lagos are actually different from what you thought... bikeman once gave me #300 price for somewhere I carry #100 on normal day...Their goods is another case most especially those selling pepper

1 Like

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Mamak1(m): 12:43pm On May 01, 2022
Most time, this type of things happ without the seller's knowledge. Just accept it with good faith.
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by BigYash: 12:44pm On May 01, 2022
siofra:
Hmm. But can't you tell rotten yam from good yam.

It's pretty easy.

Be careful of yams that are very black, always go for light brown coloured yams.

You can also feel the yams to know if it's bad but in this method, the yams will already be very bad before you know.
Probably he bought and kept it. Once bought yams like that at asaba. The first two was good,but the last one went bad under two weeks. The thing shock me.. Cux yam been dey spend a month plus for hux,e no go spoil.
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by ElexObi1: 12:44pm On May 01, 2022
Chocolate yam. Very sweet
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Cutehector(m): 12:45pm On May 01, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Who's fault is it?? Even a 3 month year old child in his mothers womb will know spoil yam before buying. Don't come here to blackmail one Innocent aboki..
stop this
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by happiness4ever(m): 12:46pm On May 01, 2022
Not this Buhari period
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by flexyrule(m): 12:46pm On May 01, 2022
ValCon888:
I know that the country is hard. But buying a tuber of yam for N2500 is reckless stupidity.

Unless he has inflated the price and this is just another Twitter super story.
You are the one that concluded that he bought a tuber of yam for N2500.

The guy said, make una see yam wey I buy N2500.
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Sleekfingers: 12:47pm On May 01, 2022
Omicronvaccine:
A Twitter user, Uncle Sarm has lamented after he discovered that the tuber of yam he claimed to have bought for N2500 at a market in Lagos, was rotten, IGBERETV reports.

He shared a photo of the yam with the caption;

https://twitter.com/Uncle_sarm/status/1520320826549153793?s=20&t=dDmPIR2NrmLd6PPH-LsyDw

Go back to your state na....we force you to come lagos?

Yeye dey smell....
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 01, 2022
siofra:
Hmm. But can't you tell rotten yam from good yam.

It's pretty easy.

Be careful of yams that are very black, always go for light brown coloured yams.

You can also feel the yams to know if it's bad but in this method, the yams will already be very bad before you know.
You know nothing concerning yams. even experienced farmers use to mistake good yams and/or rotten ones. sometimes, the yam will be fresh outside, even if you use your finger nails to scratch it, it will be white to signify that the yam is ok, but try cutting it into two halves, that is when you will know that the yam is rotten completely

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Iamnorth: 12:48pm On May 01, 2022
A tuber of yam for 2K5?what are we still doing with the aboudant yam we are having here? well,next time,check for the weight,if its in contrast to the size of the yam just know its rotten,it is mostly lighter compared to the size,you can also knock ,slap or pat the tubber and listen to the sound,if it sounds like there is a hollow inside you should know what you are buying,check out for brown or dried spots too,they are indicators

2 Likes

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Cutehector(m): 12:48pm On May 01, 2022
Bad experiences happen so we can learn from it. I am sure that you'll be more careful next time when buying yam.

And please, this incident can happen to anyone be it yam or otherwise. Don't come here forming woke.

2 Likes

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Maryam1234(f): 12:49pm On May 01, 2022
How can you buy one tuber of yam for that outrageous amount, when I'm here pricing 5 tuber's for 800 against 1000 naira selling price.Things nor balance I swear.
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 01, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Who's fault is it?? Even a 3 month year old child in his mothers womb will know spoil yam before buying. Don't come here to blackmail one Innocent aboki..
You are the ignorant one here

2 Likes

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Bridget95(f): 12:51pm On May 01, 2022
Kriss216:
A tuber of Yam N2500

This is ridiculous! Do we import yams in this country?

Na so one woman for my area dey pluck plantain for her compound and sell at exorbitant price.
Even bike riders and bus drivers dey increase fare during rush hour.

Nigerians are naturally greedy. Our own dey our body.
it's inflation and worthless currency that's to blame. Do yo want the to earn less and spend more?
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Sleekfingers: 12:52pm On May 01, 2022
Jostoman:
Even some they always use rotten pepper to cook their stew. Some people are just too wicked

Most restaurants are guilty of this.. especially those mama put ......they buy rotten peppers with maggots in it.....That's why I hardly eat outside anyhow......

People are even selling adulterated palm oil... Can you imagine that? All because they want to make money. Something human beings will consume......

Some nigerians are just wicked.....

3 Likes

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by jrusky(m): 12:54pm On May 01, 2022
Oh! oh!! oh!!! Pls can just feck off with all this Tinubu this Tinubu that only today alone Tinubu name has been mentioned here more than 100 time and its just 12.55pm pls na wetin nah?

What type of joblessness is this? Leave this man alone face your own unending problems, leave Tinubu Osbanjo alone let them be, what type of nonsense is this nah?
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by BIGSCARY(m): 12:58pm On May 01, 2022
Na inside life. A true picture of how Nigeria it's self has been..

Omicronvaccine:
A Twitter user, Uncle Sarm has lamented after he discovered that the tuber of yam he claimed to have bought for N2500 at a market in Lagos, was rotten, IGBERETV reports.

https://twitter.com/Uncle_sarm/status/1520320826549153793?s=20&t=dDmPIR2NrmLd6PPH-LsyDw
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by khadaffi(m): 12:59pm On May 01, 2022
ValCon888:
I know that the country is hard. But buying a tuber of yam for N2500 is reckless stupidity.

He might not be lying o! I bought a tuber of yam ₦1200 in Benin not too long ago. Benin wey be say yam farm full most villages. And it's not even that type he has there. That one in the picture should be more expensive. What he experienced was what also happened to me the difference is that mine was just some portion but it was too large IMO. I cannot buy something that expensive and be loosing that amount. I was later told that, that was one of the quality of old yam. That they are always spoilt.

1 Like

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 01, 2022
Overrated city...Oga, e da isu yen pada joor!
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Soccerzoom: 1:03pm On May 01, 2022
Apparently, gone are the days where mostly everyone had dignity and conscience.
Savages everywhere now, in the past when when you buy a product as a seller for 1000, If you sell it for 1200-1400 there’d be jubilations that business is booming
But come Nigeria 2022, Someone who buys 1k product would want to sell it for 10k. If they sell it for 3k and make 2k profit, they’d be sad.
Na that 9k profit them want. So now the cost of buying things from these people is crazy.
Las las price control no de exist for Nigeria, Dead government

1 Like

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by joiful(f): 1:09pm On May 01, 2022
Z
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by foreshore(m): 1:18pm On May 01, 2022
Omicronvaccine:

This is the same like your money was stolen
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by akanbiaa(m): 1:26pm On May 01, 2022
The price is over inflated and the signs of the rotten yam showed outside the yam. Probably he bought the yam at a give away price and now regretting parting with his money.
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by NoQualmz: 1:27pm On May 01, 2022
Heathrow44:

how do one know a fresh good yam from rotten yam? I want to know cos I want to buy yam in d market on Tuesday

Bodies always look smooth and not dry looking.

To d ediot doubting yams sold at 2500. They’re actually selling for that price here in Lagos. The ones I bought here in Lekki for madam were quite exorbitant. Though this is planting season

1 Like

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Teejaney88(m): 1:29pm On May 01, 2022
say the truth. didn't u keep it in ur room for long
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 01, 2022
Bought 5 small tubers for 3000 yesterday only to cook about 1 tuber and half this morning and discover that its kinda bitter, I mean all of it bitter even the egg sauce self nor fit quench am. I still dey swear for the Aboki deep inside my stormock like this. 3K just like that in this weather to buy bitter yam. Na to dey treat this Aboki with great caution now, dem don too dey wise lately. First na insurgency then kidnap now scamming and obtaining under false pretence. Aboki don wise for Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Seredebe: 1:30pm On May 01, 2022
udoji2021:

You know nothing concerning yams. even experienced farmers use to mistake good yams and/or rotten ones. sometimes, the yam will be fresh outside, even if you use your finger nails to scratch it, it will be white to signify that the yam is ok, but try cutting it into two halves, that is when you will know that the yam is rotten completely

This guy is a yam farmer. E no dey hard to identify them.

Sometimes, na ants go full the yam

1 Like

Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by candidbabe(f): 1:30pm On May 01, 2022
Heathrow44:

how do one know a fresh good yam from rotten yam? I want to know cos I want to buy yam in d market on Tuesday

You can also scratch the yam with your finger to know if it's good or not.
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by NoQualmz: 1:30pm On May 01, 2022
ElexObi1:
Chocolate yam. Very sweet

Hahahahaha
Vulture well done
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by NoQualmz: 1:32pm On May 01, 2022
snookcg:
Bought 5 small tubers for 3000 yesterday only to cook about 1 tuber and half this morning and discover that its kinda bitter, I mean all of it bitter even the egg sauce self nor fit quence am. I still dey swear for the Aboki deep inside my stormock like this. 3K just like that in this weather to buy bitter yam. Na to dey treat this Aboki with great caution now, dem don too dey wise lately. First na insurgency then kidnap now scamming and obtaining under false pretence. Aboki don wise for Lagos.

Add sugar
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Lexusgs430: 1:32pm On May 01, 2022
Take it back ........ Simple........

Next time before you purchase another tuber, ask the seller to slice it ........ wink
Re: Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) by Kokaine(m): 1:37pm On May 01, 2022
ValCon888:

Lol. Sweet potatoes is cheaper and can be made into a very good porridge. Even 200 naira sweet potatoes can be too much for a family of two. Its so filling too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Types Of Foods To Avoid If You Have Stomach Ulcers / 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man / What Is The Yoruba Name For Milk Thistle Leaves And Dandelion Leaves?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.