Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders (43883 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Free Hymn For Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by dinachi(m): 7:14pm On Aug 08, 2007
Wow!!!! somebody give the lord a big hand. So finally it has happened. It took them long enough. Thank God the esteemed man of God has finally taken the bull by the horns. I have nothing to add to this only joy, joy , joy , joy,  in my heart. If you share my enthusiasm please give the lord a wiper!!!!! grin grin grin grin. It is the begining of greater things to come.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by princejay: 7:17pm On Aug 08, 2007
Deu 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
Deu 22:11 Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.

I have taken the liberty of quoting Deuteronomy 22:5, and Deuteronomy 22:11, just to show that a discerning believer will never take he reads, even in the Bible, at face value, without making an effort to place it in its proper context.

A lot of so-called fundamental/conservative/"old-time religion" Christians quote verses like Deuteronomy 22:5 and attempt to twist such verses to suit their own preconceived notions.

For example, Jesus said that believers are the salt of the earth. I do not believe that anybody would insist that He actually meant that we are literally that household item we all use to spice up our food.

In the same way, we must understand that anything the Bible says has to be understood in its context.

What is "that which pertaineth to a man?" And what is "a woman's garment?"

In the day in which the writer of Deuteronomy penned these words, there were no trousers, at least not in the manner we have them today. What this law was actually saying was that a woman should not wear clothes which would cause her to be mistaken for a man, and vice-versa. This law was apparently instituted to forbid cross-dressing and by extension, transvestitism.

It is obvious that in our day, no one would really see a lady and assume that she's a man, or trying to look like a man, simply because she's wearing trousers. In fact, most guys would rather die than wear the kind of trousers that ladies wear. Modern fashion has actually evolved trousers/slacks/pants that are designed for women. Apart from these, there are those trousers which are designed to be unisex, for both genders. There is nothing to suggest that merely wearing trousers would cause a lady to be mistaken for a man.

If a lady were to dress up with the real intentions of being mistaken for a man (or vice versa), then this law could be said to have been contravened.

Another point to note is that this law in Deuteronomy 22:5 is of no greater importance than the one in Deuteronomy 22:11. Why do preachers who wear a shirt or a jacket of cotton and wool, for example, not realise that they are breaking the law too?

Indeed, a mature study of these verses should cause the serious student of the Bible to start asking questions, I would be more than willing to try and answer any questions folks would care to pose along these lines,
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Boondoggle(m): 7:19pm On Aug 08, 2007
what I think of Deuteronomy 22:5?

Well, I would look at it in the context of the time in which the Israelites lived. There were under the law and Christ has redeemed us from the "curse" of the law (not the blessings-please note, we believers are still entitled to the "blessings" of Abraham).

. . .  so I guess I can rip off my old testament. Don't mind me. . . . grin grin grin  Your explaination is one of the three I have and still looking at.

This goes back to my orig point-If we are now under a new convenant, such bans must not be imposed on individuals. However the individuals themselves need a change from the inside out. What is being preached in the pulpit should be Spirit led and should convict the congregation of such things.

I agree with ya fully, deasrest . . . it's the people that should change out of their own conviction.

Hmm! This thread is getting fired up!

Shalom cool
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by seun001(m): 7:27pm On Aug 08, 2007
u guys know we are gonna come up with a million different interpretation of that verse in Deut.

the interpretation i got is that it means a trouser that has been worn by a man cannot be worn by a woman and vice versa.

again i had always thought RCCG never condoned wearing of trousers in the first place,mayb the G.O was just reteirating the fact.am sure PM news twisted the story.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Carlosein(m): 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2007
all of una try

but is it right to ban trousers (the symptoms as some say) instead of addressing the main issue of immorality?
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Seun(m): 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2007
Religion is such a pain. I wonder why women put up with a religion that has little or no respect for them. undecided
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Carlosein(m): 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2007
seun, are u talking christianity or islam?
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by doyin13(m): 7:48pm On Aug 08, 2007
What is it with this Naija men.

They need a hug badly.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by rossy4life(f): 7:53pm On Aug 08, 2007
Pastor G.O is one of the most respected men of God in the world, and I trust his sense of judgement. There's no biblical verse against wearing trousers but there are verses against wearing skimpy and revealing clothes. B4 pastor G.O decided to barn the wearing of trousers in Redeem, some members must have taken it to the extreme. Pastor G.O is in a position to look after God's flock, and he would be accountable to God, if doing that will save some men from falling into eternal damnation, i think it's fair enough.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Boondoggle(m): 8:05pm On Aug 08, 2007
Hey boon, what post of mine where you referring to led to a name change? I've had several 

@ Godsgirl,

checkout your post on "What unusual thing have you done for love?"

Hope you are good now.

Shalom cool
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by opeemi1(m): 8:32pm On Aug 08, 2007
Where are those that were bashing Islam for the banning of trousers in Benue state, and the arrest of scantily-dressed ladies in Lagos state?  I guess this one too na "Islamization"/"sharia" abi? tongue  I expected you guys to have changed. sad

As for the topic, I am absolutely indifferent.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by santony2k(m): 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2007
I think the issue here is not that women wear trousers to church, but that some of them wear it in an inappropriate way (too tight etc).

Sure the church went to the extreme to tackle the situation (which doesn't neccessary solve the problem) but we must remember its a church. If you don't like it, there are a million others out there that would accept you for who you are. I guess the RCCG doesn't want to accept you.

So, all those girls that need deliverance can't go to RCCG again. Try CAC if they'll let you in.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by agbola(m): 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2007
1st of all where did they get such an info 4rm cos i'm a redeemed member and haven't heard anythin yet these papers always hav a way of misqoutin pastors lyk dey did to bakare (G.O. cud hav mayb jus warned against it)

whereas deut 22:5 talks about cross dressers not girls who wear trousers which i consider as very smart especially 4 workin class ladies and more decent dan micro-minis and very convenient 4 d hardknock lives dese babes hav 2 face evry day lyk climbin okadas, strugglin 4 molues etc.

so me i don't believe dere is anythin wrong wit dem trousers
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by barin24(m): 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2007
Benue state govt bans women wearing trousers. OH D ISLAMISTS ARE AT IT AGAIN, !

R.c.c.g G.O bans trousers. JUNK JOURNALISM, !

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by LAHLAXZA(m): 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2007
I am still waiting for the comment or comments of the biggest BIGOT on Nairaland, Babyosisi.Please come and explain this one ASSHOLE.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by wendymanda: 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2007
Maybe this pastor guy is only comforming to it so that his congregation will not be arrestedزي ز
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by doyin13(m): 9:38pm On Aug 08, 2007
@Lahlaza

That is no way to talk to a lady

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by LAHLAXZA(m): 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2007
@doyin13

I hate to be that way, but she is always on the offensive,hence my opinion about her.P.s She does not conduct her self in a ladylike manner, so she should not be awarded the privileges associated with being a lady.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by dachamp(m): 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2007
Only God can Judge!
Almost all the females of some new generation churches dresses in trouser
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by femionasan(m): 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2007
Everytime i am here it baffles me the way people make statements without facts. The so called PM news that wrote this piece is quite an unserious paper as far as i am concerned cos on many occasions they have always twisted stories. Anyway Pastor Adeboye banned trousers for church workers of the RCCG. If u are just an ordinary member i guess u are free but if the Holy spirit ministers to you that it is wrong then it is ur choice to do so or not. As for church workers, if u want to be a church worker then u have to abide by the rules and that means no trousers. Its just like working in an organisation that has its rules u must abide by, if u dont like it leave and if u can tolerate it good luck to you.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Guk: 11:14pm On Aug 08, 2007
Its always been a Dress Code for "WORKERS ONLY" in RCCG for Men to dress neatly wearing Shirt Trouser and Tie,also a Jacket if you have one and for Women to dress appropraitely with Skirts not above the knee and without flesh revealing Slits. Breast revealing tops are discouraged, therefore "DECENT" DRESSING IS NOT RELIGIOUS. Non Christians also dress decently. Trousers are not prohibited for non workers, i.e. Congregation members and visitors, but they are not encouraged. You will not be turned back if you wear one because Jesus did not turn any one back.

A warning to you though:- if you wear a too short skirt, the Ushers might lend you a Scarf to cover your exposed thighs. No harm
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by naijaking1: 11:14pm On Aug 08, 2007
LAHLAXZA:

I am still waiting for the comment or comments of the biggest BIGOT on Nairaland, Babyosisi.Please come and explain this one ASSHOLE.

Wow, dude, you miss her that much?

Be a man, ask her directly.

She might even say yes!
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by tpia: 11:22pm On Aug 08, 2007
I tire for Nigeria o.

why must we always major in minor things? why is women's attire suddenly a big deal? I understand for the sharia people, but why must it become a matter of state?

This is why I like to read about the history of Christianity. There's nothing going on today in any church that hasnt been done before. Look at the Puritans. Look at Rwanda. Look at WWII Germany.

Religion in itself is so dangerous. Even Christ warned about the danger of being religious without having a godly and teachable mind.

Boondoggle, can you explain to me if Jesus wore trousers in his day?  Thanks.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Guk: 11:42pm On Aug 08, 2007
Trouser controversy or not, check out this RCCG people on this sites bubbling their lives away:

http://www.experiencejubilee.org/content/view/74/63/

http://www.experiencejubilee.org/content/view/74/1/

Christianity for me as i see on these sites are real people like you and i living normal lives in conformity to Christ's ways. Finito!!!

The choice of the way you choose to live is yours. God has given you the Freedom to choose, but He would rather, you choose the Right way. HIS!!!

Enjiy the sites, i did, i couldnt stop bubbling myself.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 09, 2007
naijaking1:

Wow, dude, you miss her that much?

Be a man, ask her directly.

She might even say yes!

my dear,my secret admirers are uncountable.
If mr lahlazy grin cares to know,I attend a Church where the the members do not wear trousers to church[b].I've never heard it preached but noticed that by observation and I DO NOT WEAR PANTS (TROUSERS) TO MY ChURCH and I was not led there on a leash[/b].

If you go to my hometown church with your head uncovered,the ushers will not let you in so I cover my hair when I go to my village Church.

You may not be able to get it into your Islamic noodle of a brain that arresting a woman wearing pants on the streets is not the same as what this church is doing.
Personally.I see nothing wrong with wearing pants and if a woman insists she must wear them on Sunday,let her go to another church instead of RCCG,it's as simple as that.

deeper lifers wear headties 24 hours a day,they are Christians,I will not become a member and fight  that they all begin perming their hair or wearing weave,that will be stupidity neither will I form a movement of deeper lifers for earings,what will be my aim?
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 09, 2007
LAHLAXZA:

You are big waste of a sperm dot grin
You must have read my view on this.
any woman that chooses to hang out her breasts walking down the streets must not be molested by policemen for doing so,that is still my stand.

No human has a right to legislate what free citizens can wear and not wear on the streets of Nigeria but a Church has a right to make its laws and principles written or implied to govern their members.
If you don't like it go find another Church,its as simple as ABC.
No need to squeeze  your dehydrated balls into oblivion grin

You can't go to a law court in Nigeria wearing singlet and shorts
an employer can decide to ban it employees from say showing their tatoos on their arms or wearing khaki pants,and you either obey it or find another job.

I know it's perverted individuals like you that'll tear off a woman's abaya and hijab in a heart beat when you corner her on a deserted road.
If you can't control your urges and want a woman tied in a blanket to keep you from developing a third leg,there are medications for priapism,you may benefit tremendously from it.
grin grin

let me hear you call my name again
agbero motorpark like you grin
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by SweetnSour(f): 1:41am On Aug 09, 2007
I do not support the rule at all.
Banning women from wearing trousers will not eliminate immoral acts in the church.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by LAHLAXZA(m): 2:26am On Aug 09, 2007
In True fashion the Bigot(Babyosisi) did not disappoint(Yes i said you name ),do something.What a miserable existence?
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by gfani(m): 2:43am On Aug 09, 2007
As for the ban, well think good, even though as some said its not actually about rules & Regs, but some measures of caution must be applied to forstall calamity in the midst of the so called saints.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Phlota(f): 3:57am On Aug 09, 2007
I dont thinkit' strue, but even if it is d issue to be addressed is immoralty nd oda significant social vices. Prob, Daddy G.O had a convctn,but i dont think banning trousers caan eliminate immoralty
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by mushki: 4:02am On Aug 09, 2007
I guess nowadays sinners have to save themselves first before coming to church so they can look acceptable to the oh so pious men and women of God.
I remember a time the emphasis was to come just as u r and if the church is preaching Jesus, the  Holy Spirit will do his work of transforming peope from the inside out.
By the way why do trousers mean so much to Africans when the dumb things were not part of our culture at all!!! I cant understand why women wearing them has such a negative connotation more than anywhere else in the world. The same people who walked around barely covered now want to teach the world about the morality of not showing skin or form.
Wait a minute is this the same church that banned baby showers?
If so i guess its all about our own blend of christianity and african , wisdom
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by dafman(m): 7:07am On Aug 09, 2007
The other day it was Covenant doing pregnancy and HIV test, then the police arresting girls for dressing in skimpy attires now it is RCCG banning girls from wearing trousers, are these the solutions to our underdevelopment as the 6th largest oil producer in the world?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Release Of Fluid While Sleeping, Does It Signifies You Have A Spiritual Wife. / 2020 Prophecies By Prophet Joshua Iginla / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.