Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man (34048 Views)

Food To Avoid On A First Date / 6 Foods Nigerian Don't Joke With (pics) / 6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by NigeriaKitchen: 9:51am On May 16, 2016
The perfect dress, the perfect hairdo, face on fleek and bringing your A-game and then out of the blues some spinach stuck in between your teeth ruins what should have been a perfect evening!

Food is important and here are 6 things you should totally avoid on a first date!

1) Spaghetti!
Most people can't eat spaghetti without a slurp and that slurp splatters sauce all over your mouth and chest not to mention ruining your makeup. Forget that romantic scene from Disney's 'the Lady and the tramp', spaghetti is not romantic food!

2) Draw soup
A favorite among Nigerians and guaranteed to leave a mark. Okra, ogbona or mixed, anything that leaves a trail from your plate to your mouth should be avoided at all costs!

3) Shawarma
Show me a person that can finish a whole Shawarma without making a mess and I'll show you the real MVP! Most people can't manage this small feat which is why Shawarma is a no-no!

4) Suya
Suya is delicious and not at all messy so you must be wondering why it's on the list, well it isn't the Suya per se, it's the onions that go with the suya. Most people can't eat Suya without munching on the onions and onions are almost as famous as garlic for giving bad breath. Bad breath does not a great first date make! So say no to suya please!!!

5) Food with lots of garlic
Thankfully a lot of restaurants include the ingredients for each dish in the menu. Garlic oozes from your pores not to mention giving you bad breath. I don't have to emphasize staying away, it's for your own good!

6) Experimental food
Any food that you have never eaten before is not fair game for a first date please! A number of things could go wrong. I know a girl who ordered calamari on a first date because it looked fancy and ended up in the ER with anaphylactic shock. Even if you don't get allergies, you just may hate it and have to pretend to love it to save face or there may be a certain way that sort of food is eaten. Avoid the embarrassment, stick to the familiar!

Your first date isn't the time to show him what an unrepentant foodie you are, if you can't eat it without making a mess then pretend it isn't on the menu!

Culled from: Nigeriakitchen

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by mysticgal(f): 6:04pm On May 16, 2016
Which one we go come chop na

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by Darkseid(m): 9:08pm On May 16, 2016
mysticgal:
You can always go with the usual rice and beans.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by NigeriaKitchen: 8:54am On May 17, 2016
mysticgal:
The facecheesy cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by holluwai(m): 6:23pm On May 26, 2016
Rice and bean, abi?

1 Like

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by peter1994(m): 6:23pm On May 26, 2016
best way to avoid any form of embarrassment is to eat gently.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by hemartins(m): 6:24pm On May 26, 2016
Who said suya isn't romantic?
Then why do ladies always ask for it?

7 Likes

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by Akshow: 6:24pm On May 26, 2016
Yawns

3 Likes

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by shogz89: 6:24pm On May 26, 2016
mysticgal:
just pure water is enough you know

17 Likes

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by rose54321: 6:24pm On May 26, 2016
Interesting... thought I was the only one who couldn't eat shawarma without it spilling all over.

Now I just stick to burgers, you cant go wrong with those, or pizza.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by Seeeeeeee: 6:25pm On May 26, 2016
Don't order Alcoholic drink's because after the reggae play the blues...

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by Mologi(m): 6:25pm On May 26, 2016
All for these intending lovers to please themselves....

And when starts dating..........arguement upon arguement wil spring up....

Well.....

Mo n wa iyawo sha!!!!

3 Likes

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 26, 2016
ok

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by Sharon6(f): 6:25pm On May 26, 2016
This list is so on point. Especially the Shawarma, there's no way you won't make a mess eating it.

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT. CHECK MY SIGNATURE!!!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by bastien: 6:25pm On May 26, 2016
Mumu post, make them no order anything again na, since u don commot the shawarma and spag

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by otunbabadok(m): 6:26pm On May 26, 2016
OK.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by shadrach77: 6:26pm On May 26, 2016
@OP you forgot to add a few Yoghurt, Milk or Beans (to prevent farting) grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by Omotayor123(f): 6:26pm On May 26, 2016
cheesy That experimental food reminds me of Seyi law - calamari grin grin

OP, I think Beans and moi-moi should be on the list grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 26, 2016
wareva mehn.
I ordered pounded yam and afang soup once at R&R restaurant Uyo, that's because they didn't have my all time favourite AKPU/FUFU.

When the waitress came with the swallow and a plate of rice (she wasn't the one that took the order), she placed the swallow in front of the guy...and we started laughing grin.
I told her, please gimme my pounded yam mbok, it is for me... angry

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by yomalex(m): 6:27pm On May 26, 2016
Lol

1 Like

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by archangel101(m): 6:27pm On May 26, 2016
number 1 and 3 correct

1 Like

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by sharpchap: 6:29pm On May 26, 2016
Pls eat woteva U want. No be food go determine.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by ireneony(f): 6:29pm On May 26, 2016
Tar! ifa I hear..
Not my dear suya.

Op, my boo is not complaining, as long he eats the onions

6 Likes

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by Omotayor123(f): 6:29pm On May 26, 2016
mysticgal:
Rice grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by gurunlocker: 6:30pm On May 26, 2016
Fried rice, salad and full chicken.... wine.... let's go home and yansh

3 Likes

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by missingrib(f): 6:30pm On May 26, 2016
fried rice anyday anytime

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by jtwest(m): 6:32pm On May 26, 2016
Just order moinmoin and pap then grin

3 Likes

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by loomer: 6:33pm On May 26, 2016
Wetin you take Nigerian man to be?

3 Likes

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by refiner(f): 6:33pm On May 26, 2016
...dear op!.

thanks for your concern,we appreciate..

but our boo is not complaining...I'll eat all that and even ask for more!...isit your mouth we will use?...undecided

3 Likes

Re: 6 Foods Not To Order On A First Date With A Nigerian Man by yinkeys(m): 6:33pm On May 26, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
wareva mehn.
I ordered pounded yam and afang soup once at R&R restaurant Uyo, that's because they didn't have my all time favourite AKPU/FUFU.

When the waitress came with the swallow and a plate of rice (she wasn't the one that took the order), she placed the swallow in front of the guy...and we started laughing grin.
I told her, please gimme my pounded yam mbok, it is for me... angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... / “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says / My New Year Rice 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.