Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,437 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders (43928 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Free Hymn For Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by mellow(m): 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2007
What I don't understand is if he said anywhere at all

or only to the church. and agaain, did he really say so?
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Goshen360(m): 5:38pm On Aug 09, 2007
pls lets address this issue pls: does his bann on trouser affect other countries of the world like europe and the states.

Thanks
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by A40(m): 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2007
Thats bad news o! grin
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by seun001(m): 6:20pm On Aug 09, 2007
i bet he doesnt have the guts to ban trousers outside the country.cos if he does,he loses business.lol
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 09, 2007
this your plea is touching.
hey yaaaaaa
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by archbishop(m): 6:46pm On Aug 09, 2007
hi nairalanders,
I hope this is not only the BLACK thing.
I hope those in Europe and Ameria are affected.
all this things about religion.
How i wish God can show us their Hearts. PRETENDERS

; cool cool cool.
from archbishop.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Carlosein(m): 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2007
When men spend an extraordinary amount of time discussing what women should or should not wear, it simply points to a certain degree of sexual dysfunction in the society.

Said plainly, men discuss or make rules about women's attire mostly because they're Hot as hell.

Religion, politics, culture maybe cover-up reasons, but don't forget the number one reason.

Hot!!!

ehn ehn!
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by cgift(m): 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2007
If the ban concerns not wearing it to church then i believe it has no effect because they can still put 'em on at home shikena! On another note, if it doesnot affect thos outside da country, i fear,
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Carlosein(m): 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2007
@cgift

is there any reason why it should not affect those outside the country?

if it is a church as it should be the rule should be all binding and all reaching don't you think?
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by debosky(m): 7:22pm On Aug 09, 2007
so the people in the Freezing extremes such as in Canada will be forced to wear skirts as well in -30C weather?

unless they will pay for the frostbite treatments for these people, I dont see how it will work.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Goshen360(m): 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2007
dsa:

well thank God for this new development i.e the church has to wait for the so-called unbeliever to determine our moral standard which the Lord is not happy about.

Please tu ladies whenever u dress just ask yourself why do i dress like this your motive will be your own judge, am happy because we bros are not feeling comfortable with all this seductive dress and see me through.
God bless our President,

God bless Our Governor (Fashola)

God bless our Daddy (Pastor Adeboye)

Please dress to cover up and not to make us bros fall we beg una for the Lord's coming is at hand.

God bless.[/color][/font][/color][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list][/b]

The bible also teaches self control, are u in church to see what sisters put on if its seductive, that means u are also seductive urself. Pls learn to control and put ur body under sunjection inorder not to fall into temptation. Temptation will always come from any where even outside the church but when ur body is subjected to the spirit of God, u have His grace.
Carlosein:

@cgift

is there any reason why it should not affect those outside the country?

if it is a church as it should be the rule should be all binding and all reaching don't you think?

if it doesnt affect the same church under same leadership outside Nigeria, then we have to be led by the spirit of God to reveal the intent of this bann.

more post pls
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Carlosein(m): 7:52pm On Aug 09, 2007
if it doesnt affect the same church under same leadership outside Nigeria, then we have to be led by the spirit of God to reveal the intent of this bann.

more post please

knowing nigeria and our attitudes, i would not be surprised if it does not go beyond our shores.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by geegee(f): 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2007
all these bann or no bann thing is hypocrisy are women just wearing trousers to church? how can somebody say
women should not wear trousers to church cos he now has the conviction that its wrong, how about the people who wear it,what if they've not had the conviction that it's wrong? this is where freewill comes in.im not a church goer and it doesn't affect me in anyway. i think no one has the right to impose his or her belifes on anyone.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by ben05moore(m): 8:46pm On Aug 09, 2007
+++++sounds nice==but i think it cant be eradicated====
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by UPRISING: 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2007
I have gone thru all ur post, and i most say that u all are making a very good points
in one way or the other, but one thing u all need to know is that the G . O. those not
just speak by himself, but through the HOLY SPIRIT.
that is all i have have to say for now, and as for the rccg ladied as you obey the man
of GOD, GOD will meet you all at the point of your needs. remain bless,
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by tpia: 10:57pm On Aug 09, 2007
see why thinking people are becoming atheists in droves,
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by geegee(f): 11:27pm On Aug 09, 2007
upraising,
dont u think there should be someone else the holy spirit should talk to as well? pls dont get me
wrong im not saying what u said is not true ,i mean among the ladies if not all of them?.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by lateefah79: 11:34pm On Aug 09, 2007
@Replenish
i hope say the INSPIRATION,go REPLENISH u,as u so much desired,maybe (of which am not sure of)after he replenish u finish,then u go fit write ur own version.i dey sure say ur own version ehn, ,i bow ,
do u know the oldest religion in the world,my cara replenish
it is not christianity,
secondly,how old is christianity?
so u wan tell me knw say daddy GO just get the message(i mean u so called inspiration).
what do u knw about the bible?
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by geegee(f): 11:59pm On Aug 09, 2007
pls tell us.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by lovemajek(f): 12:14am On Aug 10, 2007
Yes, tellus what you know about bible.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by oluhak: 12:26am On Aug 10, 2007
I really welcome this sudden development especially in the 21st century. I wld appreciate if this policy is extended to other parishes in the world especially U.S.A. and EUROPE.

Most of these female worsippers that wear trousers do so in order to scoop for men rather than waiting for the lord to choose for them.

Olu-Hak
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by lovemajek(f): 12:28am On Aug 10, 2007
faith and attires were diferent things.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by GL(f): 2:07am On Aug 10, 2007
hmmm, na wa oh. i'm also an RCCG member. i'm just hearing of this ban. Is it just for church services or everywhere, and is it just for workers or all members. I doubt that there are RCCG churches in nigeria where workers are allowed to come for service (at least, sunday service) in trousers.

i wonder if this ban would hold for the RCCG memb ers outside this country, i remember when i was in the redeemed school in the camp, there was a time when a law was passed that all female students should have their heads covered at ALL times. somehow it wasnt enforced. around dat time, during the Ministers' Conference i saw an Asian lady wearing black sleeveless top and black trousers with an armband on and her hair uncovered. she was most likely a guest minister. now, that kind of dressing in most RCCG circles will be regarded as occultic, i had d impression back then that there were different standards for black and white christians.

about women wearing trousers to seduce men, i'd say skirts and dresses can be much more seductive than trousers. besides, any man who comes to church and is seduced by a lady in tight trousers was probably looking for seduction anyway. because in such an environment, where the name of the Lord is being proclaimed, i'd expect that anyone would be repulsed by seductive dressing. Nigerian men just like to blame their problems on women.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by lovemajek(f): 3:15am On Aug 10, 2007
you are right.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by Godsgirl(f): 8:50am On Aug 10, 2007
A slight deviation,

This just came to me, If any man in church found me attractive due to some skimpy-slutty revealing clothes I had on (trouser or skirt), I would not want to have a relationship with him because the foundation is pretty weak.  I like to ask men that fall for me what it is they saw in me to attract them to me in that capacity, Most get disqualified by their response to that ques.  kiss This is not surprising to those who know me. I am very strict and discerning when it comes to this.

Agape!
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by ozigbo(m): 8:53am On Aug 10, 2007
why
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by ozigbo(m): 8:59am On Aug 10, 2007
easy that they don't give u good
answer or what.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by ozigbo(m): 9:01am On Aug 10, 2007
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by replenish(f): 9:23am On Aug 10, 2007
latifa or what is your taliban name. please kindly tell me what you know about the bible. am waiting,
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by etuwoma(m): 9:44am On Aug 10, 2007
Mr Boondoggle,
U just Quote Deuteronomy 22:5 as if it's the only verse there. have u checked out the other verses in that particular chapter?
for instance, there is a verse there that says we should not wear any fabric that's made of different materials like polyester & silk etc.
so this trouser issue is just about the individual.every lady should dress decently and i like Godsgirl's view that we should guided by the Holy Spirit.
i don't support indecent or skimpy dressing.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by lateefah79: 9:53am On Aug 10, 2007
make una see me c devil o,how person go say my name na taliban name,see mongoloid,merda like u,dont u knw the meaning of that name ,
it means LIGHT.anyway the lessons for the bible will not be on the net,but if u re dead serious com to ISREAL then u wuld knw very well the doctrine of the bible.as u can see,ferry replenish,does that luk like a xtian nome?
grande put**a.
Re: Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders by uchetobi(f): 10:01am On Aug 10, 2007
Shey its only in the church? It can’t affect outside church, he cant tell me not to wear pant suit to work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others / Pictures Of Christmas Day Bomb Blast In Catholic Church / Nigerian Prophet Gives 2015 Prophecies,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.