Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

An Undergraduate Needs Your Advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Undergraduate Needs Your Advice (642 Views)

Please This Desperate Boy Needs Your Help Asap Within 16hours. / How To Write A Killer Final Year Project Proposal As An Undergraduate / The Big Size Of An Undergraduate's Project Hardcopy (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Undergraduate Needs Your Advice by culbadboi(m): 6:36am On May 02, 2022
I'm currently a 200 level student of Agricultural science education in a federal university.
Initially, i was given this course because i had deficiency in my o'level result. So, i accepted the course with the hope of changing the course in my 200lvl, but it did'nt work. Now i'm thinking of dumping the course for my dream course (Computer science or Medsurg) but it'll require me to rewrite waec to get a better result & also jamb.
Now my problem is should i complete my current degree then after go for a second degree or should i just drop & start processing admission to study my course of choice?
N.B: i still regret not rewriting waec earlier. Pls nlanders i need your advice.
Re: An Undergraduate Needs Your Advice by yuping(m): 6:40am On May 02, 2022
culbadboi:
I'm currently a 200 level student of Agricultural science education in a federal university.
Initially, i was given this course because i had deficiency in my o'level result. So, i accepted the course with the hope of changing the course in my 200lvl, but it did'nt work. Now i'm thinking of dumping the course for my dream course (Computer science or Medsurg) but it'll require me to rewrite waec to get a better result & also jamb.
Now my problem is should i complete my current degree then after go for a second degree or should i just drop & start processing admission to study my course of choice?
N.B: i still regret not rewriting waec earlier. Pls nlanders i need your advice.
Yoy can rewrite your WAEC while still studying, finish the degree and go for second degree.
Hope money won't be an Issue?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Undergraduate Needs Your Advice by adeoyekay(m): 6:45am On May 02, 2022
Agricultural course is good most expecially during this period of recession we are experiencing in Nigeria, haven't you heard it before, that some graduates were advised to go for farming. Which will save them from unemployment, bro, for me I prefer agriculture to computer you are desiring for.
Take a survey for this there is less population in agriculture . Do you have a chance of being employ if you go for that science courae, if that should be the reason, you can go for what you like most

I say it one again I prefer agriculture.

1 Like

Re: An Undergraduate Needs Your Advice by Skyfornia(m): 6:54am On May 02, 2022
Buhari your leader is without certificate...and here you are underrating a certificate in agricultural science. No be juju?

1 Like

Re: An Undergraduate Needs Your Advice by Nobody: 7:58am On May 02, 2022
culbadboi:

Tbh I'll advise you to finish your agricultural degree...then you can later go and do your second degree(or better still just do a computer science certification program)...the reason is because in Nigerian universities they wont teach you anything in computer science...most of the time it's from YouTube you'll gather your knowledge...so theres no need stressing yourself to do all the waec and jamb only for you to end up not really learning anything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Undergraduate Needs Your Advice by idu1(m): 8:19am On May 02, 2022
Why you go desert your degree for the sake of Jesus Christ?
Re: An Undergraduate Needs Your Advice by phemmyfour: 9:05am On May 02, 2022
culbadboi:
Complete it and go for your dream course. There is an added advantage in having a double degree

2 Likes

Re: An Undergraduate Needs Your Advice by olamoses75(m): 12:05pm On May 02, 2022
Don’t make the mistake of dropping out o. What’s the assurance that you’ll get admission to study your desire course, even if you pass all your exams,(waec, utme, post utme) because of the competitiveness of computer science and medsug? Finish this one you’re in first, then keep trying for second degree.

2 Likes

Re: An Undergraduate Needs Your Advice by culbadboi(m): 9:21pm On May 02, 2022
Thank you all for your input i'm grateful.
Re: An Undergraduate Needs Your Advice by Paulheyman: 9:26pm On May 02, 2022
If you're certain of MBBS admission then quit. Remember you can apply the knowledge of computer to solve many problems in agriculture. So, computer science is incorporated in all discipline including MBBS. So, if I were to be in your shoes I will rather finish my present degree, go for MSc, then a PhD and graduate at a very young age. These academic journey will entail the use of computers and acquiring computer based
skills that will help you create a niche where you fit into perfectly.

My story 1: As a young secondary school graduate, I had untold love for physics (nuclear physics), similarly, I had passion for computer science too but the universe chose chemistry for me, I understand Chemistry more than I do for physics but I don't really have that passion for it. I was offered admission to study industrial chemistry in the university, it wasn't really that fun to me coupled with some health challenges. I wanted to quit Chemistry for computer science in my second year but a friend dissuaded me, I am still grateful to him for that singular action. Fast forward to my MSc; everything changed, I met a supervisor who was so fanatic about Chemistry, boom! that flame of interest and love for chemistry was ignited. Then, during my PhD I applied the knowledge of computer (computational chemistry) in an attempt to solve my health challenges and it was really fun connecting back to my love for computer science. Presently, I am happy I didn't give up on chemistry. I am now working towards converting my passion into money, and it isn't easy I must confess.

My Story 2: A friend of mine, had strong passion for MBBS, he was at least 22years older than me as at then, he graduated with us, went back and did Anatomy for 3 years, then wrote another jamb. I am proud of him, he is a medical doctor today. To him Chemistry was very difficult.

My point: The key is passion. Can your passion sustain your interest in computer science or MBBS? Do you have a valid and workable plans to attain your goals?

Conclusion: The universe has a way of chosen us for specific task, it's now left for us to improve on those task and monitize them for financial benefits. The problem is that many can't make a living out of their calling/passion.

Stay blessed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Universal Public Health Science / Billionaire Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Doctor Of Business Degree / How To Solve NPC Pending Application Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.