Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic (45607 Views)

Video of Professor Akintoye Speaking About Tinubu / We Are Proud Of Soyinka, Fagunwa's Works, Says Akeredolu / Throwback Photo Of Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by fkj950ax(m): 6:23pm On May 02, 2022
Arelyn:

It is very unusual for me to quote people on public forums but when it comes to statements like yours that is borne out of share hatred and poor understanding of the relevance of individual tribes of our dear nation, I will love to school you..

Thank you for your response to him. The level of ignorance from a place of hate is alarming.

I honestly do not know why the illiterate guys from the east do this, and the literate ones don't call them to order.
It's easy to denigrate one another, but to what intent and purpose?
This is the time to mend bridges, but they are busy throwing shades.
They can't have a go at AsoRock alone. The hausas will not work with them. The yorubas that they can join forces with keeps getting jabs.
Tomorrow, all they will cry about is being marginalized again. They are busy ostracizing themselves today. The literate ones are silent and allowing these types to speak for them.

10 Likes

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by babaalagbo11(m): 6:23pm On May 02, 2022
Hope they are able to secure his total freedom...this man can't enter Nigeria until after this tenure,this is what I noticed
Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by IbrahimSola: 6:23pm On May 02, 2022
God1000:
from Biafra to Yoruba nation.

The thing is that the political, religious and traditional leaders in both regions are not in support of kanu and igboho, so how is that going to be possible

Yes, they can't be in support specifically because they're the beneficiaries of the current chaotic, nepotistic and ethnic calamity we call a country. Indeed there was a country.
Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by diplomat058(m): 6:25pm On May 02, 2022
bolajinoni1:
Wich one be we yoruba Muslim, talk about yourself, I'm a Muslim and I never pray for one Nigeria, pls is Nigeria working for you? Bad economy, bad road, bad electricity, bad education, no security, killing kidnapping rap everywhere, nothing you can benefit for Nigeria government, just ordinary Wi-Fi we don't benefit, here in our land we have alot of resources, out of top 10 richest local government in Nigeria, yoruba local get 6. Or are you still waiting for yoruba President in Nigeria, forget about that Fulani we control any president as there control Obasanjo, don't forget Fulani/Hausa dominates the national assembly. Yoruba nation is the only solution for we yoruba.

Don't be deceived, he isn't Yorùbá. There are many of them - Ipob bigots and embittered tribalists masquerading as Yorubas to break our unity which is a threat to them. Religion is one of their dividing factors to use

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by jrusky(m): 6:25pm On May 02, 2022
God1000:
I wonder what they are meeting to discuss about, I remember when this Sunday igboho was invited by one lady to intervene in her marital issues then in Ibadan, the lady was divorcing her husband, igboho boys beat the hell out of one of the relatives of the husband then In early 2018

What the hell are you talking about? Is that an allegation or what? or what connection does this has with the post?
Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by luluman: 6:26pm On May 02, 2022
babasolution:

LAGOS is their power.the Yoruba are lucky to have a former capital in their region. It gives them enormous political power.Aside that the Yorubas are a largely large to insignicant major tribe
Bros the tribe dey pain you o.Why not try hard & collect the Lagos from them?

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by Pocketnews: 6:27pm On May 02, 2022
Visiting him for what.
Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by johnnychuks(m): 6:28pm On May 02, 2022
Yobabad:
We Yoruba Muslims will keep praying and beging for one Nigeria
. I pray it work out for you yorubas, so this dead country can be buried finally.
Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by babasolution: 6:28pm On May 02, 2022
luluman:
Bros the tribe dey pain you o.Why not try hard & collect the Lagos from them?

It's going to happen sooner than you think
Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by luluman: 6:29pm On May 02, 2022
babasolution:

It's going to happen sooner than you think
But you for try win your region from herdsmen first before claiming another person's region.Is it not dumb to be pursuing another person's property while herdsmen are taking over yours?

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by Rayjnr: 6:30pm On May 02, 2022
God1000:
Reports said they met behind closed door on Sunday in Benin Republic but it wasn't clear what the meeting was about

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7105975/wole-soyinka-others-visit-sunday

Wetin meeting want dey about, Op u funny o, fugitive
Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by ljoh: 6:30pm On May 02, 2022
Soyinka is wearing Amotekun
Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by sammirano: 6:31pm On May 02, 2022
Arelyn:

It is very unusual for me to quote people on public forums but when it comes to statements like yours that is borne out of share hatred and poor understanding of the relevance of individual tribes of our dear nation, I will love to school you..

1. Referring to a major tribe in this country as an insignificant tribe shows your lack of appreciation of the politics of numbers..By and large, this tribe has the second largest population in the country on the basis of our geopolitical division
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/largest-ethnic-groups-in-nigeria.html

2. This tribe was the first to receive western education, in short the people from this tribe were the first notable Nigerians outside the shores of this country
https://education.stateuniversity.com/pages/1100/Nigeria-HISTORY-BACKGROUND.html

3. Calling this tribe an insignificant tribe based on the presence of a previous seat of government under the colonial rule shows you are not in tune with reality....Lagos, Enugu, Kaduna were major cities prior to independence, in short Lagos had nothing going for it in terms of revenue aside from the those generated from seaport, it took the ingenuity of Bola Ahmed Tinubu to build the structure for internal generated revenue that is being copied both at the federal and state levels as of today..
This begs the question why can't other states of federation develop same?
https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/amp/news/103568/tinubu-meet-the-pathfinder-for-the-development-of-lagos.html

4. Politically, you can bear me witness that this insignificant group of people, have produced a whole lot of antagonist and protagonist leaders, they are a force to reckon with in terms of political alliance and structure...I bet you know you can't give what you don't have
https://www.ajol.info/index.php/ijhss/article/view/105744/95753

Let me stop here for now because time is of the essence for you and I, but I am open to write you other times to explore this at length, hopefully you will be able to apply more logic than emotions on your future submissions...

Best Regards

Bros. you really have time to reply that foolish blockhead flatbrain. They are so unintelligent and it stinks, reason for their very backward poto poto republic that has nothing going for it, and they are littered across south western states like rats.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 6:31pm On May 02, 2022
babasolution:
Am sorry to say this,the Yoruba to me are just a poser people,they are so little

But your tribe does not even smell 3rd class citizenship and can never become president except by accident

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by Tommydare(m): 6:32pm On May 02, 2022
babasolution:

LAGOS is their power.the Yoruba are lucky to have a former capital in their region. It gives them enormous political power.Aside that the Yorubas are a largely large to insignicant major tribe
So, igbos are the significant tribe? Akidanidani

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by Okobola146: 6:32pm On May 02, 2022
Yobabad:
Yoruba terrorists you meant. Bunch of fokn slaves
Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by ShenTeh(m): 6:32pm On May 02, 2022
Arelyn:

1. Referring to a major tribe in this country as an insignificant tribe shows your lack of appreciation of the politics of numbers..By and large, this tribe has the second largest population in the country on the basis of our geopolitical division
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/largest-ethnic-groups-in-nigeria.html

2. This tribe was the first to receive western education, in short the people from this tribe were the first notable Nigerians outside the shores of this country
https://education.stateuniversity.com/pages/1100/Nigeria-HISTORY-BACKGROUND.html

3. Calling this tribe an insignificant tribe based on the presence of a previous seat of government under the colonial rule shows you are not in tune with reality....Lagos, Enugu, Kaduna were major cities prior to independence, in short Lagos had nothing going for it in terms of revenue aside from the those generated from seaport, it took the ingenuity of Bola Ahmed Tinubu to build the structure for internal generated revenue that is being copied both at the federal and state levels as of today..
This begs the question why can't other states of federation develop same?
https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/amp/news/103568/tinubu-meet-the-pathfinder-for-the-development-of-lagos.html

4. Politically, you can bear me witness that this insignificant group of people, have produced a whole lot of antagonist and protagonist leaders, they are a force to reckon with in terms of political alliance and structure...I bet you know you can't give what you don't have
https://www.ajol.info/index.php/ijhss/article/view/105744/95753

Let me stop here for now because time is of the essence for you and I, but I am open to write you other times to explore this at length, hopefully you will be able to apply more logic than emotions on your future submissions...

Best Regards

Now this is how you send riffraffs to school.

Cheers

6 Likes

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by babasolution: 6:34pm On May 02, 2022
luluman:
But you for try win your region from herdsmen first before claiming another person's region.Is it not dumb to be pursuing another person's property while herdsmen are taking over yours?

The Hausa's have already conquered Lagos,what remains is imposition of their authority
Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by babasolution: 6:35pm On May 02, 2022
BlakKluKluxKlan:

But your tribe does not even smell 3rd class citizenship and can never become president except by accident

The Yorubas that have smelled presidency are no better than others
Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by LadiesForever(f): 6:35pm On May 02, 2022
Good to see you guys haven't forgotten he who fought for you

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by GloriousGbola: 6:35pm On May 02, 2022
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wole_Soyinka

Civil war and imprisonment

After becoming Chair of Drama at the University of Ibadan, Soyinka became more politically active. Following the military coup of January 1966, he secretly and unofficially met with the military governor Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu in the Southeastern town of Enugu (August 1967), to try to avert civil war.[citation needed] As a result, he had to go into hiding.

He was imprisoned for 22 months[58] as civil war ensued between the Federal government of Nigeria and the Biafrans. Though refused materials such as books, pens, and paper, he still wrote a significant body of poems and notes criticising the Nigerian government while in prison.[59]

Despite his imprisonment, his play The Lion and The Jewel was produced in Accra, Ghana, in September 1967. In November that year, The Trials of Brother Jero and The Strong Breed were produced in the Greenwich Mews Theatre in New York City. Soyinka also published a collection of his poetry, Idanre and Other Poems, which was inspired by his visit to the sanctuary of the Yorùbá deity Ogun, whom he regards as his "companion" deity, kindred spirit, and protector.[59]

In 1968, the Negro Ensemble Company in New York produced Kongi's Harvest.[citation needed] While still imprisoned, Soyinka translated from Yoruba a fantastical novel by his compatriot D. O. Fagunwa, entitled The Forest of a Thousand Demons: A Hunter's Saga.

for those wankers talking s**t
Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 6:38pm On May 02, 2022
babasolution:

The Yorubas that have smelled presidency are no better than others

Another phantom yam festival awaits you.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by Etimemy: 6:39pm On May 02, 2022
Yobabad:

You just display your terrorising spirit

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by GoodIsGod: 6:39pm On May 02, 2022
Eriokanmi:
A, Aja, B, Bata and D, Doje shocked

E, Ejo. Ẹ Ẹyẹ, F, Fila, G, Goje

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by Jostoman: 6:42pm On May 02, 2022
God1000:
I wonder what they are meeting to discuss about, I remember when this Sunday igboho was invited by one lady to intervene in her marital issues then in Ibadan, the lady was divorcing her husband, igboho boys beat the hell out of one of the relatives of the husband then In early 2018

Just reminiscing sha, he wasn't even this popular then
so what's your point now.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by Prozico22(m): 6:45pm On May 02, 2022
God1000:

who ask you ITK I TOO KNOW

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by Thunderfayayou: 6:47pm On May 02, 2022
God1000:

How on earth is your yeye story related to this post.

Sometimes wetin dey hungry me na to open una nyash and put ghana pepper inside

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by ahmEenu(m): 6:53pm On May 02, 2022
That guy isn’t a Muslim, he’s probably not Yoruba. Don’t take him serious
God1000:
is Yoruba not one? I mean both Christians and Muslims
Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by Eriokanmi: 6:54pm On May 02, 2022
johnnychuks:
. I pray it work out for you yorubas, so this dead country can be buried finally.
Yobabad isn't yoruba. His moniker says it all. He's saying yooba bad( meaning yoruba is bad) Don't be deceived, he's not part of us.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by ahmEenu(m): 6:55pm On May 02, 2022
That guy is not a Yoruba neither is he a Muslim. No waste ur time
aAK1:
you mean you slaves of the fulani?. The typical Hausa man doesn’t even regard you as Muslim.
Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by Kpengla(m): 6:57pm On May 02, 2022
planetE:
Buhari dey give everyone woto woto. Baba wey no get mercy

Dude is done

Let's see how relevant he remains after 29 May 2023
Re: Photos Of Soyinka, Sunday Igboho & Professor Akintoye In Benin Republic by Enceladus(m): 6:59pm On May 02, 2022
God1000:

Just reminiscing sha, he wasn't even this popular then.

Both igboho and kanu should relax abeg, I support restructuring, Nigeria remains the only hope of black race, let's make her great

A British company remains the hope of black race? Nigger area grin grin

What is stopping the repeat of the 1966 coup once we restructure? Will this be our first stint at restructuring?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Only 3 States Generate IGR More Than Allocation From FAAC — Dr Ayawei / Kids Carrying Placards To Protest In Edo Against Election Outcome ( Pictures) / More on how Daura Plotted With Saraki To Embarrass The Buhari Presidency - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.